Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My sim had already maxed parenting skill and has just maxed charisma. Now when she tries to cheer up a sad child or teen when a loved one dies, their 2 day sadness bug disappears! Soothing a toddler works too but takes a few goes. :):)

Wow I didn't know we could do that! Good to know.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have apparently found the trick to having triplets. This was my first set in gen 2 but I was able to have three sets in gen one. I guess if you move out enough kids to make room for the while mom is in her second or thrid trimester it tricks the game and I have had four sets of them this way now. Please note that this is without the fertility reward but I am playing the the ley line lot trait.

The ley line lot trait starts working the second there is open spots in the household, so if you have mom pregnant with only one spot open, and then while she's pregnant move out one or two older children (other sims), and now there is 3 spots open, ley line will kick in and you can have twins or triplets right away.

I have MCCC and use it to keep an eye on my sims pregnancies, so I can prepare for names and such (as I name alphabetically or by themes). I only had one open spot in the house (had 7 sims) and she was pregnant with one boy. I moved out 3 children that aged to YA and now she is pregnant with twins. It's just the way ley line works.

I'm not sure if EA fixed it, but ley line used to only work when you gave birth on the home lot. So, you can pause and save the game while mom was in labor, and then go to the hospital and mom would only have one baby, exit without saving, reload while she is in labor and stay home with the ley line lot trait and she'd have twins or triplets.

Again, I haven't checked that in a while, so not sure if it's still that way or not. But I know not a lot of people were happy with that, so they may have changed it (I haven't heard any ruckus about it lately, so leads me to think it's been changed).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have apparently found the trick to having triplets. This was my first set in gen 2 but I was able to have three sets in gen one. I guess if you move out enough kids to make room for the while mom is in her second or thrid trimester it tricks the game and I have had four sets of them this way now. Please note that this is without the fertility reward but I am playing the the ley line lot trait.

The ley line lot trait starts working the second there is open spots in the household, so if you have mom pregnant with only one spot open, and then while she's pregnant move out one or two older children (other sims), and now there is 3 spots open, ley line will kick in and you can have twins or triplets right away.

I have MCCC and use it to keep an eye on my sims pregnancies, so I can prepare for names and such (as I name alphabetically or by themes). I only had one open spot in the house (had 7 sims) and she was pregnant with one boy. I moved out 3 children that aged to YA and now she is pregnant with twins. It's just the way ley line works.

I'm not sure if EA fixed it, but ley line used to only work when you gave birth on the home lot. So, you can pause and save the game while mom was in labor, and then go to the hospital and mom would only have one baby, exit without saving, reload while she is in labor and stay home with the ley line lot trait and she'd have twins or triplets.

Again, I haven't checked that in a while, so not sure if it's still that way or not. But I know not a lot of people were happy with that, so they may have changed it (I haven't heard any ruckus about it lately, so leads me to think it's been changed).

I've never had triplets with the ley-line yet, but we've had 12 sets of twins and only five individual babies and we have them all at the hospital so I would say it works at the hospital too now. ( are individual babies for only when we didn't have room for more than one haha other than that we get twins every time whether we have room for two or more)
  • Options

I've never had triplets with the ley-line yet, but we've had 12 sets of twins and only five individual babies and we have them all at the hospital so I would say it works at the hospital too now. ( are individual babies for only when we didn't have room for more than one haha other than that we get twins every time whether we have room for two or more)

I've had a lot of triplets, more twins though. I don't think I've had a singleton while on ley line (when we've had room for two or more). Ever. I only ever have singleton's, too, when I have only one spot open.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

I've had a lot of triplets, more twins though. I don't think I've had a singleton while on ley line (when we've had room for two or more). Ever. I only ever have singleton's, too, when I have only one spot open.

My last four sets at wins in a row I had room for triplets so I was hopeful haha but no such luck LOL oh well. Twins are probably easier anyways haha
  • Options
    edited June 2019

My last four sets at wins in a row I had room for triplets so I was hopeful haha but no such luck LOL oh well. Twins are probably easier anyways haha

Well, my 1st matriarch has had 36 kids, and only 3 sets of triplets, 11 sets of twins, and 5 singletons. But I'm not sure how much of that is slot restraints. Cause I try to move my kids out in groups, and I'll let them stick in the house, as long as there is at least one slot open, until another is ready to move out with them.

The first time I was doing the 100 baby in Sims 3 years ago, I tried aging twins and triplets up together, but I quickly abandoned that, as it really slowed down the challenge. Like, Elvis (in my current 100 baby save) had a twin Fayth. I'm not sure why Elvis struggled so much, maybe I just wasn't paying him as much attention as I needed too, but Fayth left him behind as a child, as a teen and as a YA. He's still a teen right now and Fayth moved out with the older twins, as she aged up the same time as them.

Heck, maybe Fayth was just advanced. I can't recall her traits, I just random those and don't even pay much attention.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

Well, my 1st matriarch has had 36 kids, and only 3 sets of triplets, 11 sets of twins, and 5 singletons. But I'm not sure how much of that is slot restraints. Cause I try to move my kids out in groups, and I'll let them stick in the house, as long as there is at least one slot open, until another is ready to move out with them.

The first time I was doing the 100 baby in Sims 3 years ago, I tried aging twins and triplets up together, but I quickly abandoned that, as it really slowed down the challenge. Like, Elvis (in my current 100 baby save) had a twin Fayth. I'm not sure why Elvis struggled so much, maybe I just wasn't paying him as much attention as I needed too, but Fayth left him behind as a child, as a teen and as a YA. He's still a teen right now and Fayth moved out with the older twins, as she aged up the same time as them.

Heck, maybe Fayth was just advanced. I can't recall her traits, I just random those and don't even pay much attention.

I always age up twins together (and would with triplets). I find the challenge moves too fast anyways and I like to have longer with my kids haha. I don't always move them out together though. Sometimes when I age up twins to young adults I keep one in the house and move the other out. I never move out ALL my teens and young adults because I'm worried that if my matriarch suddenly died all the kids would get taken away by cps and it'd be game over. So young adults move out when the next child becomes a teen. (As you can tell, I'm not much of a gambler haha) If there are other teens they can move out right away.

At first I didn't worry about it, but 30 kids in is too late to restart for me haha! I want to finish this one. The ONLY time I move out every young adult when I don't have any other teens is if 1) My kids are about to age into a teen within the next few Sim day (I take a chance) and B) My matriarch is in labour. Both must be true together, not just 1 or the other.

If I have more than one young adult in the house (Like twins just aged into young adult together which is usually the case with all my twins), I pick which one stays home based on who gets the best traits haha. I let the other one leave.
  • Options
    Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    Maia84 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, you can find episode 9 of my challenge here! In this episode the kids had their first day of school (they were not happy about it lol) and I used some tips from other simmers (communication with bears, thinking with asking what's that?, and watching each other potty) for the first time to try and get the vampire triplets ready to become children :)

Have you considered slowly using your funds for a basement? The house I started with was actually smaller than yours and on a tiny lot so I had trouble expanding, but I wanted to stay there until she earned enough to move into another larger house I found and fixed for the challenge. So when I started running out of space, I started building a basement for the older kids bedroom, extra bathroom, and skill items.

I also noticed that you were having trouble with your matriarch being tense and needing fun so she wasn’t able to make money. Have you considered buying the cheap portable stereo? Both painting and writing don’t build fun, but if you click listen to music and then have her write/paint while listening, she should build fun while earning money and you can have the toddlers watch her while she works to build thinking. The stereo will also help build the toddlers movement skill. Mom can also read to several toddlers at once with toddler books from the bookshelf to increase imagination.
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Options
    Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
    Ashley745 wrote: »
    Have you considered slowly using your funds for a basement? The house I started with was actually smaller than yours and on a tiny lot so I had trouble expanding, but I wanted to stay there until she earned enough to move into another larger house I found and fixed for the challenge. So when I started running out of space, I started building a basement for the older kids bedroom, extra bathroom, and skill items.

I also noticed that you were having trouble with your matriarch being tense and needing fun so she wasn’t able to make money. Have you considered buying the cheap portable stereo? Both painting and writing don’t build fun, but if you click listen to music and then have her write/paint while listening, she should build fun while earning money and you can have the toddlers watch her while she works to build thinking. The stereo will also help build the toddlers movement skill. Mom can also read to several toddlers at once with toddler books from the bookshelf to increase imagination.

These are fantastic tips, thank you! I was planning to move into a bigger house in episode 11 (already filmed episode 10 [will be posted soon] and I now have 7 children so I am COMPLETELY out of space lol) but if I can't find one I like in my budget I will add a basement!

The radio is also a fantastic idea. I hadn't thought about how I could just have the toddles in there dancing while she works. This will be another game changer for me! :)
  • Options
    Maia84 wrote: »
    Ashley745 wrote: »

These are fantastic tips, thank you! I was planning to move into a bigger house in episode 11 (already filmed episode 10 [will be posted soon] and I now have 7 children so I am COMPLETELY out of space lol) but if I can't find one I like in my budget I will add a basement!

The radio is also a fantastic idea. I hadn't thought about how I could just have the toddles in there dancing while she works. This will be another game changer for me! :)

We use a stereo quite a bit too, but you just have to be really careful to not listen to pop or alternative while you're matriarch is pregnant. Sometimes my older Sims with turn it on by themselves to any channel, so now I switched to buying them all earbuds every time they age up into child age. They can listen to them while they do any other tasks and it keeps their fun quite High and then you can give each of them their own private Channel haha.
  • Options
    We use a stereo quite a bit too, but you just have to be really careful to not listen to pop or alternative while you're matriarch is pregnant. Sometimes my older Sims with turn it on by themselves to any channel, so now I switched to buying them all earbuds every time they age up into child age. They can listen to them while they do any other tasks and it keeps their fun quite High and then you can give each of them their own private Channel haha.

Do the earbuds come with one of the expansions? I've never been able to find them, so I was thinking maybe they're part of an expansion I don't have.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    @Maia84 Earbuds came with the fitness stuff pack.
  • Options
    @Maia84 Earbuds came with the fitness stuff pack.

Ahh that's why. Thanks!
  • Options

I always age up twins together (and would with triplets). I find the challenge moves too fast anyways and I like to have longer with my kids haha. I don't always move them out together though. Sometimes when I age up twins to young adults I keep one in the house and move the other out. I never move out ALL my teens and young adults because I'm worried that if my matriarch suddenly died all the kids would get taken away by cps and it'd be game over. So young adults move out when the next child becomes a teen. (As you can tell, I'm not much of a gambler haha) If there are other teens they can move out right away.

At first I didn't worry about it, but 30 kids in is too late to restart for me haha! I want to finish this one. The ONLY time I move out every young adult when I don't have any other teens is if 1) My kids are about to age into a teen within the next few Sim day (I take a chance) and B) My matriarch is in labour. Both must be true together, not just 1 or the other.

If I have more than one young adult in the house (Like twins just aged into young adult together which is usually the case with all my twins), I pick which one stays home based on who gets the best traits haha. I let the other one leave.

Teens aren't suppose to move out at all to be counted toward the 100 babies, even once the next matriarch is decided (by way of elderhood for the last matriarch) the kids in the house are still suppose to be raised to YA and then moved out. Kids are suppose to stay in the house until the age to YA to be counted toward the 100 babies.

But, I do keep a YA in the house if I don't have at least one child as a teen. Thankfully, mine seems to be a pretty steady cycle, so I almost always have at least one teen in the house.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Teens aren't suppose to move out at all to be counted toward the 100 babies, even once the next matriarch is decided (by way of elderhood for the last matriarch) the kids in the house are still suppose to be raised to YA and then moved out. Kids are suppose to stay in the house until the age to YA to be counted toward the 100 babies.

But, I do keep a YA in the house if I don't have at least one child as a teen. Thankfully, mine seems to be a pretty steady cycle, so I almost always have at least one teen in the house.

Im not moving out teens. Just young adults. I'm just meaning that i won't let a young adult move out if no one else is at least a teenager
  • Options
    And yeah when my last matriarch died my heir was still a child. It was before I knew that skill level helped with grades so I played every night for 10 days real life days before my kid was old enough to take over and her older siblings could move out lol. It was a weird LONG break from babies and toddlers... Hahaha
  • Options

Im not moving out teens. Just young adults. I'm just meaning that i won't let a young adult move out if no one else is at least a teenager

Ah, I was probably reading that wrong, then. I thought you were saying you didn't move all your teens and YA's out unless you had a teen to keep in the house. I still haven't had enough coffee, yet, today. :D I do that, too. I will move all YA out, without a teen in the house, if I know I'll get a teen soon-ish and I really need the room. But that's not too often that that happens.

And yeah when my last matriarch died my heir was still a child. It was before I knew that skill level helped with grades so I played every night for 10 days real life days before my kid was old enough to take over and her older siblings could move out lol. It was a weird LONG break from babies and toddlers... Hahaha

Yep, sadly that is how it often goes cause they have to have babies right up to elderhood and fate thinks it's funny to give us a girl right at the end, to keep us on our toes. :D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

Ah, I was probably reading that wrong, then. I thought you were saying you didn't move all your teens and YA's out unless you had a teen to keep in the house. I still haven't had enough coffee, yet, today. :D I do that, too. I will move all YA out, without a teen in the house, if I know I'll get a teen soon-ish and I really need the room. But that's not too often that that happens.

Yep, sadly that is how it often goes cause they have to have babies right up to elderhood and fate thinks it's funny to give us a girl right at the end, to keep us on our toes. :D:D

My first gen only managed 12 kids before reaching elder and she died when the heir was a kid so I used her still at home older sister to raise her. And since she couldn't have kids obviously for a long time because she was too young, I left the other six siblings between them at home once we were young adults to help earn some money. When she was able to have babies I moved them all out except her twin sister who stuck around to help her until we had teens again haha
  • Options
    Episode 10 of my challenge is posted! Thanks for all the tips I've gotten on here - I will start using them in the next episode.

I'm also looking for a new house for my matriarch as ours is a little small. Ideally, I'm looking for a 3 bed, 2 bath and my budget is $23 399 for an unfurnished house or $32 052 for a furnished house. Does anyone know of any nice ones in the gallery that might work that I can check out? If not I will search on the gallery, but I'm curious if you guys know of any hidden gems!

• Options
    I'm thinking of getting my matriarch a job as freelancer once she gets the last of this writing aspiration done (just for something to do), the freelancer career is allowed, correct?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    I'm thinking of getting my matriarch a job as freelancer once she gets the last of this writing aspiration done (just for something to do), the freelancer career is allowed, correct?

Yep it is :)
  • Options

Yep it is :)

Thanks! I thought I recalled reading that from the creator, but wanted to make sure. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    @Maia84 I can highly recommend gallery id schnuck01. They have some great starter builds. Sangria Starter 3bed 2bath under 18k furnished.
  • Options
    easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @Maia84 I created a 4bdrm 2bth starter home for this challenge. You can find it under ezepze1. It is called the Beer Budget Starter. Really enjoying watching your challenge!
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Maia84 If you don’t mind doing a little bit of work, there is something called a “shell challenge” I found on the gallery when looking for my new house where basically it is just the main exterior walls. I wanted something that I’d be able to customize to fit the family best. I went in and added the interior walls to make the rooms whatever size I needed them to be. I used one by Julie1112 that was two floors. The lot as is was 13,317. I think Kayla's house is currently at about 60,000 fully furnished. There are other shell houses in her gallery as well.
    mFHVZJx.png

ki4gkqc.png

SCcPQWF.png
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top