Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think every new gp and ep will have swimmable bodies of water starting with the magic gp?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
I'm inclined to think so since their testing wading in bodies of water in older worlds then Sulani.

I hope every world from here on out has somewhere that is swimmable even if it's just a lake or swamp and there will be oceans in some upcoming worlds I'm sure of that.

Comments

• Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    no, because this is Sims 4. Every pack now a days seems half baked.
  • Options

Yes but they have the tech to add it to future worlds now as they've proven with Sulani and they've added wading to other worlds.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Yes but they have the tech to add it to future worlds now as they've proven with Sulani and they've added wading to other worlds.
    100% agreed!
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I hope they do at least or people will get very bored of mermaids fast. You can kinda only play them in Sulani. They’re kinda useless in every other world and I love mermaids so I hate saying that.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I think so to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Yes. I think if there are bodies of water in any new world, then there will be the ability to swim. I also think they will add full swimming to the already existing worlds, hopefully fairly soon.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I believe so since they’ve clearly spent time on the ocean in Sulani, but I would’nt expect it for some time. It would require a whole revamp of the existing worlds to turn the painted water effect into functional water that we could interact with.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    I hope they do at least or people will get very bored of mermaids fast. You can kinda only play them in Sulani. They’re kinda useless in every other world and I love mermaids so I hate saying that.

Well they can swim in pools and use the tubs but yes I hope we get swimmable bodies of water for mermaids and sims as well.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm inclined to say yes, largely because Sims can Wade into water in almost every world since the update, which wouldn't make sense to add unless they plan on making them swimmable.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,046 Member
    I really hope so because they hardly have excuse now not to
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Some, maybe. I can see them carrying the ocean swimming forward to the base game, but most water activities will still be exclusive to Island Living.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don’t think so. Expansion features don’t usually carry forward in other packs. I don’t think this one is an exemption.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It should, it wouldn't make sense for sulani to be the only place with swim-able water.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Indeed and the truth hurts :/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Unfortunately, no, I can't believe right now they are going to expand this feature to existing worlds or even other worlds going forward. Unlike other games that went back and made sure all worlds (TS2/TS3) would have such features patched into them if you owned a specific EP and carried it forward from then on, I don't see TS4 being able to do it. And if they did there would be some bug that prevented the player from utilizing it properply. That's sad to say, but we know that's probably the truth.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Didn't they said they'll be working on the existing and future worlds to make water swimmable?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Didn't they said they'll be working on the existing and future worlds to make water swimmable?

I don't know. That would be nice if they are. But I don't really see the next SP or the next GP being able to swim in any water in those packs. So, I assume not anytime 'soon'. Maybe next year or the year after.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I suspect that anything coming out in the next, say, 6 months won't, because it probably has to be baked in really early and would have been still under development. After that? For ones where it makes sense to have it for the world, I think it will be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think they will eventually open up waters in previous worlds but only in areas where it makes sense to have it. It sure would be a shame not to have certain areas open only allowing mermaids to swim in Sulani. They've proven they can do it and I don't see why they won't do it for future packs. But as @luthienrising has indicated I don't see it happening in the ROM GP. Maybe after or when they do the 64-bit drop.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,427 Member
    I'm quite sure that at least the Magic World will have a swimmable lake so that mermaids can be part of the supernatural family. If they don't use that chance for cross-pack gameplay there is nothing we can do.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Btw, I saw a post on reddit where a user discovered through Sims 4 Studio that the urn with the lifesaver is a base game object. Maybe the devs might not do something about it, but at the very least they're setting water lots up to not be exclusive to IL

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/c7jeio/the_life_preserver_urn_is_in_the_base_game/
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes if the packs is being developed after they figured out the tech for swimmable water
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes if the packs is being developed after they figured out the tech for swimmable water
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    edited July 2019
    If they come with a new world maybe.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Sorry, but are you really this desperate to play the game that you’re willing to accept anything? Even you, the most loyal of us, should be able to see the crap they are pulling?

—T