Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Aspiration Problem - 20 days

I'm having a problem with the final part of the Master Vampire aspiration. It's the part with the survive 20 more days as a vampire. It seems to keep resetting back to zero. It took me a while to get it to go to 2 days. I then quit playing, went to bed, and just loaded the game. It was reset back to zero again.

I'm aware of the cheat to finish it if I wanted to.

Anyone else seeing this? It's getting really irritating to wait for a while for a patch for something else that doesn't work, come back to playing again, and find something else wrong.

I have every expansion and add-on pack. I paid for this stuff. Even if Vampires is an old expansion, I still paid for it, and it should work by now. It took forever for EA to fix the highly irritating cat and dogs bug where they didn't leave you alone and filled your queue relentlessly. Now I see stray pets that can't be lectured.

These game killing bug that mess up something you paid for a year or more ago should take priority.

Comments

• veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    I have the same problem too. It always resets back to zero so I cheat to complete it. Guess it's a new bug came from one of the latest packs & updates but idk which one.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    vampires need to be fixed it a bug.
  • deedeetee13deedeetee13 Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you both for the comments. I had to use the cheat to complete it.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have a good friend who was also having a problem with that aspiration. Hers happened every time she left the lot.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    There are a lot of vampire bugs right now. After the strangerville patch all the old vampire bugs that they fixed came back. The low energy bug, the stuck idle bug, the "vampire is breaking in" bug, etc...except the Master Vampire aspiration bug is new. So not only did they bring back all the old bugs, but they added a new one too! Yay (/sarcasm). I shelved my vampire sims, it just got too frustrating to play.
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have a good friend who was also having a problem with that aspiration. Hers happened every time she left the lot.

There was a patch today that fixed some bugs with vampires. As for the aspiration bug, just do the following. Type "testingcheats on". then "aspirations.complete_current_milestone". finally, "testingcheats off". All without the quotes. Hit <shift><ctrl>C to start typing. If you don't want to feel like you are actually cheating in any way, just complete the other milestones first, and try to approximate the 20 days if you want. That's what I did.

As far as I can tell, the patch fixed a few of the irritating vampire bugs. I just wish we wouldn't have to wait so long between fixes.
  • LocaSimmerLocaSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I play with the vampire pack on a daily basis and had the exact issues with the low energy, stuck idle and vampire breaking in as well. This happens in both PC and console. The low energy bug on NPC vamps for me is the most frustrating because they constantly visit my household to lounge on my couch or sleep in my sim's bed or coffin. It's hard to hang out with them while they're constantly uncomfortable. I thought I was the only one who noticed it since less people play with occult sims, but this is my favorite pack. I hope these bugs gets fixed soon.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

There was a patch today that fixed some bugs with vampires. As for the aspiration bug, just do the following. Type "testingcheats on". then "aspirations.complete_current_milestone". finally, "testingcheats off". All without the quotes. Hit <shift><ctrl>C to start typing. If you don't want to feel like you are actually cheating in any way, just complete the other milestones first, and try to approximate the 20 days if you want. That's what I did.

As far as I can tell, the patch fixed a few of the irritating vampire bugs. I just wish we wouldn't have to wait so long between fixes.

Yeah, she has UI Cheats and can just click it, but she wanted to actually get it without cheating. In the end, she just manually tracked how many days her vamp had lived with pen and paper and then used UI to complete the milestone. I was just saying that she experienced it everytime she left her lot.

Thanks for the help, though.
    p8L4V6v.png
    Oh yah. Something really silly happened with my vampires. I bit an elder walking past my house for a quick meal. A Lightning blast struck the elder outside, while I was having my vampire light off some fireworks outside. For some crazy reason, my vampire ran back into the house (I assume it was because of the storm), and lit off the fireworks instead next to the couch and television. So, a fire started inside. Then the elder died from the lightning strike, and my vampire family decided it was a good idea to hang with mr. Grim for a moment. I guess I could have micromanaged my sims to stop the mayhem, but the crazy chain of events was too silly to mess with.

Sometimes Sims 4 has it's moments.
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    I've never been able to complete that milestone, and I've had at least one vampire in every family since it launched. The good vampire one also has a shorter timer that had similar problems, though that one is short enough to power through ocationally.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    You know, I usually get too bored with the world I'm playing to finish an aspiration. No, this has never happened to me. Maybe just count the days in your head, and then use the cheat...?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'm having the same problem, the 20 days don't count. I don't know a lot about computers and every time I try something new something goes wrong. So I'm afraid to use cheats even if I knew how. I'm also having a gardening problem that just started, when I tell her to harvest all she only does one. She has a big garden and having to click on every plant for everything is getting really old really fast.
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    Off topic now, but I think the gardening thing might have to do with the batch actions not properly populating their target list. It's very hit or miss, hard to reproduce for method QA.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Boosting up this topic, I'm the latest victim here too, mine is literally counts no days! :s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2019
    Same for my vampire with this aspiration.
    Me Too I'm having the same problem. It's ruining the game Vampires are my favorite and I can't finish the aspiration. SO annoying.> @deedeetee13 said:
    > I'm having a problem with the final part of the Master Vampire aspiration. It's the part with the survive 20 more days as a vampire. It seems to keep resetting back to zero. It took me a while to get it to go to 2 days. I then quit playing, went to bed, and just loaded the game. It was reset back to zero again.
    >
    > I'm aware of the cheat to finish it if I wanted to.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this? It's getting really irritating to wait for a while for a patch for something else that doesn't work, come back to playing again, and find something else wrong.
    >
    > I have every expansion and add-on pack. I paid for this stuff. Even if Vampires is an old expansion, I still paid for it, and it should work by now. It took forever for EA to fix the highly irritating cat and dogs bug where they didn't leave you alone and filled your queue relentlessly. Now I see stray pets that can't be lectured.
    >
    > These game killing bug that mess up something you paid for a year or more ago should take priority.
    Me Too problems with finishing vampire aspiration the survive 20 days part.
  • RhinoShakeRhinoShake Posts: 6 New Member
    Just tested this a bit. I hibernated for 7 days and the counter ticked up fine. Traveled to lot across the street and it reset to zero. Going outside on my own lot, even in sunlight, didn't change the counter. So I guess if you can stay on your lot for 20 days...
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    For those who encounter this problem about the number of days reverting back to zero, this is what I do. I will keep track of the number of days, and once my count (not the games) reaches the 20-day mark I will use the cheat to make that goal completed. The only thing is you'll need to make sure the others in that group need to first be completed, otherwise, the cheat will first make those look like they are done when they are not. If you want to know this cheat it is.
    First, enter testingcheats and then enter

Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone
  • kat_kat_ Posts: 8 New Member
    I’ve been having this issue to. Had it up to 12 then it reset to zero after he visited the neighbours :(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    The aspiration bugs seems to be not exclusive to vampires, any aspiration that sims need to do certain things for multiple times keep resetting back to 0 when they leave lots but somehow rarely it will fixed itself, I have yet to play the vampire aspiration for over a year so i cant comment on this whether it will fix on itself or not.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    The aspiration bugs seems to be not exclusive to vampires, any aspiration that sims need to do certain things for multiple times keep resetting back to 0 when they leave lots but somehow rarely it will fixed itself, I have yet to play the vampire aspiration for over a year so i cant comment on this whether it will fix on itself or not.

I can confirm this. I've had two different Sims with the Freelance Botanist aspiration reset in terms of progress. I was playing with one of my male sims two days ago and he'd evolved literally 9/10 excellent plants for the last stage, and then the next time I loaded up it said 1/10.

Another Sim had 6/10 plants and that reset to 0 at the same time.

I can also confirm the vampire aspirations involving multiple days resetting as well, as I play with them quite often.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @deedeetee13 I think there may be an ongoing hidden war between merfolk and vampires. Since IL, vamps have been really, really buggy. So, it's not that they always were and we paid for that. It is a more recent issue. I don't think the Dev team got around to test things out in depth before the EP was ordered released. I think that is why we have so many problems. Deadlines and such... not an excuse, but an explanation, perhaps.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Had this one too. Now I've just gotten so fed up with the game I'm not even playing anymore, they really need to fix up all these little (and big) things before I'll jump back in. This one I could get past with a cheat, but other things like getting stuck with items in hands, stuck in pathfinding etc, etc I just can't. It's just not fun to play when there are this many things that go wrong in so many places, you can't easily avoid it.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    The aspiration bug where it resets to 0/5 (or whatever number) has been around for me for a year or two. I've only recently installed the Vampires pack but it happens for paintings, books, hours of some task, even skill levels etc. It stopped happening every time for me but usually it is when a household is on a community lot, one leaves to go to work from the community lot, that Sim's aspirations are reset.

That being said, now most of the time once a sim completes another painting/book/task for an hour/day etc, it will repopulate to the correct number ONCE at least one of those tasks has been completed. In other words, my sim had done 5/10 excellent paintings, they went to work, now it's 0/10 paintings, they do another excellent painting and it jumps to 6/10 paintings. Not sure if the Vampire glitch does this as well as I haven't actually created a Vamp yet, but it does this for quite a few of the other aspirations that glitch and reset. Once the aspiration is completed (hitting full 10/10 or whatever the count is) it is finally safe from reset.

I use the aspiration cheat a lot though because of this glitch. It drives me crazy not to know the real level of completion.