Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP7 listing (TS4: Island Living) & description, releasing on June 21!

1234568...Next

Comments

• Darius_3Darius_3 Posts: 4 New Member
    I also doubt it will be a vacation world. That makes sense for a GP but I wouldn't expect it from an EP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Glad you guys got a leak you can possibly believe. But the EP name seems to suggest there is something special about living on an island. Wonder what that would be?

How is is going to be any different than living in any other world in TS4?

That seems to be the point of the name (if that is even the real name of it).

If that isn't the real name then no point in me speculating what that means, lol.

Hey, Maxis, how is it different? or better? or more exciting? Volcano? Bad tropical storms? Why is it named that and what does it mean to gameplay to call it Island Living? What happens there that can't happen anywhere else?

Do any of you agree with me by calling it Island Living (if that's the real name) it suggests it's different type of living than anywhere else?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Glad you guys got a leak you can possibly believe. But the EP name seems to suggest there is something special about living on an island. Wonder what that would be?

If that isn't the real name then no point in me speculating what that means, lol.

Hey, Maxis, how is it different? or better? or more exciting? Volcano? Bad tropical storms? Why is it named that and what does it mean to gameplay to call it Island Living? What happens there that can't happen anywhere else?

Do any of you agree with me by calling it Island Living (if that's the real name) it suggests it's different type of living than anywhere else?

I’d hope we get Ocean Swimming.
    I hope we get some cliff lots.
    And the weather is different. More heatwaves. More needs for Aircon.
    I also hope we have a ton of water activities.

That’s probably my most major concerns interms of living on the island.

My concerns are hotels,ocean swimming and beach activities. If we dont get either of those I'm going to be disappointed.

Without hotels it won't seem like a vacation.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Cinebar wrote: »

I’d hope we get Ocean Swimming.
    I hope we get some cliff lots.
    And the weather is different. More heatwaves. More needs for Aircon.
    I also hope we have a ton of water activities.

That’s probably my most major concerns interms of living on the island.

My concerns are hotels,ocean swimming and beach activities. If we dont get either of those I'm going to be disappointed.

Without hotels it won't seem like a vacation.

I agree with you. These are the main features of o tropical pack. Let's hope we get these and more.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    If we get hotels i do want to be able to run them and built our own not like those apartments from cl where we couldn’t build them. With that being said i’m really excited if this is the next ep wich it seems likely it is my most wanted features are
    Hotels you can run and place in other worlds
    Tanning
    Lifeguard career
    Oceaan swimming
    Reggea music
    Building sandcastles
    Learning toddlers how to swim

Excited to see the trailer tomorrow
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    If they don't add mermaids I'll be upset. I remember someone asking them about mermaids because mermaids came in 2nd in the poll. It was something along the line of "mermaids means tropical pack!" And one of the guru's replied something like "Well we wouldn't add them in a desert pack."
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Living on an island of any kind is much different than living on the mainland. Boats, bridges, ferries, and planes are used to get off- island in order to buy supplies, visit hospitals, etc. There are literally thousands of smaller islands all over the world where residents don't own vehicles because their boats are their only transportation option. There is no need to own a car because the island is small enough where one can walk from one end to the other in one or two hours. In some places there are no roads at all, just well-worn paths that everyone uses. I've been to a couple islands like this, and it's as if time just stops. It's called 'Island Time'. And if you've ever been to Hawaii, you've probably heard that phrase used a lot by the locals.

I hope the expansion team took some of this into consideration while this EP was in development. Island living isn't always about hotels, restaurants and all the other tourist-y stuff you see in travel brochures. It truly is a different lifestyle when you take a closer look. Some islanders live off the grid, without running water and electricity. They catch fish, cultivate gardens and gather fruit and nuts in order to put food on the table. On the larger islands where there is a larger population, you will find grocery stores, a few vehicles, and more of what one would see on the mainland. Personally, I'd like to see the island world in this EP explore both lifestyles. One side of the world being less tourist-y with residential lots, and the other side of the world filled with everything that appeals to tourists looking to have a good time. So the name 'Island Living' might have a bit more meaning than we know right now, because it isn't Saturday yet and EA is keeping everything a secret until the EA Play Live Streams.

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Not including swimming in the ocean in this expansion would be as bad as when they left toddlers out of the base game. And I don't believe EA wants another battle with outraged fans on their hands. Yes, ocean swimming probably won't be included in the other worlds. But as long as we get water activities such as swimming, boating and scuba diving in this expansion I'll be happy. The good news is, we have about thirty hours to go before we see what this expansion is about. Not everything, of course, but I'm sure they will reveal what they consider to be the most important things we are waiting to know about. So far, a swimmable ocean holds the title of being at the top of that list. I have about twenty things I'd like to see in this EP. I'm very interested in seeing the new CAS and B/B items. A new career that plays into the ocean aspect. Hotels and resorts, new locals. Ocean views with gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, collectible shells. New recipes to learn. And lounge chairs. I was very disappointed those were left out of the base game, by the way. A couple new traits would be nice, too. Seeing as how each EP has had a lot of new content and gameplay in the past, I cannot imagine EA or the teams want to disappoint us now. Our patience is at an all-time low. It would be a very bad time to tick us off. And we're tired of excuses. If swimming in a tropical lagoon is not included in this EP, I will not buy it. Period.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, Seasons and GF (especially the former) were considered to be high quality EPs, and the terrain tools update showed us that they're capable of adding complex features to the game. It would be a shame if the next EP were a massive disappointment
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, Seasons and GF (especially the former) were considered to be high quality EPs, and the terrain tools update showed us that they're capable of adding complex features to the game. It would be a shame if the next EP were a massive disappointment

I am hoping for a pond tool in the next patch. I guess if they implement swimming in bodies of water (even if it won'T apply to old worlds) this is a real possibility. Plus when they released the terrain tool they said they'd look into the pond tool for the future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    I used to use the pond tool in every lot back in TS3.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2019
    Deleted
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Living on an island of any kind is much different than living on the mainland. Boats, bridges, ferries, and planes are used to get off- island in order to buy supplies, visit hospitals, etc. There are literally thousands of smaller islands all over the world where residents don't own vehicles because their boats are their only transportation option. There is no need to own a car because the island is small enough where one can walk from one end to the other in one or two hours. In some places there are no roads at all, just well-worn paths that everyone uses. I've been to a couple islands like this, and it's as if time just stops. It's called 'Island Time'. And if you've ever been to Hawaii, you've probably heard that phrase used a lot by the locals.

I hope the expansion team took some of this into consideration while this EP was in development. Island living isn't always about hotels, restaurants and all the other tourist-y stuff you see in travel brochures. It truly is a different lifestyle when you take a closer look. Some islanders live off the grid, without running water and electricity. They catch fish, cultivate gardens and gather fruit and nuts in order to put food on the table. On the larger islands where there is a larger population, you will find grocery stores, a few vehicles, and more of what one would see on the mainland. Personally, I'd like to see the island world in this EP explore both lifestyles. One side of the world being less tourist-y with residential lots, and the other side of the world filled with everything that appeals to tourists looking to have a good time. So the name 'Island Living' might have a bit more meaning than we know right now, because it isn't Saturday yet and EA is keeping everything a secret until the EA Play Live Streams.

Just imagine if they introduced open neighborhoods to give that feel!

Please do NOT put this idea into people's heads again. We have already been told (more than once) that it isn't gonna happen.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »

Please do NOT put this idea into people's heads again. We have already been told (more than once) that it isn't gonna happen.

But if the pack is about Island Living, what will drive people to think that living there is different than in the mainland/regular worlds? I only said that because that would make it different than the other worlds. Sorry.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I am hoping for a pond tool in the next patch. I guess if they implement swimming in bodies of water (even if it won'T apply to old worlds) this is a real possibility. Plus when they released the terrain tool they said they'd look into the pond tool for the future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    I used to use the pond tool in every lot back in TS3.

YES. I miss having ponds. Those pond-like pools aren't the same
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »

But if the pack is about Island Living, what will drive people to think that living there is different than in the mainland/regular worlds? I only said that because that would make it different than the other worlds. Sorry.

If you were answering my questions of why it's called Island Living and what's different about that, you made some good points, so thanks. I'm still wondering though since we don't have cars anyway, or actual grocery stores or anything like that, what would make it special enough to say Sims create their own paradise? Maybe there are hobbies other than gardening or things they can create, and they just teleport everywhere so I'm not really seeing a big difference until they tell us something about why it's called that, if it is the name. CL sort of made sense, right? Festivals, apartments (urban areas) etc. Not so keen on what Island Living means. But thanks for the attempt to see what might be different from other worlds.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • QuartetNightQuartetNight Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope it's a big world with a lot of lots
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don’t care about the name of the title, so long as what’s in the pack is actually good. The title doesn’t do anything for the gameplay whatsoever. :D
  • hof1971hof1971 Posts: 27 Member
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2019
    Tbh I really wanted Sims 4 to have fresh gameplay. I love simming and very much enjoy Sims 4, but.. This is all the same content as Sims 3. I would love something different. In the polls I voted for Superheroes and Villians Lol I simply would love to try something we have not experienced before.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Tbh I really wanted Sims 4 to have fresh gameplay. I love simming and very much enjoy Sims 4, but.. This is all the same content as Sims 3. I would love something different. In the polls I voted for Superheroes and Villians Lol I simply would love to try something we have not experienced before.

Strangerville was the last pack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don’t care about the name of the title, so long as what’s in the pack is actually good. The title doesn’t do anything for the gameplay whatsoever. :D

It explains it if they pick a good title. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Strangerville was the last pack.

Yes. Strangerville was great! It was new and exciting. I would love to see more content like this \(^‿^)/ *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*
    rnKEhBT.png