Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which architecture style would you like as an SP inspiration?

Which architecture style would you like as an SP inspiration? 77 votes

Medieval architecture
24%
elanorbretonMariefoxprice83HestiataydevLoriTSpSummerStreakHermitgirlLiELFRedShoe7LilMsMystic160Bhawkins0402AirakaleAtreya33smurfy77SERVERFRAJasonschick80Gordypetewentos_000key 19 votes
Renaissance architecture
3%
PlayerSinger2010papertongueAngeliqueAdelaide 3 votes
Tudor architecture
0%
Baroque architecture
2%
Lustianiciastephanie132392 2 votes
Georgian architecture
3%
vancanuckfan86Vidal98LordOfTendons 3 votes
Victorian architecture
18%
tams2578IcewolfjeepjeepcatStrangerthanAnmirlafatbat21annaliese39SiliCloneOldeseadoggepinneduphairEvie0602Dianesimssimms745QueenofMyshuno 14 votes
Art Deco architecture
23%
loubyloulouSimplyJenwamayeliLissyK9AlbaWaterhouseadduapinaKathykinsSo_MoneyEnkiSchmidtSimzilla_7poltergeistKaronMelmackJC1979Geralt_ofRiviaBecka28DaWaterRatBandak 18 votes
Postmodern architecture
2%
Lady_BalloraFitcheur 2 votes
High-tech architecture
7%
Kita5399AyradyssWritin_Regfiercephoenix91MagicalZiapopstarsley 6 votes
Sustainable architecture
12%
Bloosmooasimbsimsimgirl1010goodcakebaker62MVWdeZTkappowanCementsilentcyborgambaraSimmyFroggy 10 votes

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Medieval architecture
    I would absolutely love Renaissance and Baroque but I kind of feel like those eras have too much fine detail in the architecture for Sims 4. Most of the rest I feel can be done in game now in some way or another. But I'd love to have some good old Medieval build/buy items! Castles! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    High-tech architecture
    I would truly love any of them, but my personal style is very modern.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Medieval architecture
    A medieval touch... barons, raggedy clothes, posh prince/princesses, etc... Oh my... I can already see the stories I could create. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Medieval architecture
    Castle brick textures, wall crack textures, underground mazes, hidden doors and walkways, flags, paintings with gold trim, extravagant clothing, swords on walls, knights armor, dragon pets. These things would be awesome if they were a medieval stuff pack. I would actually think they would be better as a game pack with a new world.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    Art Deco architecture
    Of those choices, give me Art Deco or Victorian. Otherwise I’d like traditional Chinese architecture. That would open up some really interesting building possibilities.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Art Deco architecture
    Art Deco or Art Nouveau <3__<3
    origin ID: adduapina
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Sustainable architecture
    Wow. This was a really hard choice. It was a tie between high-tech, sustainable and medieval for me, but I went with sustainable for the green roof styles, and the full wall glass windows. That said, if there had have been options for Asian architecture styles, I would have chosen Japanese in a heartbeat :).
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'd like any and all of the selections given, especially Medieval through Art Deco. I'd also like traditional Asian architecture and styles.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2019
    Medieval architecture
    I want to vote for all of the historical options. In this case, I'll pick Medieval though because I have to pick something.

Medieval architecture
    Renaissance architecture
    Tudor architecture
    Baroque architecture
    Georgian architecture
    Victorian architecture
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Victorian architecture
    Enough with modern stuff, my most old style houses are filled with "Princess Cordelia"'s basegame stuff because there are no other options.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Medieval architecture
    I put medieval but I would really love a Skyrim pack
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    None of those. I'd rather see something more oriental style inspired by places like China.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Vaporwave 【Λesthetic】 B)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Victorian architecture
    Victorian! That was such a rich period with 5 major architectural styles, various blendings of them by creative builders, incredibly beautiful woodwork wherever you can put wood, stained glass, sprial and ohter forms of staircases, colorful walls inside and out, furniture/furnishings that is as much art as functional... what we have now, while nice, is but a pebble compared to Mt.Everest
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Baroque architecture
    We already have Tudor and Victorian styles from 'Get Together' and 'Strangerville', respectively. So, I honestly don't see the need for a stuff pack based on themes that have already been covered in a previous pack.

Honestly, Baroque would seem the most interesting out of these choices. I can just imagine the museum ideas I could come up with for my worlds! However, I would personally like to see The Sims finally introduce 'Dutch Colonial' styles into the game... especially quarter moon windows! :heart: If anyone's ever seen 'The Amityville Horror' (or any of its sequels, spin offs, or prequel), then they should know what I'm talking about. There are certain mods that have been created for this specific content, but I'd love to finally have official content made for it! The Amityville house (minus the demons, ghosts, etc... lol) is my dream home.

7e6gqej.jpg
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    idk rather than specific styles id like some everyday stuff like big modular sofas etc not too high tech and not too stylized just functional things

also would love some more vintage pieces that look like your standard "found this at triftstore" kind of stuff
    old radios, old tvs...

and some crafty decorations like macrame, cross-stitch, embroidery...
    rag rugs...

cozy things in general
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Art Deco architecture
    Vaporwave 【Λesthetic】 B)

omg @SimGuruGraham you're the very first simguru to interact to one of my threads, thank you so much <3

@Simmingal i would love vintage pieces we don't have... including telephones, even though i don't think they are "vintage", Sims 4 treats them as something antiquated. I mean, i get... smartphones and stuff, but many houses still use telephones, and what about me playing decades challenge? I have to have the option to use telephones and disable smartphones.

Also, i'm sorry guys, i know that my poll is very european/american-centric, but i'm not an architecture expert and i only know what i can find in the wikipedia, but i promise i'll make another poll with architectural styles form all over the world.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Medieval architecture
    We already have Tudor and Victorian styles from 'Get Together' and 'Strangerville', respectively. So, I honestly don't see the need for a stuff pack based on themes that have already been covered in a previous pack.

Honestly, Baroque would seem the most interesting out of these choices. I can just imagine the museum ideas I could come up with for my worlds! However, I would personally like to see The Sims finally introduce 'Dutch Colonial' styles into the game... especially quarter moon windows! :heart: If anyone's ever seen 'The Amityville Horror' (or any of its sequels, spin offs, or prequel), then they should know what I'm talking about. There are certain mods that have been created for this specific content, but I'd love to finally have official content made for it! The Amityville house (minus the demons, ghosts, etc... lol) is my dream home.

7e6gqej.jpg

You're singing my tune! I will back up this request for Amityville style, but please do throw in the terrifying ghosts, demons and monsters. And Fears! <3>:)
    #Team Occult
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Medieval architecture
    With so much modern stuff in the game, some historical content would be nice. And while we are at it, why not a no-electricity option to write books or a fireplace to cook at. Some gameplay to help immersion in a different time.
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Medieval architecture
    Victorian is my favorite architectural style but I feel like we've already seen it in other packs so I'd like to have a stuff pack based on medieval architecture instead.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The only architectural style I really love isn't in this list: Midcentury Modern.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Art Deco architecture
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    With so much modern stuff in the game, some historical content would be nice. And while we are at it, why not a no-electricity option to write books or a fireplace to cook at. Some gameplay to help immersion in a different time.

would be nice to have something like that, officialy:
    d2ffb12226cec25ea6c91e8ad46f5125.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Art Deco architecture
    Although any of them could be cool. As could architecture influences from outside Europe and the US. There's a whole world of design out there that could be very interesting.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Medieval architecture
    Atreya33 wrote: »

100% yes. I would love more activities and needs based objects that are not based upon modern technology.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Medieval architecture
    I'd like a whole bunch of these but I do want some castles so this would be my first pick. Then all the rest!
    egTcBMc.png