Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you all think about a difficulty option for TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    You lost me when you said it was too difficult now! I don’t think their “needs”, need to be made any easier?! In fact the “needs” system was in fact cut down and streamlined for TS4 as it is, to “allow more focus on gameplay” rather than keeping your sim alive (except the gameplay lacks depth, story of TS4). There used to be like 8+ bars to manage, plus now it’s so easy to manipulate your sim into a positive mood, which can override their needs for a time anyway? Just play with cheats if that’s that hard for you? The mailbox will be your best friend ;) plus hello, it’s a game, it’s supossed to challenge your brain! Can we stop dumbing it down please?

Like mentioned above it’s wayy too hard to actually kill your sim nowadays, or “lose” to the game..
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2019
    ddd994 wrote: »
    You lost me when you said it was too difficult now! I don’t think their “needs”, need to be made any easier?! In fact the “needs” system was in fact cut down and streamlined for TS4 as it is, to “allow more focus on gameplay” rather than keeping your sim alive (except the gameplay lacks depth, story of TS4). There used to be like 8+ bars to manage, plus now it’s so easy to manipulate your sim into a positive mood, which can override their needs for a time anyway? Just play with cheats if that’s that hard for you? The mailbox will be your best friend ;) plus hello, it’s a game, it’s supossed to challenge your brain! Can we stop dumbing it down please?

Like mentioned above it’s wayy too hard to actually kill your sim nowadays, or “lose” to the game..

The mailbox already is my best friend lmao. also, yeah I understand it is easy to get your sim into a positive mood. just sometimes I feel like the energy bar goes down lightning fast and I'm not saying EA should make it easier or harder for everybody, the point of the post was to talk about an option where you could make needs go slower or faster. (Sorry that I worded this so awfully, I barely had any sleep and my brain is running on caffeine.)

also, "It's a game, it's supposed to challenge your brain!" since when was that the definition of games? sure, a lot of them are for that but aren't games just a way of having fun?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I want difficulty option, I find the game too easy. Like food item to cheap to make as well as bb object
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't need this myself but I'm fine with adding more randomness and gameplay into the game.

I do kind of like having the work arounds for certain sims, so that if I really want someone to be saved then I can. I'm not saying that I'll do that for all of the sims but there are some that I am keeping around more than others.

Just because an anecdote exists, doesn't mean that a player has to use it. For example, I actually liked that I could finish the StrangerVille situation and then return to my normal playstyle. Someone else can leave it as a disaster zone.

I, myself, don't want constant disaster play but I do welcome adding new concepts. Stuff like JA, actually. I agree with having more variety to do of different types.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I would much prefer if the game didn’t have a difficulty option.

If it were optional, what would your objection be?
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Sure why not.
  • Options
    I would much prefer if the game didn’t have a difficulty option.

Ummm...why not even the option? Since it's you know, optional @Hestia
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The game never needed it. It had its balance in The Sims 2. The Studio should learn from it. Rather, the game needs to be more difficult with more household members to control.

Difficulty options are for RPGs.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It doesn't really interest me as I don't play sims for difficulty.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    For me it's not about difficulty. I don't want this kind of game. I don't want the game telling me what to do. I want to create, play and tell stories without getting abducted or having Sims in the game all set as spell casters. I want to be able to turn off the occult. It should not take my Sim 3 hours to eat and 2 hours to shower.
  • Options
    The game never needed it. It had its balance in The Sims 2. The Studio should learn from it. Rather, the game needs to be more difficult with more household members to control.

Difficulty options are for RPGs.

Difficulty options are for all types of games, sometimes least of all RPG’s. Sports games especially.

Whether you think the game needs it or not, the balance you speak of is hard to achieve and a difficulty option would offer the best of both worlds for those who want a chill experience and those who want some challenge.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I don't think and believe it at all to be hard to achieve @So_Money . They had the balance during The Sims 2/3. This is a AAA game studio. They never needed it and I expect better.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I don't think and believe it at all to be hard to achieve @So_Money . They had the balance during The Sims 2/3. This is a AAA game studio. They never needed it and I expect better.

It is a AAA studio and we all expect better, but sooner or later you’ve got to concede that they just aren’t up to the task.

These are the same minds that brought us situation outfits. As a feature. I think expecting them to find a well-tuned balance that satisfies everyone might be giving them too much credit.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

It is a AAA studio and we all expect better, but sooner or later you’ve got to concede that they just aren’t up to the task.

These are the same minds that brought us situation outfits. As a feature. I think expecting them to find a well-tuned balance that satisfies everyone might be giving them too much credit.

People always find stuff to complain about. They made TS4 easier for example, to most people’s disdain (as now it’s simply too easy), and yet here we are. Discussing the need to make it even easier... you’re right, they’ll never please everyone ;)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

People always find stuff to complain about. They made TS4 easier for example, to most people’s disdain (as now it’s simply too easy), and yet here we are. Discussing the need to make it even easier... you’re right, they’ll never please everyone ;)

we're talking about need to make it harder not easier
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited September 2019

My expectations for a AAA studio will not change. Just like if I go visit a restaurant with “stars”. I expect them to serve “star quality”.

I don’t expect them to go any lower (even though they do, which I’m not happy about) and will always criticize EA if they deliver indie quality or lower, content depth.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes i would like that but we need a variety of slide options for many subjects. I mean, we are in 2019 and had 4 series of The sims with soooo many different players as the devs say themselves, these A or B options are just NOT enough. They promote all kinds of genders for us, but then they want us all to play on the same lot, have the same fishing spots over and over again, same apartments where generations through generations live their lifes in.. Come on priorities?

I want sliders for story progression, drama level, free will, population, romances/relationships, aging and difficulty level.
    It is about tiime for something like this! It would be game changing and solve so many problems at once!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes i would like that but we need a variety of slide options for many subjects. I mean, we are in 2019 and had 4 series of The sims with soooo many different players as the devs say themselves, these A or B options are just NOT enough. They promote all kinds of genders for us, but then they want us all to play on the same lot, have the same fishing spots over and over again, same apartments where generations through generations live their lifes in.. Come on priorities?

I want sliders for story progression, drama level, free will, population, romances/relationships, aging and difficulty level.
    It is about tiime for something like this! It would be game changing and solve so many problems at once!

yes I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited September 2019

My expectations for a AAA studio will not change. Just like if I go visit a restaurant with “stars”. I expect them to serve “star quality”.

I don’t expect them to go any lower (even though they do, which I’m not happy about) and will always criticize EA if they deliver indie quality or lower, content depth.

Just because it’s a big studio doesn’t mean anything. It’s not like all of EA is working on TS4. The TS4 team is a small fraction of the company as a whole - perhaps one the smallest in terms of development. The old guard are long gone, and new expectations need to be applied based on what we have observed over 5 years, not based on past glories.

And besides, when’s the last time EA made anything truly stellar?

The resources that were once available have probably been reallocated to meet the needs of a changing gaming landscape in recent years.
  • Options
    My expectations for a AAA game studio still stands. Low quality content is inexcusable. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin_McBrosnanKevin_McBrosnan Posts: 5 New Member
    Would be nice but i dont see them implementing it since its based on all different packs and that would change the whole game depending on the pack.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

That is an insult to indie games. I love Stardew Valley, an indie game made my one developer and look how much more content it has compared to the Sims 4 and it came out two years later. GRIS is really high quality graphics and storytelling too and Celeste won best indie game. All these games show girls as stronger characters than the Sims 4 has which shows just shallow girls who like to dress up like barbie dolls. I do hope the Paralives thing works out because at this point I think only thing to improve the Sims quality is for competition to enter the market.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller