Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which theme would you rather have for Realm of Magic GP?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Good witch/bad witch (similiar to ts2)
    I only picked sims 2 because I never got a chance to play Makin' Magic (a bit too young) but I honestly don't care what we get. I'm just so happy we're finally getting magic! I'll work around the nomenclature when more information is released.

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Good witch/bad witch (similiar to ts2)
    I know nothing about making magic, so I went with good and bad magic. An evil witch burning houses down? I'm sold!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Fantasy (fairies,dragons...)
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Like I said magic is Subjective. It's not how JK Rowling or what those other sources say, and that's the message I took from Once Upon a Time.

That's why I'm saying they Should do different breeds of Spell Casters, so we can than customize how our Sims do magic.
    I'm not stuck Trying to Make a Witch who is doomed to be an eternal failed attempt mockery of a Sorcerer

Well, while I understand your hostility towards witches, I hope they still draw upon multiple sources and do NOT disregard the Sabrina, Charmed, etc. Those franchises have their fanbase as well, just like Once Upon a Time does. Witches are popular for many reasons, and those fans who love Sabrina, Charmed, Bewitched, etc, should be valued as well.

Maybe they can make magic open-ended, sort of like in Makin’ Magic, but still allow people to make all sorts of witches and magic-users.

Hopefully, magic is open and flexible enough so we both get what we want.

Maybe they can try to do something like Elder Scrolls rpgs (like Morrowind, Skyrim, etc), and do broad categories of magic, like Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Enchant, etc. And then you add ingredients for more effects or something.

I really doubt they are going to satisfy everyone, so I’m not getting that hyped up about this magic pack. Because, realistically, due to limited time and resources (like in any video game production), they will need to choose a route or two on how to go about magic and the magic themes, so... yeah, I’m not going to overhype this pack when we barely know anything about it beyond Witches and spells/Conjuring.

I’m going to just enjoy Island Living and various other packs from the past, while I wait and see about this mysterious magic pack.

I personally want to have something similar to Charmed /Sabrina witches, or something like fairies. Hopefully, they can something for you for you to make your sorcerer.

Thanks and Right, I'm not saying that they should disregard those aspects. They should keep in mind not everyone plays this life state and styles them in the same way.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Makin' Magic ( similiar to ts1)
    I would love Realm of Magic to be similar to Sims 1, and get another expansion that's dedicated to faeries and maybe has dragons and other creatures living inside a faery realm~
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I want witches, but i would love a new theme based on the elfic Dragon Valley from Sims 3, but better and more fleshed out. Maybe a mix between Dragon Valley and how they did Strangerville, with lots of secrets and mysteries.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2019
    Bring back the good witch/neutral witch/evil witch dynamic. It would also be cool to see a clash between the witches of old with their cauldrons, spell books and eye of newt, and the modern day, Sphone X having, Simstagram obsessed witch of today that keeps all their spells on a tablet. Ooh! What if we had a story like we did in Strangerville? Where you have to defeat some great entity? Or where you have to defeat the reigning supreme and become the new supreme?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other (comment)
    TS3 Supernatural sold me on The Sims.

I actually prefer my occult elements in a contemporary setting, not seen as things of some forgotten past. One of my favorite builds was a 20s-era fraternal lodge for Roaring Heights to serve as an Alchemy Consignment Shop within the theme of the town.

In our own world, one of the scientist/engineers who founded the Jet Propulsion Laboratory near Pasadena, CA, was also a practicing occultist. So was Sir Isaac Newton, although that is historically more remote.

I think it would be a hoot to play occult Sims in a midcentury-modern setting, reminiscent of the old Elizabeth Montgomery sitcom, "Bewitched".
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I want a closet like in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch '90s series that they can use to travel to the realm of magic.
  • Options
    PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    I'd like this or Magic Town
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Other (comment)
    I good witch bad witch. I just want witches, really fleshed out and amazing witches. Hopefully it’ll be an actual occult and not just a skill.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Makin' Magic ( similiar to ts1)
    I loved Makin Magic, amazing game! I also played with TS2 and TS3 witches, so my hopes are:
    1. New world (hence realm in name) that's exciting and mysterious, 6-9 lots.
    2. Medieval/Victorian/fairytale style. By that I mean, old towers with wizards living there, castle, dragons (ts1 styleish), with woods and secret old hut there with evil witch, and also a clearing of beautiful land and gorgeous small palace with good witches. And a swamp with frogs and frog prince.
    3. They need skill system like Vampires, except instead of strength/weakness, it could be tree style - elemental magic (choose which, or all, to follow like fire, water, etc), the alignment (good only spells, evil only, neutral), other quirky spells that make each witch unique (Harry Potter style, classic curses style, good magical style), etc. Spells should be fun, not just useful (like boring change emotions, make fat or skinny, etc kind of ones)
    4. Dragons, broom flying, magic tomes, spiral staircases, ouja board, runes/tarot cards, crystals, alchemy, spell ingredients, cauldrons, bookcases, etc. Just to name a few.
    5. CAS, we need apparel for all types of witches and warlock/wizards, robes for evil/good/neutral look, some Harry Potter stuff, some new age witch apparel, ragged/rich/mysterious look, etc.
    6. Curses/healing spells as well. Witches for many centuries were a feared mystery due to curses, so let's get those! Like cause random illness, turn to frog, give warts, shorten life span, haunt, etc. And healing good witches that dispel such curses and help those in need (bless with fertility, take away illness, increase life span, pass on witch magic, etc)
    7. Incorporate other expansions to help with spells. Like needing mermaid scales for potion of eternal youth, or to be a mermaid for a day, and like vampire blood to curse/dispel someone. And obviously cats to be familiars.

I made a thread on the Sims 4 Ideas corner with some more stuff, incase anyone wants a glance, but yeah that's my summary. I love witches, and magic, for as long as I've known myself, so I hope they wont be disappointing. I hope they're fleshed out like Vampires are, cuz that pack is the best in the series thus far for its thoroughness. Mermaids, also my fav, are honestly quite disappointing since theres no diving, eat in water, no sit with mermaid tail animation, no scaly skin, no underwater homes, etc.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Other (comment)
    I want stuff from all the past witches. But I want it to be a real occult
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Other (comment)
    I want some voodoo magic, since the original town is based near Louisiana. But honestly, I'm not that into supernatural play. -I'm glad for others who are though 🤗👍, they've waited long enough 😐.. The B&B items are what I'm looking forward to.
    Sharks need love too 🦈