Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat Vacation Question (URGENT)

Okay, so I was wondering, if I get the Outdoor Retreat game pack that allows vacations to Granite Falls, will my sims be able to vacation at,say, a family member's house in Willow Creek? Have any of you tried this, because I was counting on this, and I am now having second thoughts about that.
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nope sorry. You can only vacation in Granite Falls. You can't set vacation lots in other worlds. You can't I guess combine households and live like roomates (?). That's all I can think you mean by vacationing at a relatives house.
    The closest you can come to vacationing at a relatives is using the always welcome trait and just going over there, or adding parts of your sims family to theirs through managed worlds or cheats for some time and of course making sure to leave at least one placeholder sim for you home.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Not really, but the tents are useful for several reasons. The family members might put a tent e.g. in the garden, and your sim can visit the household and probably sleep in the tent.

At least tents can be used at community lots and are also useful for children afraid of sleeping in a bed. There are no monsters in tents. :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've found the tents in Granite Falls very useful with Island Living. My Sim is spending her weekend, before she goes back to work on Monday, on a beach to which I've added a bar, public toilets and shower and she hasn't had to go home yet. She just puts the tent in her inventory and puts it down wherever there's space. She's made loads of friends, had a "Brawl" day and made friends with a dolphin. All the packs are useful and add to the game in the end.
  • DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    Oh, ok. Thank you for telling me!!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    @DeDeplus3 Don't forget to put the tent back in your inventory before she goes home mind! It doesn't count as a Vacation, just going somewhere for the weekend or day off!