Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcement"S" confirmed for EA Play

Comments

• FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    I'm so happy and so hyped njhkvdhfbnihkjv
    SilentConfusion.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Glad they finally confirmed when they were coming at least. I can deal with waiting if I at least have a date to look for something new.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Nice !! I'm also happy about the 350 new swatches !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    The tweet in the article has been deleted... and has since been replaced with...
    Sorry for any misinformation everyone, I feel pretty silly. To be clear, we do plan on talking about Sims 4 content at EA Play, but I shouldn't have declared anything about content/releases considering I'm not involved in deciding when/how we talk about new content. Thanks!

Oh dear...

giphy.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    The tweet in the article has been deleted... and has since been replaced with...
    Sorry for any misinformation everyone, I feel pretty silly. To be clear, we do plan on talking about Sims 4 content at EA Play, but I shouldn't have declared anything about content/releases considering I'm not involved in deciding when/how we talk about new content. Thanks!

Oh dear...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2019
    Holiday wrote: »

Oh dear...

giphy.gif

Anyway, he knows what is going on at Maxis and he surely knows that something is gonna be announced at EA Play.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    This is so plum confusing. They’re making a mess of it again...
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2019
    As if they couldn't tell from the beginning that the next announcement would be at EA Play.

Since February they play with us.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    No the wait will not be worth it, I want to know right NOW, NOW, do you hear me EA. NOWWWW
    I am currently stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum. The toddlers taught me something, ya know.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    As much as it hurts me to say it, I don't think we will see an expansion in June. Seeing as today is the 28th of May and EA usually announces upcoming EPs four weeks before the release date, I'm leaning toward the idea we will see a stuff pack drop in late June. StrangerVille is a game pack so they wouldn't release two game packs back to back. But it doesn't matter what I say because EA is horrible at communicating with us, and their marketing of Sims4 has been a nightmare. They have been working on the Legacy Edition, a large update and they have EA Play thrown in just to round things out. Whenever our questions are answered with silence, I can't help but wonder what that silence means for us. We wait and wait, then wait a little more for them to decide we are worthy of being told the truth. And that will continue until Sims4's run ends.

I actually had to walk away from my computer earlier after I saw this discussion. I was so angry, and disappointed in EA, I had to close the page and walk away. I truly believe the teams are jammed up, and no one knows when projects will be finished. That is the only explanation that makes any sense. And Ea cannot bring themselves to admit that is the case because of their stockholders, and how that kind of news will affect the value of their stocks. But every month that goes by without new content releases, the less EA makes. Perhaps that is why they decided to give away the base game. No one is ever satisfied with a base game so stuff and game packs, and expansions will be purchsed by these newest Simmers. Good marketing strategy that leaves us, the faithful fans that have been with the franchise for years, in total darkness, waiting.

The Legacy Edition for Simmers using 32-Bit systems has to be their top priority for next month. My understanding is, it must be released before they can release the update for those of us using 64-Bit systems. Since the contents of that update have not been fully explained, no one knows what changes it contains. Again, there is no transparency on EA's part. We have no clue how this update might alter the game. And I happen to think we kinda have the right to know so we can decide if we want to wait to install it. I am waiting to install it until the mods I use are updated, and I know my older saves won't be harmed. Back up your Sims4 folder before installing the update. I cannot stress this enough; especially for the newer Simmers. In Origin, turn off the auto update option. Wait until some reviews on the update come in before you decide to install it. Because EA has not told us what is in this update, a bit of caution on our part isn't a bad idea. And there have been times when the patch/update notes the gurus post have been incomplete so those notes aren't always the best source for info the patch/update won't derail your game. Yes, I have trust issues with EA right now. But that is not my fault. EA created this mess, not me.

StrangerVille was released on February 26th of this year. On April 9th of this year we were told we can expect three new packs in the next six months. EA announced the end of support for 32-Bit systems would happen in June then announced the Legacy Edition for 32-Bit players so they can still play the game would be released in June. EA then announced an update coming in June for people on 64-Bit systems. EA is very good at making a lot of announcements that basically mean nothing because these announcments don't come with any details. And how do they manage to do this to us over and over? They hide behind the federal rules and regulations that prohibit them from disclosing the free content they like to include in these updates. But wait a minute, didn't the gurus already tell us about the free 350 new color swatches we will get in an update in June? Doesn't that fall under the rules and regulations everyone at EA claims they are forced to adhere to? I guess EA discloses what they want to disclose whenever it suits their agenda. Period.

Yep, I am upset and angry. I have no idea how long it will last this time. I have had issues with EA that go back as far as Sims2, and it gets worse with every new base game, expansion, stuff and game pack, and every time we have to wait for new content or bug fixes while EA avoids answering very basic and critical questions. I have no issues with the gurus. They have their jobs to protect, you know. They're just as unhappy about this mess as we are. Friends of mine have called and asked me what my thoughts are on the future of the Sims franchise, about upcoming content, and the way EA has morphed into something we barely recognize. And I can only say if we want to play our Sims games we have two choices: Accept the way things are or leave the franchise when Sims4 ends. Sims3 is complete and still highly entertaining, Sims4 will be complete and is highly entertaining. Sims5? Nope. Not going to bother going through this again. If EA happens to suddenly realize their customers, the fans of the franchise, the people that spend their hard-earned money on EA games, matter to them and aren't the mindless sheep they believe us to be, then I might consider diving into, and spending my money on EA games again. I will continue to purchase content that suits me until Sims4 has finished its run. Not out of any misplaced loyalty to EA, but because I will be able to walk away with two complete Sims games.

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sims 5 :D or 350 new swatches.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    The community is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at this point…
    No official Hint
    No Announcement after 3 MONTHS
    NO official tease
    NO addressing actual Community concerns
    NO NOThing
    like who actually enjoys that silence right know
    Even hardcore Sims4 Fans are wondering and waiting. Even GAME CHANGERS are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at this point.

Change your communication an announcement stuff, be clear and stop that non sence ridle that no one could solve, because you are so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 silence about everything.
    stop trying to get new Players in and focus on the one that are still on the sinking boat., because the Sims 4 doesnt even have cars and other basic stuff at this point.

I like the game, but damnn… they should be more open about it, espacially at the current state of the sims 4. This...
    ''there will be so much exciting content in the future bla bla
    there will be 3 new exciting dlcs bla bla''
    there will be 350 color swatches for the base game bla bla'' is super vague and it doesnt excite me, because what exactly can i expect at this point, since everything in the past was lackluster.

-PreCiious NoName
    y'all got bread?
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they keep up with their "mysterious" ways.
    Why can't simmers get a concrete answer about what's coming or at least when it will be announced. It's always a guessing game that tends to last waaaayyy too long. Then the guessing game only sets us up for disappointment because ideas of what might be coming just build up and up for months since we have nothing specific to look forward to.

I understand not being able to say certain things like specific themes/contents, but not being able to say "hey guys, next announcement will come at EA Play" is tiring. The only concise but if info we've gotten is that 3 packs are coming in the next 6 months. I wish they would be willing to be less vague. I miss the quarterly teasers we used to get

Ever since they took away the quarterly teasers, I don't see the hype in this forum anymore. All the packs were slow release and those teasers actually gave me a vague idea on what to expect from the next coming pack and not to mention it was also fun to speculate here while waiting, but now the wait has become more of an annoyance than anticipation.

The Sims Game
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they keep up with their "mysterious" ways.
    Why can't simmers get a concrete answer about what's coming or at least when it will be announced. It's always a guessing game that tends to last waaaayyy too long. Then the guessing game only sets us up for disappointment because ideas of what might be coming just build up and up for months since we have nothing specific to look forward to.

I understand not being able to say certain things like specific themes/contents, but not being able to say "hey guys, next announcement will come at EA Play" is tiring. The only concise but if info we've gotten is that 3 packs are coming in the next 6 months. I wish they would be willing to be less vague. I miss the quarterly teasers we used to get

Ever since they took away the quarterly teasers, I don't see the hype in this forum anymore. All the packs were slow release and those teasers actually gave me a vague idea on what to expect from the next coming pack and not to mention it was also fun to speculate here while waiting, but now the wait has become more of an annoyance than anticipation.

Exactly. What was once exciting has become a huge waste of time because EA can't see the problem from our point of view. And with the newest influx of Simmers, thanks to EA giving away free copies of the base game, EA does not care how we feel. If we are tired of waiting for the content they told us to expect, we can just leave the franchise. That is the way they see it. If we can't blindly and mutely accept all the empty assurances EA has spouted for months on end, EA does not want to deal with us. I mean, when did it become a bad thing to be loyal to a game for almost nineteen years, and expect a bit of loyalty in return? Holy cow, I have spent thousands of dollars over the years purchasing every pack and DLC EA had to offer, as well as purchasing newer computers and hardware in order to play. Sure, that was my choice and I accept that. EA didn't have to twist my arm and force me to play the Sims. But somewhere along the line one has to stop and say, ' Hey, enough is enough. ' EA is a huge company with thousands of employees, and resources we can only imagine at their disposal. Yet they can't deliver what we were told to expect. I did not expect to see those three new packs released one after the other but I did expect some info on them before now. That is all we want right now. We want information. EA is a game publisher. Games are supposed to be fun and exciting. EA has managed to strip all the fun out of waiting for new content to be released by going disturbingly silent yet again. Sims4 will turn five years old on September 2 of this year. I can't believe it's been five years, in some ways it feels like ten. All I can say is I hope the newest Simmers have a lot of patience because they're going to need it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I know they announced a while back that there will be no more quarterly teasers, but did they give a specific reason why?
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2019
    This silence is killing all the fun...
    EA should get inspired by Paradox, they are very transparent about future content.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    I know they announced a while back that there will be no more quarterly teasers, but did they give a specific reason why?

They said something like it didn't really make sense anymore going forward with the ways they are going to release/deliver content or whatever blablabla that was.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    jooxis wrote: »

As far as I know some quarters would be without any paid content so the teasers were made redundant...it's a shame in my opinion, they kept the forums a bit more lively
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2019
    I won't say "silence" because they told us :
    • Feb. 6th : "In FY20 we’re bringing at least 20 new content drops and expansion packs to our Sims games across PC, mobile and console"
    • Apr. 9th : "Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack! We will also continue to release updates to the base game."
    • May 8th : "We will add over 20 different content drops for The Sims 4."

Just they forgot to tell us when they planned to show it.

4 months of promises but there is still no proof.