Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge (2.0)

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Snowie It can be put on tables, too, like the stone ones from Granite Falls

Can they make it on tables? I thought its tooltip said it had to be on a counter.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • pandorajinelpandorajinel Posts: 2 New Member
    @Snowie the pot itself can go on a table, but they need a counter to actually mix the drink.
  • lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    I uses cc found some stone ones but since I staying on an island I using wood ones but it does not say in the rules we couldn't use counters i figured we can because if my family can make toilets n tubs I am sure realistic counters came first.
    lataya24 wrote: »
    I uses cc found some stone ones but since I staying on an island I using wood ones but it does not say in the rules we couldn't use counters i figured we can because if my family can make toilets n tubs I am sure realistic counters came first.

There's definitely no need for any restrictions on counters, since they don't provide any special usage by themselves. They just don't really fit in with the Stone Age, is all.
  • lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    well I wish they could make the kava on the floor and a mortal n pastel for herbal instead of the grill.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Snowie Are there any guidelines around the use of people of higher or lower status who interact with the family at the centre of the legacy?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Snowie Are there any guidelines around the use of people of higher or lower status who interact with the family at the centre of the legacy?

You mean like, poor NPC Sims can't interact with your high-class family? No, none that I've thought of. Did you have any in mind?
    Snowie wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

You mean like, poor NPC Sims can't interact with your high-class family? No, none that I've thought of. Did you have any in mind?

or NPCs people who might be higher then your family? since you can't have them suddenly go from "poor" (ok bad explation sorry!) to poof! Royalty all of a suddenly. No I didn't have any thing in mind
    6adMCGP.gif
    A small update for Island Living and its corresponding game patch!

Change Log 7/11/19
    Patch 1.52 Updates
    • Added the use of the “Off The Grid” lot trait to the suggestions section for the first four Eras.
    • Allowed the Fisherman part-time job starting in Early Civilization and onward.
    • Allowed taking odd jobs starting in Modern Day.
    • No restrictions on lounge chairs.

More Island Living Support
    • Allowed the Kava Bowl starting in the Stone Age and onward.
    • Allowed the Lifeguard part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
    • Allowed the Diving part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
      - I added suggested restrictions to each era regarding the diving tools and interactions. As always, these are suggestions and you don’t have to follow them if you don’t want to.
    • Allowed the Conservationist career starting in Modern Day.
      - You can, however, do various things to clean up the island at any time. You just can’t do the career until Modern Day.
      - Ex: Things like beachcombing for trash, cleaning up trash on the beach/water, and cleaning up residue left by the volcano will all help you clean up the Island without being part of the Conservationist career.
    • Allowed the Beach Life aspiration starting in the Stone Age and onward.
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    So excited your back and updating again @Snowie! Here soon I'll have to restart my tester family and try our the newly revamped challenge. :)
  • zchillyzchilly Posts: 2 New Member
    I just wanted to make sure it is possible to catch an anglerfish worth $1200+. That's the only thing I have left for the Stone Age and I have 6 sims fishing most of the day with medium bait. I've caught only 4 so far, but none above $200. I was looking at Carl's fishing guide and it said the dollar amount limit for anglerfish is $350.
    zchilly wrote: »
    I just wanted to make sure it is possible to catch an anglerfish worth $1200+. That's the only thing I have left for the Stone Age and I have 6 sims fishing most of the day with medium bait. I've caught only 4 so far, but none above $200. I was looking at Carl's fishing guide and it said the dollar amount limit for anglerfish is $350.

It's definitely possible, but pretty difficult and takes a bit of luck! I know the Sims team did just update fishing, so I'm not sure how that will have impacted catching anglerfish. However, make sure you're fishing with bait--I think you have to use medium sized fish for bait like bass and batfish. Good luck!
  • zchillyzchilly Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Snowie said:
    > zchilly wrote: »
    >
    > I just wanted to make sure it is possible to catch an anglerfish worth $1200+. That's the only thing I have left for the Stone Age and I have 6 sims fishing most of the day with medium bait. I've caught only 4 so far, but none above $200. I was looking at Carl's fishing guide and it said the dollar amount limit for anglerfish is $350.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's definitely possible, but pretty difficult and takes a bit of luck! I know the Sims team did just update fishing, so I'm not sure how that will have impacted catching anglerfish. However, make sure you're fishing with bait--I think you have to use medium sized fish for bait like bass and batfish. Good luck!

I appreciate the quick response! I'll keep on fishing!
    edited July 2019
    @Snowie what I meant because of how the challenge is laid out, how do you go from presumably people more or less being "equal" in prehistory era to poof! suddenly having people not be equal in Egypt/Roman and beyond? Alternativly how do we get one or the other (if we're playing two families) to become more rich not royalty, but like middle class or something?

Since you will have to mention either an Emperor or a Pharaoh, and later Kings, etc. Let's not forget in I think in Victorian times we have the middle class as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Bumping to check for RoM update (if any)? Haven't start this yet and would like to start with the latest GP added to rules.
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Bumping to check for RoM update (if any)? Haven't start this yet and would like to start with the latest GP added to rules.

REEEE
    Sorry, I've not been getting notifications and didn't see your comment until now. Obviously it's been a loooooong time since you asked this, but yes I am planning to update for Moschino, RoM, and University. I was a bit out of the loop for a while but plan to update the challenge for all three of these once University is out. In regards to RoM, I was planning to allow you to start as spellcasters, but not be able to enter the magic realm until a later Era. Cauldrons I was planning to allow starting in Early Civilization. So if you haven't started the challenge yet and still want to, you can run with that for now and get the specific details later!
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    Hi! I was redirected here from the old thread. I've bookmarked this and will lurk happily. I hope people share their story pictures here. It looks like a fun challenge.
  • Inanna90Inanna90 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Really appreciate the reworked history challenge! This is my third time attempting it and I'm really enjoying this go around.

Just letting you know that the anglerfish goal in the stone age era may need to be revised. In a recent update the fishing system was overhauled and one of the things they did was to drastically reduce the max value of fish. I've had 4 sims fish in the sylvan glade for 4 days straight and the most valuable fish I've caught is a 265 $ surgeon. I'll let you know if I catch any more valuable fish, but so far it's looking grim.
    Inanna90 wrote: »
    Hi! Really appreciate the reworked history challenge! This is my third time attempting it and I'm really enjoying this go around.

Just letting you know that the anglerfish goal in the stone age era may need to be revised. In a recent update the fishing system was overhauled and one of the things they did was to drastically reduce the max value of fish. I've had 4 sims fish in the sylvan glade for 4 days straight and the most valuable fish I've caught is a 265 $ surgeon. I'll let you know if I catch any more valuable fish, but so far it's looking grim.

Thanks for letting me know! I have planned to update this goal in the next update (which will be coming once I've played a bit more with university). The planned changes for the goal are to have the casual difficulty be to catch an anglerfish, and the historian difficulty is to catch one worth at least $150. In my testing I caught about one angler over $150 for every 100 bait used, but I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if it's too hard or too easy. For now though, you can go with that goal instead!
  • LomiHeartLomiHeart Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, THANK YOU for maintaining this amazing challenge. I only play challenges in sims and I'm living for the history one since a long time. I know you need to play a bit with the new pack BUT could you please maybe tell in which era do you think sims can start working in the new jobs added in university :)?
    LomiHeart wrote: »
    Hello, THANK YOU for maintaining this amazing challenge. I only play challenges in sims and I'm living for the history one since a long time. I know you need to play a bit with the new pack BUT could you please maybe tell in which era do you think sims can start working in the new jobs added in university :)?

Hi! I haven't tested the new careers yet, but I'm tentatively thinking Gen 4 for Education, Gen 5 for Law, and Gen 6 for Engineering. Those may change drastically when I see what you're required to do for those careers to advance, but for now that's the general idea. Also, in the Google Doc I recently added a new section at the very bottom where I'm tracking notes for future updates. You can check there to see what I have planned!
    Hey all, so as I'm working on the next update I've been thinking about starting up a Discord server for this challenge! Anyone would be welcome to join, and would be a place for people to ask questions, suggest things, post screenshots/stories of their challenge, and chat. If you're interested in that or think you might use the server, let me know!
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    What's another Discord channel? Sure I would love it.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I'm not using discord currently. But I'd register an account just for purpose of joining such channel honestly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top