Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long life span, slow progression, etc, but...

I try to set my game to get a slower pacing, increase life span, longest seasons and so on... but...

The game pushes things on me at the same rate regardless. Things break on a daily basis, people visit you multiple times a day, the phone rings endlessly, or get texts.

Could you please tune the activity that is going on or atleast add settings for these too so you can get a more relaxed gameplay day where you can focus more on, say, managing a family and so on? There are so many disruptions now it gets a bit overwhelming and tedious.

I guess the ultimate thing would just be settings you can set yourself, as you do with life spans and season length. You could set intensity of events too, visits, other sims need to bother you and also how often things break down. Skill progression speed, job progression, friendship gain and decay. Such things. I'd love to be able to slow everything down so I can focus on one Sim longer without having to restart to experience growth again.
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Give your lot the "private dwelling" trait. Then at least you won't have sims running down your door, one less thing to deal with.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    Give your lot the "private dwelling" trait. Then at least you won't have sims running down your door, one less thing to deal with.

Yeah I've recently started doing that on all lots and it sure helps.
    You're Breathtaking!

Yeah, constant phone calls are bad enough, at least my sim can get some writing done without me feeling horrible for ignoring people at the door. xD

Yeah, constant phone calls are bad enough, at least my sim can get some writing done without me feeling horrible for ignoring people at the door. xD

Though apartments... neighbours will still ring it despite having the private trait up so beware :P
    You're Breathtaking!

Though apartments... neighbours will still ring it despite having the private trait up so beware :P

True, I experienced that every time my sim cooked a meal or watched TV, they ignore that trait. :P
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You may need two mods:
    Long term relationship building
    Scumbumbo configurable breaking things
    Both are on MTS
    I can't link right now cause I'm from mobile
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I try to set my game to get a slower pacing, increase life span, longest seasons and so on... but...

The game pushes things on me at the same rate regardless. Things break on a daily basis, people visit you multiple times a day, the phone rings endlessly, or get texts.

Could you please tune the activity that is going on or atleast add settings for these too so you can get a more relaxed gameplay day where you can focus more on, say, managing a family and so on? There are so many disruptions now it gets a bit overwhelming and tedious.

I guess the ultimate thing would just be settings you can set yourself, as you do with life spans and season length. You could set intensity of events too, visits, other sims need to bother you and also how often things break down. Skill progression speed, job progression, friendship gain and decay. Such things. I'd love to be able to slow everything down so I can focus on one Sim longer without having to restart to experience growth again.

I often ignore the calls and people at the door or let them in but ignore them 😆
    SiliClone wrote: »
    You may need two mods:
    Long term relationship building
    Scumbumbo configurable breaking things
    Both are on MTS
    I can't link right now cause I'm from mobile

Awesome, thanks! I'll take a look at that!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can also slow down skill and career progression and even game time speed through MC Command Center. I believe that you can turn off some phone calls too...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    What I find particularly annoying is when a Sim gets a phone call when I'm right in the middle of selecting which advice the parent is going to give another Sim child on the lot. Or, my Sim is all set to do something in regards to his climb to fame and a friend of his calls asking him to go somewhere, or some other Sim in the household gets that message. Whichever way, it prevents me from sending the desired Sim to their destination.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    What I find particularly annoying is when a Sim gets a phone call when I'm right in the middle of selecting which advice the parent is going to give another Sim child on the lot.

I find those questions from kids and teens annoying. I actually wish we could turn them off. :D

• GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    If I want privacy, I put a fence around the lot, and then lock the gates. That keeps visitors at arm's length.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde