Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Samlish wrote: »
    How to I change pollination settings? Where do I go to change it in MC?

I've never seen options in MC-Occult to change especially pollination gender.
    But you might check yourself: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings
    Choose "MC Occult" in the "Search Module" field, than hit the "Search" button on the right without any other input.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Samlish wrote: »
    How to I change pollination settings? Where do I go to change it in MC?

MC Occult (from a computer) > Aliens > Abduction Pregnancy Settings > Pollinator Gender.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

First: A HUGE thank you for this thread, it has helped me tremendously. <3

Second: ...and please forgive me, i know these questions i am about to ask have most likely been asked and answered like..many times...but still, i have few questions i need to ask (just because i stopped playing my game for months and totally forgot MCCC and how to use it and what module does what etc :D ).

Oh yes! Almost forgot: I do not blame ANYONE about ANYTHING..everything that happened was my own fault. :D

ANYWAY!

1) Bunch of seniors seem to have escaped (it happened in the middle of the night, through the window) and now they are nowhere to be found. Help? Seriously speaking, i must have accidentally left some sort of module on and it "removed" every senior aged sim i had in my game into a "retirement home"? Where is this mysterious retirement home and can i lure my elderly to move back?

2) What are "motives"? I have an option to change the motive decay to 0..but i don't know if i should, since i don't know what those are.

3) What is the safest option for culling? I do not want to miss ANYONE, EVER!

Thank you! :)<3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    1) Have you looked in the "other households" tab? I've never seen that before (I've disabled that setting and I don't have that many elders in my game anyway), but that sounds like the most logical place.

2) They're needs. If you change motive decay to 0, your Sims will never get hungry, tired etc.

3) I don't know. Someone else might, though.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    edited July 2019
    MistyLake wrote: »

Second: ...and please forgive me, i know these questions i am about to ask have most likely been asked and answered like..many times...but still, i have few questions i need to ask (just because i stopped playing my game for months and totally forgot MCCC and how to use it and what module does what etc :D ).

Oh yes! Almost forgot: I do not blame ANYONE about ANYTHING..everything that happened was my own fault. :D

ANYWAY!

1) Bunch of seniors seem to have escaped (it happened in the middle of the night, through the window) and now they are nowhere to be found. Help? Seriously speaking, i must have accidentally left some sort of module on and it "removed" every senior aged sim i had in my game into a "retirement home"? Where is this mysterious retirement home and can i lure my elderly to move back?

2) What are "motives"? I have an option to change the motive decay to 0..but i don't know if i should, since i don't know what those are.

1) Hard to say what happended in detail. There is a retirement function which moves elders to an certain household. Check this setting:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Move Out Elders
    In non-active households, move-out elders if possible without leaving dependents alone in the house. We create a new household for the elders, a 'retirement' home, as it were. If it fills up before they pass on, others will be used for additional elders. Options include 'All' to move all elders to retirement homes, 'None' to move no elders and 'Non-Ancestral' to only move elders that are not in Ancestral Homes.

2) As @AyKooChao already said: Motives are the needs of a sim, like Hunger, Fun or Social. Set this setting to zero, to stop the moitve decay of every sim in your game:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Motive Decay > Sim Motive Decay Percent
    If you only want some certain sims to have no motive decay, you might flag those sims with the "Freeze Motives" flag.
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Command Center > Flag to Freeze Motives

3) Enable this setting:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling
    If enabled, the EA Culling process that deletes Sims will be deactivated. No culling will occur (although ghost cleaning can still happen if enabled in MC Cleaner). After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MistyLake wrote: »

ANYWAY!

1) Hard to say what happended in detail. There is a retirement function which moves elders to an certain household. Check this setting:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Move Out Elders
    In non-active households, move-out elders if possible without leaving dependents alone in the house. We create a new household for the elders, a 'retirement' home, as it were. If it fills up before they pass on, others will be used for additional elders. Options include 'All' to move all elders to retirement homes, 'None' to move no elders and 'Non-Ancestral' to only move elders that are not in Ancestral Homes.

2) As @AyKooChao already said: Motives are the needs of a sim, like Hunger, Fun or Social. Set this setting to zero, to stop the moitve decay of every sim in your game:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Motive Decay > Sim Motive Decay Percent
    If you only want some certain sims to have no motive decay, you might flag those sims with the "Freeze Motives" flag.
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Command Center > Flag to Freeze Motives

3) Enable this setting:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling
    If enabled, the EA Culling process that deletes Sims will be deactivated. No culling will occur (although ghost cleaning can still happen if enabled in MC Cleaner). After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Thank you very much for the reply. :)<3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • naziramanteinaziramantei Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! Sorry if this was answered before, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. This is the first time I use script mods so I'm a bit lost :lol:
    I downloaded the latest version of Mc Command (6.4.0), changed some options and everything was going fine but a pop-up in the game said there was a script error. This happened minutes after my sim took a pregnancy test and it was positive.
    Went to the menu without saving, tried again and the same pop-up appeared, again after the pregnancy test.
    This is what it says:

[Aug-01-2019 21:31:46]*** Started pregnancy for Snow White Charming with Prince Charming.
    [Aug-01-2019 21:34:11]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 897, in inject_select_traits_for_offspring
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_occult\mc_occult.py", line 399, in select_traits_for_offspring
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'species'

File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 869, in inject_create_baby_sim_info

I tried to enter Deaderpool's Discord but I couldn't, don't know how that works either (omg I feel so old hahah)

Thank you :)
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie and @AyKooChao . I found it and switched to male. I haven't tested it yet but will see soon how it works :smiley:
    Hi! Sorry if this was answered before, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. This is the first time I use script mods so I'm a bit lost :lol:
    I downloaded the latest version of Mc Command (6.4.0), changed some options and everything was going fine but a pop-up in the game said there was a script error. This happened minutes after my sim took a pregnancy test and it was positive.
    Went to the menu without saving, tried again and the same pop-up appeared, again after the pregnancy test.
    This is what it says:

[Aug-01-2019 21:31:46]*** Started pregnancy for Snow White Charming with Prince Charming.
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 897, in inject_select_traits_for_offspring
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_occult\mc_occult.py", line 399, in select_traits_for_offspring

File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 869, in inject_create_baby_sim_info

I tried to enter Deaderpool's Discord but I couldn't, don't know how that works either (omg I feel so old hahah)

Thank you :)

What other mods besides MCCC are you using? We've seen this error with custom traits - and also with pretty old ones. The error messages also quotes occults, so is that pregnancy a hybrid one (vampire, alien, human)?
    When you're saving a household to your library, does MCCC sometimes make the "save" screen say you used CC when you didn't? Or does using MCCC to kill a Sim count as CC? The household in question has two ghosts in it.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    edited August 2019
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    When you're saving a household to your library, does MCCC sometimes make the "save" screen say you used CC when you didn't? Or does using MCCC to kill a Sim count as CC? The household in question has two ghosts in it.

I would say no, but I really can't tell. Rosemow here n the forum says, the only way to be sure to not have the upload flagged as CC is to remove the mod folder before you start building. I always use CC so all my saves are flagged as CC; I don't care.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @AyKooChao does the household you are trying to upload contain a sim who you’ve used the fake ‘freeze physique’ on (with MCCC)? If you have, then the household will show up as having CC. This happens to me a lot. You just have to remove the flag before uploading or saving to your library.
    Well, I killed one of the Sims in a way I wouldn't have been able to without MCCC. That's probably it. ^^; I don't think I've ever used the "freeze physique" flag.

But does that mean I won't be able to use that household if I take off MCCC?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • naziramanteinaziramantei Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > naziramantei wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! Sorry if this was answered before, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. This is the first time I use script mods so I'm a bit lost :lol:
    > I downloaded the latest version of Mc Command (6.4.0), changed some options and everything was going fine but a pop-up in the game said there was a script error. This happened minutes after my sim took a pregnancy test and it was positive.
    > Went to the menu without saving, tried again and the same pop-up appeared, again after the pregnancy test.
    > This is what it says:
    >
    > [Aug-01-2019 21:31:46]*** Started pregnancy for Snow White Charming with Prince Charming.
    > [Aug-01-2019 21:34:11]Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 897, in inject_select_traits_for_offspring
    > File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_occult\mc_occult.py", line 399, in select_traits_for_offspring
    > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'species'
    >
    > [Aug-01-2019 21:34:11]Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_4_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 869, in inject_create_baby_sim_info
    > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'species'
    >
    > I tried to enter Deaderpool's Discord but I couldn't, don't know how that works either (omg I feel so old hahah)
    >
    > Thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What other mods besides MCCC are you using? We've seen this error with custom traits - and also with pretty old ones. The error messages also quotes occults, so is that pregnancy a hybrid one (vampire, alien, human)?

The pregnancy was a normal one, both sims are human and as far as I can see the twins are human too.
    I have only one mod besides MCCC, the More Columns in CAS v1.8. The rest is just CC clothes, hair, furniture, etc.
  • slytherin_goddessslytherin_goddess Posts: 69 Member
    Okay. I give up and I'm asking for help.

I just spent the last couple of hours looking for some sort of guide for the MC Command Center. I'm sorry, but those one-liners provided as a description don't touch on the repercussions of what can or can't happen if I enable something or not. It's stated too simply for the complexities of the game I want to play. I visited the website, hoping I could find a list of the commands broken down and elaborated upon, but there's only overview. And while the overview is great, it doesn't specify exactly which window one should be looking at.

I went from having a dead world, to one that is literally overflowing with people. It's slowing my game down dramatically. There's at least 8 people in every household (which is ridiculous to say because I have the household capped at 8 in the settings), every woman is running around pregnant (despite limiting pregnancies to only married people and setting the 'try for baby' to 30), my active sim can't get pregnant to save her life (despite having all of the buffs) and I'm bloody losing it.

I seriously have NO idea where I went wrong because I've looked through the settings numerous times and have tried my hardest to find the issue through trial and error, but it's hopeless. There has to be a setting or two that I've overlooked or something.

Please help!
    edited August 2019
    I visited the website, hoping I could find a list of the commands broken down and elaborated upon, but there's only overview...

Did you try the search function on https://deaderpool-mccc.com ("Search *New!!*" in a blue box; third item of the top menu bar)?
    You can find every MCCC option there, including UI path, description and where applicable the values, which are valid for that specific option.
    • Select "Settings Search" for all settings, you will find in the MCCC computer menu.
    • Select "Commands Search" for all commands, you will find in the MCCC sim menu.
    • To execute the search, hit the "Search" button on the right.
    • To refine your search, you can choose a specific MCCC module and you can also perform a free text search.
    • If you leave the input fields "Search Module", "Search Field", "Search String" blank, you get a listing of ALL available settings resp. commands.
    At the moment there are 326 settings and 413 commands listed and explained in this reference.

The MCCC mailbox cheat menu is an exception:
    Go to "Commands Search", select in the Search Module field "MC Cheats (Mailbox)" and leave "Search Field" and "Search String" blank.
    You will find an explanation for 57 additional commands (cheats) included in the MCCC mailbox menu.

It took a pretty long time to put these 796 line items together and I'm pretty sure that no other mod creator invested more time in documentation than we did (I'm the one who wrote the command part). If you're searching for a more detailed description, I'm sorry, there is none.

Regarding your issue with overpopulation:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage
    The 'try for baby' percentage used when testing for random NPC pregnancies. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random pregnancies for NPC's.
    Default setting is 20 for all ages.
    The default setting of 20 represents the EA value in a non-modded game.
    With 30 you've increased the birth rate above standard game level. Try 10.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    edited August 2019
    ATTENTION!

With the upcoming Moshino stuff pack next tuesday, AUG 13 2019, there probably will be a game patch before the pack release.
    Patch release confirmed by @SimGuruFrost for today, 10 am PST (1 pm EST; 6 pm GMT; 19:00 CET; 2 am JST/KST on 2019/08/09)

BE PREPARED!

Whether or not your mods will work will probably require patience and testing. You have two options to play the game, either revert to a vanilla game, or disable automatic patching.

What if I want to play the game without mods?
    Move your Mods folder to your Desktop and keep it there until your mods are either confirmed working or patched to work if needed.
    IMPORTANT: Create a new save. If you load an old save without the CC/mods that were in it, not only will your Sims look bald, naked and afraid without all their CC, but if you were to save over that, then your save would be irreparably damaged. Easiest to start fresh instead of ruining your save.

And what if I want to disable patching?
    If you would prefer to sit on the 1.53.115 patch until you get the all clear, go to the settings in the Origin app, disable Automatic Game Updates and Participate in Origin Client Betas, and switch Origin to Offline Mode. Watch the common sims 4 websites and your favorite modders' internet presence for status reports, updates, and other news as necessary. Once all of your mods are confirmed working and/or updated for the patch, bring Origin back online and update the game.

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Thank you for the heads up @Bonxie !
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,494 Member
    Wow, for a game said to be mods-friendly, they sure seem to be adding a lot of patches that can wreck the mods. Funny as it is, I have been contemplating restarting my Cantrell Save, anyway. But, I will need RTF for it, since Erik is my Global Superstar. Again, thanks for the heads-up. Someone else used that particular meme and I was of the opinion it merely meant our mods would be disabled, as in unticked in gameplay. :open_mouth: My bad.

@Bonxie, Kudos to you! You deserve many Accolades for all of your hard work and your devotion. Know that it's truly appreciated. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HentaiQueenHentaiQueen Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi :)
    I noticed a bug in my game when i changed day length and I dont know what to do about it...So the problem is that the weather stuck on a storm and it has been going on for two weeks or even more.I tried to change it with mc but that doesnt work,just like normal cheats under shift+ctrl+c.Is there any solution to this problem? :s :s
    What if I want to play the game without mods?
    Move your Mods folder to your Desktop and keep it there until your mods are either confirmed working or patched to work if needed.
    IMPORTANT: Create a new save. If you load an old save without the CC/mods that were in it, not only will your Sims look bald, naked and afraid without all their CC, but if you were to save over that, then your save would be irreparably damaged. Easiest to start fresh instead of ruining your save.

@Bonxie, is this true of any mod or just the MCCC mod? I'm thinking this is why my original Cantrell family save got borked. MCCC was properly updated after Cats & Dogs, but RTF wasn't. I made a very Rookie mistake in that I went ahead and played that save. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @
    @Bonxie, is this true of any mod or just the MCCC mod? I'm thinking this is why my original Cantrell family save got borked. MCCC was properly updated after Cats & Dogs, but RTF wasn't. I made a very Rookie mistake in that I went ahead and played that save. :open_mouth:

I'm afraid it's somehow true for every mod. The bald and naked refers of course to CAS CC items. As for script or tuning mods MCCC usually don't do any harm when removed because it deals in almost every case with original game features (example: cheating relationships or changing outfits). But if you use mods that add something (like custom traits or aspirations), there might be leftover fragments in the game structure after their removal which may cause trouble. That's why we always ask people to delete the localthumbchache.package after removing a mod.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    @

I'm afraid it's somehow true for every mod. The bald and naked refers of course to CAS CC items. As for script or tuning mods MCCC usually don't do any harm when removed because it deals in almost every case with original game features (example: cheating relationships or changing outfits). But if you use mods that add something (like custom traits or aspirations), there might be leftover fragments in the game structure after their removal which may cause trouble. That's why we always ask people to delete the localthumbchache.package after removing a mod.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Just learned we have a game update available TODAY. I really don't wish to restart my ancestral save, which relies heavily on MCCC. So, I could wait on playing that one, but my other one relies heavily on RTF. Not a good day for me, I'm afraid. I guess I could spend my time getting a new save ready. Or, I could make sure I have all the builds I want in one Tray and start deleting the rest. Currently have about 7-8 Trays saved. Oi! I'm tired, I'm lonely and now I feel like crying.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Elderly sims are pregnant when I don't have that enabled. How can I stop that from happening?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited August 2019
    Is it safe to use MCCC at the moment, or do I need to wait for an update/remove it?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top