Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

1484950515254...Next

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    @Snowie Thanks for the long and detailed answer :smile: ! It really helped me to see the bigger picture of which packs to use and I have all EP´s and Packs so far. I think I might try this and start today.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    @Snowie Thanks for the long and detailed answer :smile: ! It really helped me to see the bigger picture of which packs to use and I have all EP´s and Packs so far. I think I might try this and start today.

I actually completely forgot about this, but if you want you can start in Sulani--It's one of the recommended starting locations and there's lots of nice tribal CAS stuff from Island Living.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    That is where I have started mine and that was what I was thinking when I read this the other day - Sulani.
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Snowie wrote: »
    Hi there,

I would like to try this challenge!

However, I have run into a small issue. The "gain hygiene from swimming" mod isn't working for me, my computer won't even let me download it! So I have decided to give up on the mod. Is there any way to gain hygiene without this mod during the pre-history stage?

Your Sims should gain hygiene from swimming without a mod at all--it only goes up to 50% hygiene, though. You might be looking at an old version of the challenge, as that mod isn't recommended anymore (since it's both not needed and doesn't work anyway), so make sure you're using the most up-to-date rules here. You can also get hygiene from deodorizing cream made with the herbalism skill. You'll have to go to Granite Falls first for the ingredients, but they're all plants so you can easily regrow them at home. Hope that helps!

Thank you. Yeah, the deodorizing cream works really well. I have the Google Doc now.

I do have another question, sorry if you have had to answer it a million times.

When the sim who started the generation (for example, the sim born in the Early Civilization generation), ages up to teenager, which generation do you choose the aspiration from? The generation they were born into or the next generation?

• SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    This looks to be a very fascinating challenge. I have bookmarked this thread and will be happily lurking.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @SimCave you might want to be bookmoarking this one instead: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960939/beta-the-sims-4-history-challenge-2-0#latest since its more up-to-date when this one.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    @MadameLee Okay, thank you.
    Snowie wrote: »
    Hi there,

I would like to try this challenge!

However, I have run into a small issue. The "gain hygiene from swimming" mod isn't working for me, my computer won't even let me download it! So I have decided to give up on the mod. Is there any way to gain hygiene without this mod during the pre-history stage?

Your Sims should gain hygiene from swimming without a mod at all--it only goes up to 50% hygiene, though. You might be looking at an old version of the challenge, as that mod isn't recommended anymore (since it's both not needed and doesn't work anyway), so make sure you're using the most up-to-date rules here. You can also get hygiene from deodorizing cream made with the herbalism skill. You'll have to go to Granite Falls first for the ingredients, but they're all plants so you can easily regrow them at home. Hope that helps!

Thank you. Yeah, the deodorizing cream works really well. I have the Google Doc now.

I do have another question, sorry if you have had to answer it a million times.

When the sim who started the generation (for example, the sim born in the Early Civilization generation), ages up to teenager, which generation do you choose the aspiration from? The generation they were born into or the next generation?

I select their aspiration from the generation they were born in, but you can always change it once they've finished it!
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Thank you!

One last question;

How do you create a family painting?
    Thank you!

One last question;

How do you create a family painting?

You need a Sim with level 2 painting skill or higher, then have them do a painting from reference. You're only required to have the heir to the next generation and their parents in the painting, but you can have as many Sims in it as you'd like. There's special allowances for you to move in a Sim to paint your family specifically so that you can get the whole family in there--check the fine print in the challenge-wide goals section!
    Hey all, so as I'm working on the next update I've been thinking about starting up a Discord server for this challenge! Anyone would be welcome to join, and would be a place for people to ask questions, suggest things, post screenshots/stories of their challenge, and chat. If you're interested in that or think you might use the server, let me know!

Also, make sure if you're still following this thread or are new to the challenge that you bookmark the 2.0 thread instead, since that's where I'll be updating the challenge.
  • lovedove2009lovedove2009 Posts: 1 New Member
    my 0th generation girl sim died of drowning >:(
  • babylove3570babylove3570 Posts: 26 Member
    Good evening, I just started the challenge and my ancestors immediately hated each other and I can't seem to get them to build their relationship without cheating. There was no chance of woohoo . We are in week 2 and male ancestor died of embarrassment. Female ancestor danced on his dead body and plead to reaper failed. There was no chance of a new generation between my ancestors. Am I allowed to continue or reset challenge with new sims? Can I continue the challenge with my female ancestor and get her preggers without another sim or sims?
  • charlotterosecharlotterose Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,
    I am up to early civilization, and was wondering if we're allowed to change aspirations for our sims. the previous owner of the challenge has said no, just wondering what anyone else thinks.
    Hello,
    I am up to early civilization, and was wondering if we're allowed to change aspirations for our sims. the previous owner of the challenge has said no, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

Hi! You can change your aspiration after it's completed, but not while you're still working on it. Hope that helps! Sorry I'm a couple days late

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top