Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ?

Comments

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I personally loved Isla Paradiso so I wouldn't mind if it had a similar style to this. Twikkii Island was also a lot of fun. I never played with Sunlit Tides (I think) so I can't comment on that.

If it comes with a residential world, I hope it is as big as Windenburg or San Myshuno. These worlds have about 25 or more lots and different districts/sections that all look different. Maybe a lively tourist district for partying, dining, shopping, and 5-star resorts, a more secluded district for residential homes, yachts, sail boats/house boats, and a more adventurous district for the nice beaches and mountains, jet skis, scuba diving, seashell collecting, tire swings, etc. They could meet the locals in those areas and learn their customs. If it is a tropical vacation world, lots might be limited but I hope it has a good amount of activities to do!

This!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I didn't get that far in the sims 3. What was it like? What kind of objects and functions did it have in it? What made it so great? The way it looked or the things you could do there?

It had nautical themed items,beach activities,resorts which you could also own,scuba diving,snorkeling,boats,windsurfing,houseboats and ocean travel. Also you could fish from boats or while scuba diving, IP also came with a lifeguard career and a scuba diving career.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2019
    Without an open world, you'll never have another world that looks as gorgeous, is as big, and has the freedom/functionality like Sunlit Tides.

With that said, I think whatever they make will look really nice, because it'll have pretty backdrops and set dressing. But, if you're a The Sims 3 player, having to travel to very specific lots in order to go swimming at beaches, which will incur a loading screen, is going to feel like a let down. I know when I play The Sims 2, it's not that great of an experience compared to TS3.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Yes, I will be disappointed if it's not a paradise like Sunlit Tides
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Without an open world, you'll never have another world that looks as gorgeous, is as big, and has the freedom/functionality like Sunlit Tides.

With that said, I think whatever they make will look really nice, because it'll have pretty backdrops and set dressing. But, if you're a The Sims 3 player, having to travel to very specific lots in order to go swimming at beaches, which will incur a loading screen, is going to feel like a let down. I know when I play The Sims 2, it's not that great of an experience compared to TS3.

I hope they will make the beaches just part of the open space, so that you can just go there and swim and do whatever instead of making it a seperate lot type you have to load into.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other choice...
    Im going to be annoyed if its a teeny little world with less than 10 lots. If that happens I dont wanna hear "bECauSE pErFOrMAncE iSSuEs!" as the reason why.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It doesn't matter
    The worlds in Sims4 have all had their own unique style, but lack more lots we can actually build on. I hope this changes beginning with this newest EP. I have no doubt the new world will be as pretty Willow Creek, my personal favorite, and I hope the scenery is just as pretty as what we had in Sunlit Tides. Since Sunlit Tides cannot be entirely recreated in Sims4, I imagine the tropical theme can be carried over to Sims4 quite nicely. They already created the jungle for Jungle Adventure, so it's a given we will probably see more of this in the tropical EP. But no matter how pretty this new world is, if it does not include vacation-y things to do, it will not be met with much enthusiasm. And no more new gyms, please. I think we have enough of those for now. If this EP is going to be successful, it will need to be as unique as its theme. And it has to come close to meeting our expectations. Since I have my expectations set on low because of past letdowns, I'm looking forward to maybe being surprised by this newest pack.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Other choice...
    Wish it is different from earlier beach worlds I was not really keen on those also do not mind if they make the world small as long as it has plenty beach, good lots (beach side pls) and they don't add ridiculous amount of house shells like they have liked doing until now with sims 4 worlds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited June 2019
    nvm nvm
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Other choice...
    Sims 4 needs to take past packs, and use what was good, fix what was bad, and break some ground going forward. If this pack is just a remake of a previous pack then that would be a disappointment.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    I loved Sunlit Tides but I'm more concerned about the size of the world honestly
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    No cause I do not care for Sims 3.
    I like Sims 4.

Same!!! @Simpkin :p but ive already expressed that before. Just felt like agreeing
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Other choice...
    I never got the Island Paradise expansion (didn't have money, and by the time I did Sims 4 had been announced), so I never got to enjoy any of the island worlds properly. So I have no expectations to be let down by, lol. For once missing out plays in my favor!
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Other choice...
    Simpkin wrote: »
    No cause I do not care for Sims 3.
    I like Sims 4.

Same!!! @Simpkin :p but ive already expressed that before. Just felt like agreeing

heh, I see you around here. I agree a lot too.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    While I like Sunlit Tides, I also enjoyed Isla Paradiso.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sulani is not Sunlit Tides but it's better than TS3 Isla Paradiso and TS2 Twikkii Island.

original.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I mean it's never going to be the same because TS4 doesn't have open world. You won't be able to see the world the same way only through the map and the backdrops.

But I hope it's something similar to Sunlit Tides, that world was gorgeous.

This!
    The whole sims 4 has a different core already and packs from previous games were way more expanded and capable of delivering many of our desires to the fullest. The only good thing about the Sims 4 compared to previous game for me is the ease of routing and picking up tasks. That killed all the good content in previous games for me. But The sims 4 will never live up to the possibilities of it's previous pack which still weighs more for me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No I love Sulani.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sulani is better in my opinion.
  • rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi,

Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ?

world_10.jpg

bv411.pngislapa11.jpg

I think It's actually very similar to sunlit tides actually, more than it is to Isla Paradiso, they're both Polynesian inspired and don't look dissimilar
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other choice...
    I like Sulani. It's very islandy.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    mika wrote: »
    Sulani is better in my opinion.

Lol at the title change. Wow. The shenanigans on this forum, never ends. Thats your opinion, not a fact @LeGardePourpre

But anyway, I agree with this comment. Sulani looks far more beautiful and engaging. Theres an active volcano . Where was that in Sunlit Tides? Actually Sunlit Tides is boring in comparison.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other choice...
    The Sims 3 was quite laggy when it came to anything Island alike. I never played inside Sunlit Tides, but from a graphic and style point of view I do prefer the Sims 4. It has a smoother art style with less lag. The water and colorful coral in Island Living along with the tropical fish + turtles adds more life to the game for me. Isla Paradiso was a lot more beautiful compared to Sunlit Tides, but it didn’t focus on sea life, coral, etc.

Even though Island Living might only have 15 lots, I’m happy to say we can at-least travel in-between the worlds we already have. I’m disappointed we won’t be able to swim openly in other water sources in different worlds though. In conclusion, I’m everything for the Sims 4.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I've yet to play Sunlit Tides or Sulani but they both look beautiful to me.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Actually I think the new world looks better than Sunlight Tides and I really like Sunlight Tides - if you want the truth. It looks amazing.

I am sure I will probably be yelling for more space in the new world though- but for now I really look forward to playing in this new world and enjoying the visuals and making new Sims friends with my Sims for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Other choice...
    I never played TS3 🤷‍♀️