The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Classes Are Rabbitholes 😿

I just learned that classes are rabbitholes! I'm so sad!
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't feel that bothered by it but it would of been nice to at least have the option to go to some classes like how the careers work where we can go with our sim and do tasks. It's a shame really. I hope the expansion makes up for it in other areas at least.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    That’s extremely disappointing.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Whoop whoop! I'm probably the only person actually, truly, happy about this. School IRL is boring, the active careers are boring, so how can schools be any better? It's good for the first time, but not so much afterwards. Now I only use them for storylines.

Not the only one. Someone did a poll in the expansions section, and last I noticed, Rabbit Hole was in the lead by a fair amount.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Whoop whoop! I'm probably the only person actually, truly, happy about this. School IRL is boring, the active careers are boring, so how can schools be any better? It's good for the first time, but not so much afterwards. Now I only use them for storylines.

Not the only one happy about it at all. I'm thrilled. They were terrible in TS3.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Nope, you’re not the only one. There are so many aspects to university I am looking forward to, watching my sim sit around multiple classrooms repeating 5 or 6 animations isn’t one of them. It just seems like a total snooze-a-palooza.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Wow. I’m so surprised I might need to sit down.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    what sims do in class? I don't think it's fun to watch sims sit in desk all day write paper in sims 8 hour, unless it's active like career scientist (sady plant/garden is buggest, planet just dead in next day, where it's great if sims scientist live in apment but no place to grow plants, roleplaying.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’m actually really happy about that. In theory it sounds fun, but it would end up feeling like a chore. It’s sad there isn’t an option to go with your sims like the active careers, for those who wanted it, but I’m glad that rabbitholes classes are the default
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Maybe an option for it will come later, but I'm kool with it either way.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Choice would have been nice. They could have improved upon sims 3 active classes. I mean lots of people want to go to school with their sim kids. I feel it’s like scuba diving- staring at a clock running waiting for it to run down isn’t game play.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Big shocker.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I'm quite pleased about this. The active classes/lectures in Sims 3 were nice but it got boring quickly just watching your sims snooze through class. At least with the rabbithole classes, if all your sims are out, the time will fast forward. Then you can focus on the other things for them to do. Sounds like a sensible design decision to me <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    also we could get pop ups of cool things happening in class like we get for teens and kids
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I just with they were like TS3 - some open lectures and the rest rabbit holes. They showed debate class in the trailer so at least that's something we can see.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Kind of happy about it, i was bored of Sims 3 university pretty quickly, was always tired of watching sims in class.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    not gonna lie, classes in TS3 were boring as hell, im fine with this, but i'd never ever forgive them for not putting an underwater environment in that island expansion smh
    y'all got bread?
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I have no qualms with this.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,466 Member
    edited November 2019

While I have to say I'm not overly troubled by this news, it was fun to be able to direct our Sims while they were in class, here and there, in Sims3. I also know that it fast became old and I found myself clicking on the fastest speed to get my Sims to the best time of their day, doing what they wanted to do to enhance their experience/raise their grade, or just party-down. LOL My Sim, Erik Cantrell (yes, my now Global Superstar in this iteration) used to do the Dumpster Dive, was too into drinking from the Keg and was an overall radical. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll send him to university. At least, since he's already achieved fame, getting his degree in Fine Arts won't affect where he starts off in said career, as it did in Sims 3. I found I enjoyed the entire process. He really worked hard, so his achievement was shared by moi. ;)

None of this dims my excitement about this EP. I just hope my finances allow for me to get it upon release. Keep good thoughts. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Im happy about this as well. I have zero interest in sitting through virtual class.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I also don't mind they're rabbit holes either. I rarely play through the careers. Sure, now and then, but not always every save...
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019

There is a music track most apt for the purposes of an answer here, it is called " Excuse me for Scribblin' ". it chronicles the adventures of a boy who didn't learn anything in school but left school and learned more in the wilds on proper life experience than he could of ever gotten in school education.

Perhaps DU will teach all those life skills to sims that are not taught in schools in the real world? that would be a rabbithole and one i'd love to see! finally some real sense found somewhere! :D
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Cutting corners, remember? Don't forget Sims 4 mainly is a make-Sims/things-look-pretty game. Well, I'm glad I don't have to sit through classes - I'm not really interested in going to school all over again. Sorry. Thanks, EA, for making the game appeal to me personally B)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm not really interested in going to school all over again.

Why does a pack based around education appeal to you then?
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm not really interested in going to school all over again.

Why are you interested in a pack themed around education?

YES exactly!!