Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Pets look Glitchy in Your Manage Worlds too?

So far I've tried removing mods (I only had MCCC and a couple little ms sam ones), restarting the game, updating the game, repairing the game...
They still all look like this:
epi2qzX.jpg

Oh well, they are normal in game.

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    PS: This has been happening for about a week (real week, not Sim week hahaha)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bad cc? Thankfully my pets look completely normal.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    My pets look normal, to. The only patch missing is the latest - Oct 3?.

Looks like you must try to remove not only mods, but also cc objects (especially if scripted) can do strange things.

Test a totally cc free game, just to see if it helps. If it doesn't help, repairing your game in Origin might help.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    if you haven't already, delete your localthumbcache (it will regenerate when you load the game again).
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Bad cc probably, I had a bug where the faces of my pets became weird, it was caused by a less smiling mod which causes sims to have more normal expressions, it was affecting the pets as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Bad cc? Thankfully my pets look completely normal.
    My pets look normal, to. The only patch missing is the latest - Oct 3?.

Looks like you must try to remove not only mods, but also cc objects (especially if scripted) can do strange things.

Test a totally cc free game, just to see if it helps. If it doesn't help, repairing your game in Origin might help.
    logion wrote: »
    Bad cc probably, I had a bug where the faces of my pets became weird, it was caused by a less smiling mod which causes sims to have more normal expressions, it was affecting the pets as well.

I don't use CC at all, never have.
  • Options
    if you haven't already, delete your localthumbcache (it will regenerate when you load the game again).

I did do that when I removed mods (actually I do it before every game restart).
    As it seems to be suggested a lot, there is no CC in my game, I dno't like it and don't use it at all.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mine are normal.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    At this point I'm just gonna ignore it, haha. It's only in the manage worlds tab anyways and I feel like I've done everything at this point haha. As long as they are normal in game, I'm good.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Did you try changing your graphical settings?
  • Options
    Did you try changing your graphical settings?

Thanks. No i haven't. I have a new gaming computer so play an ultra and no issues until last week without changing anything but maybe? I don't think I'll switch to lower just for this though as they are fine in game haha
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    You also might have a video card issue. I have seen graphics issues like that when a video card is dying or overheating..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You also might have a video card issue. I have seen graphics issues like that when a video card is dying or overheating..

I can't see that I would. Computer is only 2 months and stays cool. (it's got a great cooling system and i have an extra cooling pad on top of that). I might try changing the graphic quality when I get home just to see if it's that but in the end it doesn't effect game play so I'll prob just put it back haha
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    In that case it probably isn't the video card then and probably just some bad mod or something. Maybe try a game repair then.

I have a brand new video card too, an ROG Asus 2060 and would be super upset if it developed an issue. I upgraded my system a month ago.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I can't see that I would. Computer is only 2 months and stays cool. (it's got a great cooling system and i have an extra cooling pad on top of that). I might try changing the graphic quality when I get home just to see if it's that but in the end it doesn't effect game play so I'll prob just put it back haha

I'm going to suggest you still check your video card. I actually got a lemon NVidia card once. Died after a month - and this was a brand new build.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'm going to suggest you still check your video card. I actually got a lemon NVidia card once. Died after a month - and this was a brand new build.

Yep - it has happened to the best of us for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah this is a brand new computer too. How do I check?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I had this happen last week after I deleted a lot of old CC. All I had to do was take the pet into CAS and the problem fixed itself. I haven't had it happen again. Even if your computer is new your graphics card might need to be updated. NVidia has had several updates this past month that followed the Windows updates by a couple of days for some odd reason.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I had this happen last week after I deleted a lot of old CC. All I had to do was take the pet into CAS and the problem fixed itself. I haven't had it happen again. Even if your computer is new your graphics card might need to be updated. NVidia has had several updates this past month that followed the Windows updates by a couple of days for some odd reason.

I do update it whenever there is one. I scan driver updates 2x a week and it shows up there. I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with the card. I'll try the cas thing. Thanks 😊 😁 😁
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I would probably take a laptop back to where I bought it and have them look at it. I only play on desktops and my hubby is a pc tech. I have plenty of still good old video cards I can test my desktop on but lap tops do not usually work like that. But repair places and place you buy your lap tops can test them for issues usually. You probably still have some warrantee if it is only 2 months old.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I would probably take a laptop back to where I bought it and have them look at it. I only play on desktops and my hubby is a pc tech. I have plenty of still good old video cards I can test my desktop on but lap tops do not usually work like that. But repair places and place you buy your lap tops can test them for issues usually. You probably still have some warrantee if it is only 2 months old.

It probably does.. But they said when I bought it they don't do any repairs or Replacements there and if anything was wrong they would have to send it away which would take six to eight weeks to get it back. I mean that'd be fine if I only used it for The Sims haha but it's my only computer and I need it all the time for paying bills, work, and homeschooling my daughter. So far the only issue is how pets look in manage worlds so I feel like I don't want to rush and go to those measures to fix it. I hope it's not something that's going to get worse though. I think I have some sort of warranty for a year on the computer so if I notice anything else gradually getting worse I'll take it in. Thanks for your help :-)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited October 2019
    Try generating a new Sims folder.

Close the game. Back up all your saves and screenshot folders and stuff (you can just copy the whole The Sims 4 folder out.) Then, boot up the game and it will create a new folder.

Play the game a bit (just with a random new save). Close the game and delete the save files in the newly generated folder.

Laatly, put back your saves, items in the tray folder and your screenshots and videos (if you have any). Open the game and load up your old save and see if the problem is there.

Note: This will cause all the items in build mode to be seen as "new" again and also I think achievements will be lost. Not 100% sure about the latter one that since achievements are save-related, but I thought I'd just warn you first, just in case.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Thanks :) I haven't had a chance to try fixing in CAS yet but if that doesn't work I'll try this :) I"m not worried about acheivemtents haha I don't even know wehre to view those after I get them anyways
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    their soul is leaving their body :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    That's how they're suppose to be?
    LR3g0ni.jpg