Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you've played for a while when....

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    When you start googling baby names or surnames because you've used the same ones over and over.

When you ask your hubby if he's up for a little woohoo and he gives you a blank stare. It happened. Don't judge me.

If he understands and agrees, do you then punch the air and go "yibs!" :D

Well, after being told what woohoo is in the Sims, he had no problem with the question. Sooo, yibs!!!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    When you hum songs in simlish

This is me! Or when you prefer a song in simlish instead of English. :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just watched a movie/TV show & make a sim based on the favorite character/actor.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    When you hum songs in simlish

This is me! Or when you prefer a song in simlish instead of English. :D

I'm not a lyricist, but I do find myself needing to create lyrics for some of the tunes I enjoy …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    When you starts speaking Simlish.

A family member had a baby girl a few days ago - we had all been anticipating - and wouldn't you know my first words was what a beautiful little Nooboo. Glad I was on messenger and not in person. LOL.

Knowing my family though they probably expected it from me. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    When you burn the rl dinner cos you were keeping an eye on your sims instead.

When you cant go to bed until your sims are all tucked up for the night.
    When you look at houses on a walk and go, "Yeah, I could totally build that. In The Sims."

This must apply to most simmers lol. I know I'm guilty.

I've said I want to build it. I'm very new to the world of building, I have YouTube to thank for the little skill I have.
    It's ok, building takes years of practice. I only can do it somewhat because I've been building since my cube homes in the first Sims. But to share a tip of HGTV inspiration and continue the thread

........when you watch Property Bros and want to recreate the build in the Sims.

I do that all the time. I have even sent for blueprints from some of the earlier HGTV shows back during Sims 3. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    When you tell your dogs they're sweet nooboos.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Woofum. I thought a dog was a woofum. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • MetalHeadSixMetalHeadSix Posts: 11 New Member
    > @katrinasforest said:
    > When you look at houses on a walk and go, "Yeah, I could totally build that. In The Sims."

I haven't been playing that long and I already do that.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    When you start imagining sim behaviour happening to real people.

For example, my Grandmother lives in a large 5 bedroom house and my Mum & I go there on xmas day, Mum does the cooking. If she were a sim, my Mum would take the turkey dinner grand meal out of the oven, and instead of putting it on the dining table, she'd take in out into the downstairs hall, up the stairs, across the upstairs hall, along a corridoor and through two spare bedrooms before placing it on the counter top in the bathroom in the granny flat, literally at the opposite end of the house.
    Everyone would then have to treck up to the bathroom, carve themselves some turkey, then begin the long walk back down to the dining room.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited October 2019
    Irl, measuring the new bathroom countertop in tiles instead of inches and feet... :#

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    At work there’s a term “cell alone status” or CAS so of course I think of create a sim cas
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    you look outside and it's dark and you don't know where the hell the last 12 hours go somedays i could get lost in sims
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    When you're watching a TV show and most of the characters are sporting Sim hair styles or wardrobe choices.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    When you're really annoyed cos you've looked everywhere for these sim sandals from cas and no shops have them.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    When you take pictures of buildings while you are on your holiday so you can build them back home in The sims.

Oh and when you actually bring your laptop to your holiday so you can build them right away😅
    When you take pictures of buildings while you are on your holiday so you can build them back home in The sims.

Oh and when you actually bring your laptop to your holiday so you can build them right away😅

I can relate to that. We took a short driving trip down to Arizona for a wedding. We left on the Thursday the anniversary patch was due to drop. I made sure that I downloaded it once we got to our hotel room. Could hardly wait to play around with the stair widget the next morning. So, yeah, I pack my Sims with me when I go places. ;)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    When you go to a restaurant, look around and go "well what have you, this layout totally solves the space issues I've had with that one build - is it inappropriate if I take a picture & take some measurements while waiting for my food?"

Or when you think of your life as just a series of tasks dropped from your queue because you're too "exhausted from doing chores" :sweat_smile:
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Or when you think of your life as just a series of tasks dropped from your queue because you're too "exhausted from doing chores" :sweat_smile:

LOL, love this.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    When you go to a restaurant, look around and go "well what have you, this layout totally solves the space issues I've had with that one build - is it inappropriate if I take a picture & take some measurements while waiting for my food?"

and also if you played the original sims you remember the "bella is too depressed to look for a job : ( " or whatever and it suddenly makes so much sense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    When you spot a pair of leggings that look like the Sims 4 leggings & say"I must buy that.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    ... when someone asks how big a room is and you can perfectly measure and answer in tiles/'squares'. Works great when the person you are talking to is also a Simmer!
  • gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    …hear “Bonito” or “Chocolate” or other iconic simlish songs from the radio playing in your head in perfect tune.

Me all the time.

It's so easy to do. They're so catchy. :D
  • thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    When you start googling baby names or surnames because you've used the same ones over and over.

When you ask your hubby if he's up for a little woohoo and he gives you a blank stare. It happened. Don't judge me.

I always google names because I like everyone to be unique lol
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    ... when someone asks how big a room is and you can perfectly measure and answer in tiles/'squares'. Works great when the person you are talking to is also a Simmer!
    LOL I think I asked SimGuruGraham about that once because I was designing my bedroom and bathroom with the Sims 4. Here is the answer to that, "Based on furniture size, one square (unit) in all The Sims games seems to be 3 feet (0.91 meters), or 9 square foot."

Source:
    https://www.teoalida.com/thesims/squares-to-square-meters-or-feet/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller