Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »

Looks like a perfect mystery for a Time Lord to solve.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    nastyjman wrote: »

Looks like a perfect mystery for a Time Lord to solve.

Yep. Wonder what other gameplay they'll add. Also, I'm deciding whether to regenerate my Time Lord before the pack hits.

Also, looking forward to add Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh God... Another thing that got me excited is having this nerdy kid as a companion!

5Gs9z0n.png

EDIT: And there are comics to boot! https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/strangerville-comic/part-1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I just wanted to share a probable change to the rules. I'm currently testing it, hoping it will cure a nitpick I have with the challenge. You can test it as well to shake up your game. There are two versions:

---

TEMPERAMENTAL TARDIS (BETA, VERSION 1)
    The TARDIS has a mind of its own. Sometimes they're cooperating. Sometimes they're erratic. But that's part of the fun adventuring with your TARDIS.

You must roll two six-sided dice after you pay your weekly bills. If you cannot pay your bills, roll the two six-sided dice after something is repossessed. You can use a physical dice or online: https://www.random.org/dice/?num=2

After a roll, type in the following "money" cheat based on that number.

2: money 0
    3: money 100
    4: money 1,000
    5: money 5,000
    6: money 15,000
    7: money 25,000
    8: money 35,000
    9: money 50,000
    10: money 75,000
    11: money 100,000
    12: money 150,000

You are encouraged to buy a lot of objects when you get a lucky roll. Those objects could be used as insurance the next one be an unlucky roll.

---

TEMPERAMENTAL TARDIS (BETA, VERSION 2)
    The TARDIS has a mind of its own. Sometimes they're cooperating. Sometimes they're erratic. But that's part of the adventure with your TARDIS.

After paying your weekly bills, you must roll a six-sided dice. You can use a physical dice or online: https://www.google.com/search?q=dice+roller . If you cannot pay your bills, wait until something is repossessed and then roll the dice.

1: money 5,000
    2: money 10,000
    3: money 15,000
    4: money 20,000
    5: money 25,000
    6: money 30,000

After typing in the money cheat, immediately go to BUY/BUILD MODE. You cannot deposit this money in the vault (Get Famous object).

Try to spend all of those funds to purchase objects and/or remodel your TARDIS. Depending on how much you have spent, you will be rewarded or penalized.
    • Less than or equal to 500 simoleons left in bank: type in cheat money 500.
    • more than 500 simoleons left in bank: type in cheat money 10.

You cannot use any money cheats afterwards until the next Temperamental TARDIS.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
  • Options
    UGH! STUCK AT WORK. But I'm so hyped! Definitely going to regenerate Healer for this pack.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    After an accident in the studio, Fifth Healer regenerated to the Sixth Healer.

I664lls.png

xJvymn8.jpg

aPmPmLb.jpg

Reference (The Sixth Doctor):

6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Updated the beta rule on "Temperamental TARDIS." Instead of one dice, you'll roll two dice.

2: money 0
    3: money 100
    4: money 1,000
    5: money 5,000
    6: money 15,000
    7: money 25,000
    8: money 35,000
    9: money 50,000
    10: money 75,000
    11: money 100,000
    12: money 150,000

(Previous entry: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16973268/#Comment_16973268)
  • Options
    A new TARDIS Control Room with StrangerVille objects. You can find it in the gallery as "TARDIS Control Room"

I0x8u9Y.jpg
  • Options
    badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    @nastyjman I just found this challenge by accident but boy oh boy am I excited to start it! I hope you're still doing it, I see this thread hasn't been updated in awhile.

Question(s): elsewhere in the thread I saw mentions of using kaching after completing a whim and getting bonus points for certain things, but I didn't see either of those mentioned in the actual rules you had linked to. Care to elaborate, if it's not too much trouble? :)
  • Options
    Hi @badxwolfxrising , nice name! ;)

I've moved on from TS4, but may have to check the new expac.

With regards to kaching rule, it was an older and obsolete rule that I took out, which is the reason why you don't see it on the rules.

But you can implement it if you want. What I have posted are merely guidelines, and you can do whatever you want to roleplay as a Time Lord.
  • Options
    badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    Thank you for the quick response. :)

I'm only a few hours of gameplay into this challenge but I'm loving it already. I figured for a Time Lord it made sense to start with the Renaissance Sim aspiration, so I'm already getting into skills and hobbies I never did previously in the game. I made my Time Lord a loner, so he doesn't have a companion yet, I'm thinking maybe the second regeneration might decide life is easier with companions. ;)
  • Options
    I'll be checking if the rules needs to be updated with the free patch and upcoming rebranding.
  • Options
    😱 I iust realized that the Off The Grid lot trait can be used for time travel roleplay for past settings.
  • Options
    Minor addition: Selfie with or without your companion is now a Memento.
  • Options
    Patch is out! But I'm at work. :(

I'm excited for the Create a Story in CAS. Will be easier to make companions and scenarios for time travel. Also, the new debug objects cheat sound wonderful. Can't wait to see what amazing lots the community will make with these.
  • Options
    Currently fielding some data regarding money cheats. You can check the poll right here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/comment/17165117/pg1

I revisited my Time Lady, and I'm hitting another block. Right now, the "no money cheats allowed" is cramping my style, but if I allowed cheats, the challenge won't be really challenging.

I'm toying with this idea where the main emphasis is on "collections" and "mementos". Basically, your TARDIS will be some sort of mini-museum (well not really mini, right). I'll decide based on what the poll trends toward. But I'll be testing it first before I revise the rules for the nth time.

Alonsy!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MAJOR UPDATE JULY 2019

Hey Time Lords and Time Ladies, I updated the rules to keep things interesting. I've also de-emphasized the "rags to riches" aspect of the challenge, so I'm emphasizing more on the collections and mementos.

The largest update is Regeneration Aftermath, which will really simulate the after-effects of regeneration. With "Off The Grid" lot trait, the TARDIS can also suffer a catastrophic malfunction (only temporarily).
    • Added Regeneration Aftermath to each game plays.
    • Removed Regeneration Sickness from roleplaying guide since it's replaced by the above.
    • Allowed money cheats on each game plays.
    • Updated the Regeneration section by removing "cas.fulleditmode". You will now randomize their look by clicking their face and clicking the dice button on the right panel.
    • Removed Off-Site TARDIS since money cheats are now allowed.
    • Increased Collections goal from 6 to 8. This is because money cheats are now allowed.
  • Options
    Recently upgraded my computer, so I lost my Sixth Healer. Here's a redo of her (love the expression).

OibXWcd.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Little update:
    • Added note on saving your lot during Regeneration Aftermath
    • Added note on Aspiration & Reward Store Restrictions. You are not allowed to choose and complete the Beach Life aspiration.
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I was thinking about this challenge the other day and I think I might do it again! It's great to see you're still keeping it updated @nastyjman :)
    I had so much fun the first time I completed it and after all this time I still don't know much about Doctor Who :D
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    @Pebblycat It's an on and off thing, like a lover that will never be spouse material lol. The recent changes feels like I'm coming close to how I want this challenge to play. At this point, I have stopped "play testing" and started playing my Time Lord
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @nastyjman lol, you've been with this challenge for a long time now. I would say that like any long term relationship it's always a work in progress ;)

I think I might do your extreme start and also try out the "Temperamental TARDIS" rule. Time to go set myself up!
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    @Pebblycat Have fun and good luck! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Pebblycat If you're restarting, can you try this other version of "Temperamental TARDIS."

The one thing I noticed with the earlier version of this is that the cheat is trivial at times: it's a real challenge when you get unlucky, and it becomes a bore when you get lucky. Here's the 2nd version:

----

TEMPERAMENTAL TARDIS (BETA, VERSION 2)
    The TARDIS has a mind of its own. Sometimes they're cooperating. Sometimes they're erratic. But that's part of the adventure with your TARDIS.

After paying your weekly bills, you must roll a six-sided dice. You can use a physical dice or online: https://www.google.com/search?q=dice+roller . If you cannot pay your bills, wait until something is repossessed and then roll the dice.

1: money 5,000
    2: money 10,000
    3: money 15,000
    4: money 20,000
    5: money 25,000
    6: money 30,000

After typing in the money cheat, immediately go to BUY/BUILD MODE. You cannot deposit this money in the vault (Get Famous object).

Try to spend all of those funds to purchase objects and/or remodel your TARDIS. Depending on how much you have spent, you will be rewarded or penalized.
    • Less than or equal to 500 simoleons left in bank: type in cheat money 500.
    • more than 500 simoleons left in bank: type in cheat money 10.

You cannot use any money cheats afterwards until the next Temperamental TARDIS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top