Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ramblers - Gen 6 Updates 8/10

AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
Hi Y'all!

Instead of hiding in the Drifter Challenge Rules threads, I've decided to bring my Ramblers and their story out into the light. I started writing about them in October 2016 and am currently publishing Generation 5. So if you're looking for a new story to binge read, there's plenty here for you. :)

To get the full background on The Ramblers - go back even farther to The Drifters, which began in 2015. The Drifters started with a narrated house tour of the founder and some copies of posts on the forums. Eventually it developed into full blown stories when I started blogging in earnest during Generations 3 and 4. Then when The Drifter Challenge creator Vihisha revamped the entire 24 house challenge, I decided to abandon my original Drifters and restart from the beginning using Generation 6 to lay the groundwork for the new Rambler legacy.

When writing I play the challenge and simply take tons of screenshots, then I shift back through all those pics to piece together my Ramblers' personalities and their stories. Rarely is anything planned in advance, instead I rely on Sim logic and facial expressions for story progression - which can lead to some pretty silly situations.

Well enough of my ramblings, other than to say...

This blog is my first time to ever do any creative writing and I'm so glad I started it all those years ago. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did writing.

(P.S. This is my first time to start a forum thread - ever. Is it silly to admit I'm a little nervous to hit the 'post discussion' button?)
OriginID: txalikat2
Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
Post edited by AllieMac on

Comments

• AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2019
    UqXztCi.jpg?1

IT ALL BEGINS WITH THE DRIFTERS

Allera Drifter - The Founder
    Narrated House Tour Only
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Generation 2
    Blondie Drifter
    Highlights the milestones in Blondie's life - includes fashion shows starring her two daughters' unusual taste in clothing.
    Completed. 10 Chapters - copies of forum posts
    Chapter 1. Labor Pains
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Generation 3
    Chia Drifter

Chia compares dating to a huge fishing expedition, chooses names for her children to ensure they will never be teased, and becomes obsessed with Cowplants.
    Will she be able to reel in the prized catch commonly known as 'Mr. Hottie' or will he slip her hook? Will the family survive the cowplants?
    Includes Special Reports from Sims House 003 News.
    Completed. 26 Chapters - copies of forum posts
    Chapter 1. Introducing Chia Drifter
    Generation 4
    Demenia Drifter

Thanks to her mischievous ways antics with her SimRay, the mere mention of Dementia Drifter is enough to cause panic among her colleagues at FutureSims Lab.
    Completed. 14 Chapters
    Chapter 1. Introducing Dementia Drifter

_________

Generation 4
    Dementia Drifter 2nd Attempt

After surviving a lab accident, Dementia is plagued by moments of deja vu and is convinced that her coworkers are hiding vital information from her.
    She enlists the aid of aliens to solve the mystery. Meanwhile her brothers, Dr. Evil & Danger, torment the locals with their shenanigans.
    Will she ever discover what happened? Will she be able to keep her troublemaker brothers in check? And will she be reunited with her one true love?
    Completed. 44 Chapters
    Chapter 1. Dementia Takes a Mulligan
    Generation 5
    Eridan Drifter

Eridan's story is told through two different perspectives: his own down-to-earth, realistic point of view
    and that of his eternally optimistic, charmed, happy-go-lucky roommate Riley.
    Will the two ever see eye-to-eye and form a love connection or will they look elsewhere?
    Completed. 35 Chapters
    Chapter 1. Eridan and the Squatter
    Generation 6
    Fitch Drifter

Fitch, with the help of his eventual roommates, struggles with the responsibilities hoisted on him by his family's legacy and concern over his little sister, Folly.
    Will his attractive roommate ever consider him a romantic possibility or are they doomed to stay in the 'friend zone' forever?
    Will his little sister be haunted by their parents' death her whole life?
    Completed. 50 Chapters
    Chapter 1. Introducing Fitch Drifter

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    PROLOGUE
    LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE

OFZFBYH.jpg
    Abe Brown: “I think we did it! I think we finally found her!”
    Edgar Stick: “That’s great! Where?!?”
    Abe: “In Midnight Hollow.”
    QiZjxOS.jpg
    Edgar: “What’s she doing all the way out there?”
    Abe: “Who knows! Just get out there and bring her back.”
    Edgar: “What if she won’t come?”
    Abe: “Pray it doesn’t come to that. She’s the town’s last hope.”
    Edgar shouting: “Anita! Anita!”

Who are they searching for? Will Edgar have any luck? Will the town be saved?... Prologue
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    cIwLglQ.jpg?1
    As I complete each generation they will be added to this list & new chapters will be added as they are posted to the ongoing thread.
    Annie Rambler - The Founder
    Annie adjusts to her new life in Oasis Springs and finds a way to connect with the family she never knew,
    while the locals pin all their hopes on her ability to prevent their small town way of life
    from being swallowed up by the new metropolis that's being built in the region.
    (39 Chapters)
    Generation 2
    Bronte Rambler
    Will she sort out her tangled love life and find the man of her dreams while wrestling with her familial obligations?
    (32 Chapters)
    Chapter 1. Introducing Bronte Rambler
    Generation 3
    Cassia Rambler

While trying to raise her three children on her own and simultaneously help her Pen Pal, Dusk Mann, return to the present time,
    Cassia confides in her pet goldfish, Jack with some hilarious results.
    (51 Chapters)
    Chapter 1. Introducing Cassia
    Generation 4
    Dace Rambler

Dace uses his connections at FutureSims Lab to continue his mother's quest to help Pen Pal, Dusk Mann,
    while trying to provide his children with the love and support they fail to get from their mother.
    (37 Chapters)
    Chapter 1. Introducing Dace Rambler
    Generation 5
    Einstein Rambler

New Chapters Posted Daily
    Chapter 1. Introducing Einstein Rambler
    Generation 6: Coming Soon
    Currently being played and written

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Since the current generation is already 11 Chapters into the story, I thought I'd put a link for each behind spoiler tags. Future posts will only contain 1 chapter at a time. I hope y'all enjoy and definitely welcome any and all feedback. :smiley:

Meet the current heir in... Chapter 1. Introducing Einstein Rambler
    SsuFjBr.jpg?1
    Meet Einstein Rambler, the 5th heir in a long line of Ramblers. Like his ancestors before him, he will be responsible for carrying on the family legacy while partaking in the Oasis Springs & Willow Creek Revitalization Project, commonly referred to as The Drifter Challenge by the locals.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

(Gen 5) 2. Take The Plunge .com
    Late one evening while ALL rational, sane Sims are tucked safely in their beds dreaming sweet dreams of the innocent, a little known website acquires its first two (and only) clients within moments of each other.

Neither is thinking clearly.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Einstein begins his journey in... 3. The Future Awaits
    JEdntBt.jpg?1
    Fresh from his appointment with fashion consultant Nick Herz, Einstein sulks over the fact that his family forgot his birthday. Being a young adult isn’t nearly as glamorous as our young hero had anticipated. He had expected to feel older, wiser, and ready to take on the world. Instead he desperately needs a shower, a good meal, a little bit of fun, and a shoulder to cry on.

Einstein faces his future in... 4. Dashed Expectations

y3no6Sv.jpg?2
    When we last left our newest Rambler heir, he was trembling at the thought of meeting the girl that TakeThePlunge.com had chosen for him. Regrettably the family lawyer, Sue M. Awl, had been unable to dissolve the contract his mother Navya had signed on his behalf – forever linking him to this unknown female sim. Thankfully, they are under no obligation to marry, but due to the ironclad terms laid out by his ancestor, this woman will be living under his roof for the rest of their days. The thought of meeting her is terrifying.

Einstein's story continues in... 5. It's All So Exhausting

ivOXBuY.jpg?1
    Cora rises before the sun and attempts to catch some breakfast, while Einstein briefly considers starting a conversation with her, but...

An unexpected visitor brings change in... 6. In a Flash
    Q0FMFoE.jpg?1
    Einstein and Cora continue their relentless work, which is finally beginning to pay off.

Discover how Cora reacts to their new addition in... 7. Cora and Flash
    GvBnBtX.jpg?1
    Cora: “Umm…Einstein?”
    Einstein: “Yeah?”
    Cora: “What is this?”
    Einstein: “A puppy.”
    Cora: “I know that! What’s it doing here?”
    Einstein: “Running around…”

Cora rolls her eyes.

Will Flash have the power to unite Einstein & Cora? Find out in... 8. Getting Along
    5fiZ5r7.jpg?1
    In the blink of an eye it seems, little Flash grows up.

Einstein and Cora go out to eat in... 9. It's Safer to Stay Home
    wSiRHM1.jpg
    Upon arriving at Allera’s Trattoria, Einstein is dismayed to see his arch nemesis, Ethane, standing on the sidewalk.

Spend a night in with Einstein and Cora in... 10. Living the Good Life
    nO58wRE.jpg?1
    Einstein: “I realize I owe you a gourmet feast at a fancy restaurant, but in light of recent events I thought maybe you’d be willing to settle for an ordinary dinner in our own yard.”
    Cora laughing: “Considering what happened when we did go out to a fancy restaurant, I’d say you thought right, Mister.”

Einstein needs Cora's help in dealing with the past in...
    11. Strengthening Ties
    zalYHeV.jpg
    Einstein: “Cora?”
    Cora: “Yeah?”
    Einstein: “There’s something I wanna do tomorrow, but I don’t think I can do it on my own.” (hesitantly) “Is there any chance you’d be willing to go with me?”
    Cora: “What’d ya gotta do?”
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Good idea to start your own topic. :smiley: That way everything is all in one place. Makes it easier to find.
    @IllusoryThrall

I figured it would probably be easier instead of bouncing from page to page. Hopefully I can use this to also bounce ideas off of my readers (once I start to get some new ones). After taking such a long break it feels like I'm trying to bring back an out-dated show. But we'll see how it goes. I'm determined to get to House 007.

Here's the next chapter for Einstein...

(Gen 5) 12. Flash Knows Best
    hHFlKlc.jpg
    Einstein: “And just what have you gotten into? Huh, Girl?”

Flash happily wags her tail while Cora laughs.

Einstein patting his thigh: “Come on. Let’s clean you up.”

Einstein & Cora share their thoughts with the family dog in... 12 Flash Knows Best
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    (Gen 5) 13. Taking the Plunge
    dgHtRDl.jpg
    Einstein: “I heard you got another promotion at the Gallery today.”
    Cora: “Yeah! Can you believe it?”
    Einstein: “I’m surprised they didn’t give it to you sooner. You’re painting has really improved over the last few weeks.”
    Cora beaming: “You think so?”
    Einstein: “Definitely! Hey we should celebrate!”

Einstein takes Cora out to celebrate in... 13. Taking the Plunge
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Oops I forgot to link yesterday's chapter, so here are the next two.

(On a sidenote - I've been working on reorganizing my blog and giving it a fresh look. Even though it's turning my brain to mush, I'm excited to see if I can make it appear as I envision. There's still a long way to go, so wish me luck.)

5-14. No Time Like the Present

Despite their intentions to take things slowly
    0HWUKDs.jpg?1
    once our new lovebirds arrive home, after greeting Flash and sharing the good news of course,

14. No Time Like the Present

___________________________________________________________________________________

5.15 The Little Ones

vctNDm1.jpg
    Einstein ecstatically: “Can you believe we’re parents, Flash?!?”
    Cora emerging from the tent: “Einstein, sweetie?”
    Einstein: “Yeah?”
    Cora: “What happened to my clothes? All I could find was this hospital gown.”
    Einstein “Brilliant, right?”

15. The Little Ones
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

5-16. Doggone It

Unsurprisingly a toddler and a newborn can make it difficult for new parents to find quality time to spend together.

7Tht4KD.jpg?1
    So when Einstein and Cora realize that not only is the infant sleeping, but their son is happily occupied as well, they decide to slip off for a bit of fun of their own,

Cora has big news which causes Einstein to seek medical help in... 16. Doggone It
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Oops forgot to link 17, so here are the next two chapters

5-17. Home Sweet Home

8Iy7cuL.jpg?1
    Upon seeing her new home for the first time, Cora's concerns dramatically shift gears.  She had been up all night worried that it wouldn't be large enough for her family and now she's wondering how in the world they will ever fill it.

17. Home Sweet Home

5-18. New Home, New Life

While Einstein is truly grateful that they managed to finally have his Great-times-6 Grandfather Eridan’s house rebuilt, the call of the outdoors can’t be denied,
    jGt2rBp.jpg
    so he grabs his dinner plate and walks across the street to enjoy his meal in the refreshing night air.
    18. New Home, New Life

5-19. A Ghoulish Night
    yLBrY6q.jpg
    When we last left the Ramblers, the Grim Reaper himself had materialized in their living room with business unknown.
    19. A Ghoulish Night
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    5-20. The Ups and Downs of Motherhood

Despite how devastated they all are over the loss of their pet, time marches on for our little family.
    iCeCdLy.jpg
    the days after Flash’s departure, the youngest Rambler, Falcone*, grows into a toddler.

20. The Ups and Downs of Motherhood
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    I'm not feeling too great today, so today's post is a bit late.

5-21. Big Changes
    IfvEdyz.jpg
    Realizing that their heir is still mourning the loss of their precious dog...

21. Big Changes
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @IllusoryThrall Thanks. It's just an earache, sore throat, and jacked up tastes buds - nothing too major, but definitely not fun. :) Before I get zapped of any remaining energy, I thought I'd do some posting this morning. So here's our next chapter...

5-22. A Midnight Snack
    Late one evening while all the Ramblers are tucked safely in their beds,
    2gtZILd.jpg
    an unexpected visitor is lurking through their home.

Big trouble is brewing for the Ramblers... 22. A Midnight Snack
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @IllusoryThrall Thanks! I feel asleep around 5:30 last night, so feeling much better today. Hopefully I won't start dragging as the day goes on.

5-23. Pick Strawberry, Please!

C050kED.jpg
    Francesca: “Hey! Where did all this furniture come from?”
    Falcone: “Some trucks delivered it this morning.”
    Flint: “Cool!”
    Francesca: “What’s wrong with you?”
    Fancy: “I was hoping they’d have a pony on the trucks” (deep sigh) “but they didn’t.”
    Falcone: “Aww man! I want a pony.”

Flint rolls his eyes at his siblings before setting off to discover what else was delivered that morning.

23. Pick Strawberry, Please!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    5-24. An Explosive Time

Immediately after arriving home from school, Francesca drops her backpack at the front door and races into the kitchen
    tJDJoNP.jpg
    where she finds a glorious, scrumptious chocolate cake just waiting for her on the kitchen table! All of her dreams have come true. An actual birthday cake made just for her and she’s going to finally be a teenager! The little girl can barely contain her excitement.

24. An Explosive Time
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    5-25. Breaking News: A Dark Cloud
    Jan2SKX.jpg
    Cora: “Anything good on the TV?”
    Einstein surfing channels: “Not that I’ve found.”
    Cora: “Typical.”
    Einstein: “It’s all rubbish.”
    Cora: “Wait go back. There was something on the news about San Myshuno.”

What new trouble is lurking in San Myshuno? Find out in... 25. Breaking News: A Dark Cloud
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    I'm still feeling yucky, but thankfully this generation is all pre-written so here's the next chapter...

5-26. Blessed with a Heavy Heart

Einstein at times feels like the most fortunate of men.
    Pfklolz.jpg
    He dearly loves his children and is so proud of each of them in turn. Seeing them genuinely enjoy one another’s company, valuing each others opinions,

26. Blessed with a Heavy Heart
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

Little late today but here it is...

5-27. It's All Just Too Much

UdXNd9w.jpg
    Exhausted from his late night, stressed by recent events, and overwhelmed by anxiety for his son, Einstein feels a sharp pain radiating up his left arm into his chest.

It's a sad day for the Ramblers in... 27. It's All Just Too Much

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

5-28. Adjusting

Fj1UWxv.jpg
    Flint: “How are you doing, Mom?”
    Cora hastily wiping away her tears: “Fine.”
    Flint: “Liar.”

See how the family adapts in... 28. Adjusting
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

5-29. So Unfair

8OJ7LEc.jpg
    Flint checking his phone: “That cloud thing over Newcrest is getting bigger. They’re warning everyone to stay inside. Guess that means no school today.”
    Cora: “Nice try, mister. But you’re going to school.”
    Flint: “Hey! I’m not the one that issued the warning.” (thrusting the phone at his mother) “See. Warning – stay inside.”
    Cora: “Well until they send an alert saying school is cancelled, then I guess you’ll be ‘staying inside’ the school.”

Join Flint's final days under his parents' roof in... 29. So Unfair
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Yay! FINALLY finished gen 5! I'm so glad this one is done. It's haunted me since way back in 2017! But before I can put it completely behind me it's time for the final wrap up...

5-30. Final Family Stats: Einstein Rambler
    VbjI8TT.jpg?2
    Einstein: Deceased. Days lived – data lost. 86 days at start of Elder lifestage. Son of Dace and Navya Rambler. Husband of Cora Swan. Father of: Flint (the next heir), Francesca, Fancy, and Falcone. Hired into Painter Career at Level 2 Art Book Collator with $422 Bonus. Achieved Level 10 Master of the...

Take a look back at all that Einstein & his family achieved in... 30. Final Family Stats: Einstein Rambler

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    Before moving on to the next generation I decided to do things a little differently and wrote up a little note for y'all. I'm sure I'm not the first to have struggled like this and felt a strong need to put my thoughts to 'paper', suspecting that may others have felt this way from time to time. Having finally 'said' all of this, I'm now ready to shift my attention to Flint's story and will be finishing the new banners, etc. today. So look for the first chapter hopefully tomorrow.

In the meantime...

A Little Note to My Readers

Before publishing Generation 6’s story, I wanted to give a heartfelt thanks to my loyal readers! Thank you so much for the encouraging reception I received upon returning to The Ramblers after my extended break and for reading Einstein’s story!

I really struggled with it – Einstein’s story. There was very little inspiration while writing it, in fact sheer, stubborn determination is the only thing that got me through it. I simply never connected with this segment’s characters and dreaded

For the full entry... A Little Note to My Readers

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited July 2019
    @alliemac, I've found your thread <3 I've got my own thread for my drifter sims as well
    Congrats on completing house 5!!