Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What questions do you have about Island Living?

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
What questions do you have about the new EP?

These are my questions:

1. How big is the world (How many lots)? Any 64x64 lots? Around 14 lots. No 64x64 lots, but there are 50x50 lots.
2. Is the ability to own multiple proprieties returning (e.g. have a regular house in another world and a vacation home in Sulani)? No.
3. Can sims swim in the ocean only in Sulani or in other worlds as well? Only in Sulani, but they are working on that for other worlds too.
4. Does the tanning system work only in Sulani or in other worlds as well? How does it interact with Seasons (I assume it wouldn't work in fall or winter in most worlds)? It works in other worlds too, but only if you have Island Living. Sims cannot sunbathe if it's cloudy.
5. Can sims build sandcastles in other worlds as well? Does it work like The Sims 3 where you can build sandcastles even if you paint the terrain with a sand texture? Only in Sulani.
6. Can floaters be used in a pool as well or just in the ocean? Yes.
7. Are diving boards, pool slides, pool bars or pool waterfalls returning? No.
8. Is the glass floor a new tool or floor texture or is it an object like the Get Together dance floors? It's a placeable object.
9. Are the ladders only for going in and out of the water or can they be used anywhere like in The Sims 3? Only for getting in and out of the water.
10. Is there a deserted island? Can sims be castaways? From the EA Play reviews, it doesn't seem like it. But there's an Off the Grid lot trait.
11. Are tanlines different depending on which clothes sims are wearing? Yes, it changes depending on what sims are wearing.
12. Is there indoor tanning as well (such as tanning beds or tanning booths)? No.
13. Will trash spawn on the island only if your sim is in the Conservationist career or will it always spawn? If it always spawns, is there a cheat to disable that? It spawns even if sims are not in the Conservationist career.
14. How is the weather in Sulani if Seasons is installed? I assume it's hot even in winter and it doesn't snow, but how often does it rain and how often do thunderstorms happen? It's tropical with hot summers and mild winters. Tropical storms can happen.
15. Are we getting coconuts and more seafood options in this pack? There are coconuts and new fish.
16. Are there hammocks? No.
Post edited by lexus20 on

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    All I want to know are what activities kids and toddlers have other than just making sand castles.
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    I want to know how big the world is, that's the most important aspect for me.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    I want to know how big the world is, that's the most important aspect for me.

Same, minus the second bit lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Can there be two Sims on the sailboat or the jet skis?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I just wanna know how many lots and if water is being opened up for all worlds now.
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    What can you use from this pack in other neighborhoods? It seems to me it’s just a world as an expansion pack and not really expanding the game as a whole. Is it possible to be mermaids in other neighborhoods?
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I wanna know how mermaids work.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Question 3 (using the features in other worlds) is really important ...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Could there be new and upcoming radio stations? If you answer yes, I'll be super happy, if you answer no, I'll be very dead as heck or I'm OK with it. My favorite music is from the late 1960s in Jamaica. And P.S. how many radio stations are there?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    auginstine wrote: »
    What can you use from this pack in other neighborhoods? It seems to me it’s just a world as an expansion pack and not really expanding the game as a whole. Is it possible to be mermaids in other neighborhoods?
    This pretty much sums up every Sims 4 expansion pack besides Seasons and Get Together club system even strays are only unique to the Cats and Dogs world. Sims 4 is a bunch of mini games labled expansions where new game play is locked to what ever world it comes with its sad.

My only real questions that have not been answered is the size of the world and how the suntanning feature work.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    Yeah, my main questions are about the mermaids. If I play with one, will it just be another being, or will I have powers to unlock (like vampires)? And how much does it need to be in the water?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Is there an underwater lot? Because I feel that with mermaids, this is almost a must.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Is this a vacation world like granite falls or can your sims live there? Ideally I’d want them to be able to vacation or live there, is this possible?
    New traits?
    New aspirations?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My main questions are your questions related to how IL features will work in the other worlds.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How many elemental spirits are there (i'm guessing four: earth, wind, fire, water) and what can they do.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    My main questions are your questions related to how IL features will work in the other worlds.

I wonder if it's going to be like strangerville and basically feel like a separate game. I'm kind of ok with that (with TS4 I feel like it would almost have to) but I don't know if I want tons of that in the future. I want worlds to feel immersive with each other.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    This isn't a pack question more like a foreigner question...? What is the difference of a part time job and an odd job? In rl? And how do you think it will apply in the game?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2019
    Is "Conservationist" a Career/Job? or another kind of activity? (The interview made it seem like the first but the pack description makes it feel like the second). Can Sims who live somewhere else go to Sulani to be a Conservationist?

Is that ladder part of the deck, like a pool ladder is part of a pool, or can we use it instead of stairs?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    1. How big small is the world (How many lots)? Any 64x64 lots? (exactly this!).
    2. Are they adding sharks... ruining what should be a relaxed vibe (or... fireballs that ruin your home, or kill you... tropes)
    3. What, exactly, is the ceremony thing (hopefully not sacrifice)
    4. Is this going to be another (TS3) island [computer] lag issue
    5. How many lots, and what sizes? (did I mention that already? :D )
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Do mermaids dry up like in Sims 3? What foods do they eat? What are the “mer-powers”?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    This isn't a pack question more like a foreigner question...? What is the difference of a part time job and an odd job? In rl? And how do you think it will apply in the game?

I think a part time job is still a larger commitment. You work just a few hours, but regularly.
    Odd jobs I would expect to be my sim asking an islander if he can help out with something, getting assigned a specific task and when he is done with it he collects his pay and that was it.
  • Options

I think a part time job is still a larger commitment. You work just a few hours, but regularly.
    Odd jobs I would expect to be my sim asking an islander if he can help out with something, getting assigned a specific task and when he is done with it he collects his pay and that was it.

OH OK I get it. This is so nice. Its very cool for a Sim that wants to enjoy life but I also hope that teens can apply.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I wanna know what the new recipes are for the new pack. Also I wish they’d compile a list of how each packs works with other ones such as the new club activities. I’d like to make a club of conservationists.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Will the island in Windenburg get actual beaches aswell
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    What from the pack will carry over to the other worlds?