Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Map

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
Same size as Brindleton Bay. 15 lots.

Most are larger lots it seems though.

@3:30 and again at @7:30

It's hard to see all of them, but they are there :) Not every lot has a marker on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4odjplS0w

Larger than Get Famous which I like, Brindleton Bay/Newcrest is as small as I'd want it to get though :/

I guess the City Living/Windenburg sized worlds are behind us now.

Comments

• EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Simsvip posted that it has 10-12 lots like WHAT?! plus, I only see like 9 lots. Plis only 3 neighborhoods.. again. So dissapointing.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I counted 5 in the left neighborhood, 3 in the upper neighborhood and 6 in the lower neighborhood. That's 14 that I could see, so, I'm hopeful.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Simsvip posted that it has 10-12 lots like WHAT?! plus, I only see like 9 lots. Plis only 3 neighborhoods.. again. So dissapointing.

I counted 15. 3 near the volcano, and 6 on either other bit. It could be 14 tho. There is one that I'm not sure of.
    Either way, it's still more than I feared we would get.
    I think there is definitely 14. Which makes it better than Del Sol Valley's 11 lots but not by much.

I'm glad the spaces are large. But I do think that anything smaller than Brindleton Bay is too small.
    Either way, it's still more than I feared we would get.

I'm happy with 14 as the spaces are open and the lots seem bigger than usual. If the lots were normal sized, I'd be angry. But for now, it meets expectations.

I would have liked it to have exceeded them though. I'm guessing having the Volcano actively going meant less lots on the Island area.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think there is definitely 14. Which makes it better than Del Sol Valley's 11 lots but not by much.

I'm glad the spaces are large. But I do think that anything smaller than Brindleton Bay is too small.

I'm telling myself that because it's an island, it is okay to be a little smaller than the big worlds we used to get. Do you think we got 14(+/-) lots because they are going to 64 bit? :D

I'm telling myself that because it's an island, it is okay to be a little smaller than the big worlds we used to get. Do you think we got 14(+/-) lots because they are going to 64 bit? :D

Nah. I think they are cutting back on the amount of lots so they can have more world styles. They said that too many lots in the game causes performance issues, so I think they're trying to make sure we get different types of worlds more often, then bigger worlds less frequent.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    It's definitely 14 lots from the footage! That's great actually, more than I expected.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    I notice some lots seem to include the water, that's nice.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Same size as Brindleton Bay. 15 lots.

Most are larger lots it seems though.

@3:30 and again at @7:30

It's hard to see all of them, but they are there :) Not every lot has a marker on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4odjplS0w

Larger than Get Famous which I like, Brindleton Bay/Newcrest is as small as I'd want it to get though :/

I guess the City Living/Windenburg sized worlds are behind us now.

Since this is an Island pack, I am glad they spend so much on the water rather than on the lots. If this was in a big city, or dessert I would be dissapointed but then again the water is fully featured in this world so I am fine
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    As large as BB is perfectly fine. Glad it's larger than Del Sol though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Where are you seeing 15 lots... I'm counting 5 in one area 5 in another and 3 in the last what am I missing?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Yeah I also see only 9.. plis lets just not forget that only 3 neighborhoods!! Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 .. it isnt that I'm ungrateful.. just very dissapointing
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I see at least 11. 3 near volcano, 5 in the cove like area where bar is, and 4 in the more open area. The fourth lot there can only be see later in the video it’s farther back. But it’s there.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing 15 lots... I'm counting 5 in one area 5 in another and 3 in the last what am I missing?

I think the neighbourhood in the bottom right has got 6. Therefore 14 in my opinion
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member

Keep in mind that those lots are surrounded by community areas. So if there are 3 hoods there are 3 such areas which probably contain good sites too. Maybe the beach(es) are on public community ground, and not on a specific lot. The volcano area might be visible and not being on a lot. Some party community ground or wild nature might be on a third public ground. So 10-12 lots might not be that bad.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    That's decent for an island.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I keep getting playback errors. Typical.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I just threw together a very crudely outlined look at the lots, for anyone who can't see where the 14 lots appear to be located:

Map with no markings:
    IXpMhv0.jpg

Map with neighborhoods/lots outlined:
    ttnphdE.jpg

Thank you!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2019
    Okay I now see 12-13. The bottom has 4 lots not 6 I think. There is a house/building there that in another screenshot I saw has no icon or outline it’s just dressing for the map. And in the bottom towards the road I don’t know if that’s a lot or not is super hard to tell it’s so dark. Could be but might not be.

I wanna say I think this generous for an island world. Look at how huge the map is!!!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Thanks! I think it looks great! :) Wondering if the volcano is located top right...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    What is this shipwreck lot? I had to stop there.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited June 2019
    Looks great to me! I was afraid that with mermaids, swimming, several careers, a volcano and other new gameplay features, the map itself would be neglected and only have five lots or so, and now we're getting three times as much. I'm satisfied!

People love comparing everything to Windenburg, forgetting that the pack Windenburg came with had pretty much nothing else going for it, except the clubs, which aren't even as elaborate as they should be. I'll always take a smaller map with more gameplay features over the opposite, and this one isn't even small, it's medium-sized, still bigger than Del Sol Valley, StrangerVille, Forgotten Hollow, Magnolia Promenade and both vacation worlds.