Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Play With Occult-Human Sim Couples In The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Always
    I love playing with different life states. My main household are actually a family of different supernatural sims all trying to be human. My main sim is a vampire, his partner is human but will hopefully be a werewolf soon, and I plan for their adopted daughter to be a ghost child and/or fairy/changeling or spellcaster.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Once every few weeks
    Very rarely I will pair one of my occults up with a human sim, but that sim doesn't stay human for very long unless I'm playing a vampire and he needs a blood bag as a side kick.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm not going to answer to "never" but ii am in a position where i can't play occults, either due to a lack of challenge for plantsims for example or i don't have an dlc that unlocks them, because right now i can't afford any pack at the prices they are going at.

it would be nice to play one every once in a while though.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Never
    I do plan on getting Realm of Magic eventually. I wouldn't mind being able to get up to a bit of mischief every now and then, but in no way would it be a part of my core game play.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Always
    I play normal sims with vampires couples, normal sim with spellcaster...now. Actually those are the only occults I care about. Ghosts aren't bad and neither are aliens but their voices are annoying. Plantsims, just no. But I play my occults all the time, and after playing them for about a week, I have a lot of occults, it seems a little weird just playing normal sims with their normal problems, lol. What a difference.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Always
    always play aliens
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Always
    I have some Alien/Human couples, and I play with mixed occult couples too.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Never
    Really, my answer would be "Never YET". I only have one kind of occult life-state in my game, and SO FAR all my Spellcasters are either with other Casters or still single. My households can be mixed, all casters, or none.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Once every few months
    Almost never. I WOULD if they ever fix the stupid AI so humans choose the human food and vampires choose the plasma salad when getting leftovers.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Once every few months
    My human sim doesn't stay human for very long. When she falls in love with a handsome Vamp she lets him turn her into one because she wants to spend eternally as his wife.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Always
    I need a sometimes option because I have human and mixed occult couples. My mixed occult couples too, like a vampire and mermaid and spellcaster and alien.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Never
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I'm not going to answer to "never" but ii am in a position where i can't play occults, either due to a lack of challenge for plantsims for example or i don't have an dlc that unlocks them, because right now i can't afford any pack at the prices they are going at.

it would be nice to play one every once in a while though.

You can have plsantsims in your game, they are temporary, still, if you download this tree and place it somewhere in your game, you can have the option.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/238CDC1B63F011E7848B8C22C78BD130?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Plantsim&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    not very often
    its fun to have my vampires snack on their baes but its also hard to keep up giving my sims different type of meals and be awake at different times etc soooo yeah i often end up just making both of them occults
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yes I have some human/occult pairings that I play in rotation, I have a vamp/human couple I made on purpose and two human/alien couples who met their partners randomly, I love the hybrid children from aliens!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2019
    Always
    My Sims (who are almost always vampires) can marry as many as 3 spouses once the previous died from the old age, usually for story purposes I will know who's my sims's true love and my sims will turn them to vampires, or in some cases the first spouse is already has the feeling of being true love for my vampire sim, so he turned them. so it will never be vampire-vampire in the beginning.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Always
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fly, bite, repeat.

Hahaha, this comment had me on tears, thanks so much! I love Vampires as well!
  • Options
    Always
    CK213 wrote: »
    Now that we have Realm of Magic.

Definitely a wholesome pack. If only it wasn't full of bugs... But it certainly promises replayability, I've got to admit that. ;)
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Once every few weeks
    I like playing with occults. I currently have two couples vampire-human and rotate between them and other families or I play other saves. Here are these vampires, sparing.

RtIDpD0.png
  • Options
    Always
    Wolfium wrote: »
    I like playing with occults. I currently have two couples vampire-human and rotate between them and other families or I play other saves. Here are these vampires, sparing.

RtIDpD0.png

I really love the momentum in your capture, such an amazing job! I guess Occults bring a little more variety to the table.
  • Options
    Always
    Scobre wrote: »
    I need a sometimes option because I have human and mixed occult couples. My mixed occult couples too, like a vampire and mermaid and spellcaster and alien.

Gosh, if only I had thought of adding that, you are right! Thanks for the comment anyway!
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Always
    It's like 99% of the time, I just think occults are fun to play with since they have different branching powers. Currently I'm playing the Goths as a Spellcaster-Human relationship where Mortimer is human and Bella is a spellcasters.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Vampires usually marry humans. You love someone enough to spend their lives with them, but to spend forever? Most vampires aren't into that. Plus, I feel like vampires need that little bit of humanity in their lives.

My witches usually believe in keeping their bloodlines strong and full of magic, so simming it up with a human almost never happens. Ditto with other occults. Although my main sim right now is half-witch, half-mermaid.

Mermaids in my game freely hook up with humans and mermaids. They're an endangered species, so the ideal is for them to hook up with other mermaids and guarantee more of their kind. But they're less of a stickler for these things as long as they have a lot of kids. They're also able to walk freely amongst humans and are respected in Sulani culture, so there's less of a divide between the two races.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Once every few months
    Not often. It depends on the storyline.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Once every few months
    Apologies in advance if this is a necropost.
    I barely ever play with human sims, but occasionally play occult-different occult couples. I only have one occult-human pairing. The guy didn't even know she was an alien until after they married :open_mouth:. I tend to turn any humans into their partner's occult if I pair them up, though.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Always
    Apologies in advance if this is a necropost.
    I barely ever play with human sims, but occasionally play occult-different occult couples. I only have one occult-human pairing. The guy didn't even know she was an alien until after they married :open_mouth:. I tend to turn any humans into their partner's occult if I pair them up, though.

Thank you for the response anyway! And, yes, haha, I hope it was a nice suprise! I do the same a lot, I love having more occults in my game.