Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difference between good witches and evil witches from Realm of Magic GP

If we get witches, we can make our own witches who will be good or evil. Good witches uses pretty and great magic powers, and evil witches uses dangerous and creepy magic powers.

Comments

• Options
    Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    Personally, I'd preffer both, like The Sims had in Makin Magic, where you can use spells that could fit ether catagory. Can still do the whole good witch bad witch thing with the various personality traits, like a witch with evil as one of the choices. Probably a better way to go than limiting a sim to just a few spells, might get boring really fast.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited June 2019
    Vermatrix1 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd preffer both, like The Sims had in Makin Magic, where you can use spells that could fit ether catagory. Can still do the whole good witch bad witch thing with the various personality traits, like a witch with evil as one of the choices. Probably a better way to go than limiting a sim to just a few spells, might get boring really fast.
    I can do that too! One of my British alter egos, Maria is the good witch from Countryside, Windenburg, and Roman is the evil warlock from The Island, Windenburg. Both live in Windenburg which might look like United Kingdom, Europe to them.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    I don't want to see Witches locked into an alignment system again. Good or evil should be based on traits and how we play them. Spell used shouldn't change the Spellcaster and should be available to all.
    I could see them putting certain spells within a power/weakness tree like Vamps so we could further vary our Witches, but don't lock us into an alignment system.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    How about bringing back the frog spell so I can zap those annoying paparazzi
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I really hope you don’t need ingredients to cast spells, I’ve never really liked that
  • Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    We already have two Traits called Good and Evil. Spellcasting Sims of either of those Traits may have spells out of bounds to them, and maybe a special spell ability to make up for the limitation. Perhaps, those with traits like Dastardly can learn malicious spells faster. I also like the idea of Covens or Schools of Magic (Coven being a club if Get Together is installed and the less customizable Schools having a larger membership) who compete with eachother not necessarily good or evil.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    When it comes to Light and Dark Magic, I've come to the realization I don't want Light Magic meaning Good, Love and Healing, or Dark Magic meaning Evil, Hate, and Pain.

I don't really want an alignment system either only because I do Have Evil and Good characters, Who use both light and Dark magic. and I don't want utilizing Light and Dark magic to shift the scales every time the cast one spell or another, so annoying.

What I want Light Magic to be "Sun, light, Inspired" magic and Dark Magic to be "Shadows and Darkness inspired"

So if I had my sorcerer who is well versed in Light magic his spells would be:
    - Lux flare - Conjure a ball of Light, and heave/Launch it at target.
    - Smite - Launch surges of electricity from the palms of your hands.
    - Protective Rays - Build a protective barrier of Light to protect yourself, from harmful spells.
    - Diamond - send out a flash of light stunning everyone in view.
    - Nova - create a core of energy, Release bursts of radiation pushing back the darkness.
    - Restoration - Share your light with nearby allies, and replenish: Energy, Hunger and Hygiene.

And if I had my sorcerer who is also well versed in Dark magic his spells would be:
    - Dark Aura burst - conjure a ball of darkness and blasts that dark energy at desired target.
    - Petrify - Immobilize victim with only enough room to barely, think, breath, blink, and listen.
    - Cloak of Shadows - Shroud self the Darkness and to protect yourself from harmful spells.
    - Oblivion - Send out waves of darkness knocking out opponent.
    - Ominous Dark Clouds - Conjure a heavy thunderhead cloud to ravage the area plunging everything into Darkness, snuffing out the light.
    - Entropy - As your enemy's health crumbles into darkness, your Energy, Hunger and Hygiene is restored.

I just want the powers Light and Darkness to be balanced because I've noticed that light magic tends to be too gentle, and dark magic has more awesome and edgy. So I would like them to balance each other out if they were to clash.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif