Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are People Assuming a Tropical Expansion is Next?

I just don't see where everybody is getting this idea. There isn't really any proof that a Tropical Expansion will be before anything really. We have hints about a pack in June, but we're not even 100% positive it'll be an expansion. So what is everybody basing this off of except for how much the community wants it? If it comes in June it'll be more likely to be Summer related than University, but since one will be coming out before November it's safe to assume that one could end up coming this fall, which is more likely to be University. So, basically, why do people just assume that the next pack is a tropical one?
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    What safer place to make wild assumptions than a game forum? Live a little!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    There are a couple of sites where people think a tropical expansion was leaked.
  • Options
    Kitty NapKitty Nap Posts: 11 New Member
    "We have hints about a pack in June, but we're not even 100% positive it'll be an expansion"

It's either going to be an expansion or a huge feature that completely changes the game since something is gonna be announced at EA play. I think at this point, it's safe to assume its an expansion. But nothing speculated is ever 100%, people just work with odds.

For the next pack being Tropical, the game leaks are interesting, especially since people claim these companies are accurate when it comes to leaks. For me personally what leads me to believe it will be tropical, is timing. We got Seasons now and it will be summer in the USA soon, makes sense for this to be the next installment planned.

This forum is called speculation and rumor, and some of it may be far fetched too. But just because majority speculates it will be Tropical, it doesn't mean the next pack is suddenly going to be Tropical because everyone commands it to be. It very well could be something else that we didn't even expect!

Just wait and see whats next, it's not that far away until EA Play! I hope its Tropical, would love my sims to vacation all day long. It would make waiting for future stuff packs easier since we will all be relaxing B)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    Literally 4 different independent game retail websites from different countries have leaked a tropical expansion for Sims 4. In fact, you can even preorder this Expansion right now. Why would they lie and make it up? Just to pay back the money and have angry customers?

Remember: Cats & Dogs also got leaked by a Czech retailer.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Literally 4 different independent game retail websites from different countries have leaked a tropical expansion for Sims 4. In fact, you can even preorder this Expansion right now. Why would they lie and make it up? Just to pay back the money and have angry customers?

Has anyone here tried to pre order? Cause the prices are really weird. I think that one of the retailers leak the info (either because he got it from inside or... Idk) and the others went with them maybe to not be left behind...
    There are 3 EPs that are great favorites: tropical paradise, university and supernatural. It's a 33% chance of being right...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Yup.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm not, but the rumors are gaining steam & there's usually something to them. Plus it's the one pack I've been wanting the most, so it's been fun speculating about it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If it is I hope that they include seals as my dog made a friend of one when taken for an adventure walk. I really wish I could actually see their walks in Brindleton Bay when Sims take them out from other neighbourhoods.
  • Options
    CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    If we ignore retailers, it still is very logical from marketing point to release a summer vacation related content during summer (expansion even since EA Play seems to be a big deal). Seasons expansion was very on spot marketing-wise, for example, though it would work no matter what time they would release it if we speak of the theme only. Summer vacation expansion works even better, especially considering a lot of people (kids and adults) will be going on vacation themselves which means EA can get better sales from such content.

The leak might not be true, but I would not be surprised if they actually do plan to release a vacation expansion, something what a lot of people were asking for quite a long time, actually.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have seen the leak, but also heard it was wrong. Usually, gurus are good about hopping on and letting us know that stuff that isn't true, but not sure about foreign leaks.

Personally, I want a farming EP this year, especially when they say they are trying to give us stuff we haven't seen in the past games as much.

While I do want University at some point, if I had to choose between the two, I would rather have the tropical EP. I really don't care about the rest of the supernaturals. I hope if we get any, it will be a supernatural lost in a pack like mermaids in a tropical one. While it may have a supernatural, the pack isn't solely about that. Mermaids are really the only ones besides vampires, ghosts, and Grim that I mess with.

If we do get it, I want mermaids, message in a bottle, underwater stuff like Sims 3, beaches open, beach activities for all ages, ability to make a hotel, ability to put a shop on the beach, hammocks, and houseboats. It would be nice if infants were freed so they can be taken instead of being left behind like an object instead of part of the family.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    There have been just as many people who are sure that university is next, I'm hoping for tropical islands and it's more my style.
  • Options
    ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I just don't see where everybody is getting this idea. There isn't really any proof that a Tropical Expansion will be before anything really. We have hints about a pack in June, but we're not even 100% positive it'll be an expansion. So what is everybody basing this off of except for how much the community wants it? If it comes in June it'll be more likely to be Summer related than University, but since one will be coming out before November it's safe to assume that one could end up coming this fall, which is more likely to be University. So, basically, why do people just assume that the next pack is a tropical one?

1. The "leaks" on other sites have been a reliable pattern in the past to correctly predict which content is coming. And those sites say Tropical.
    2. The switch to 64 bit and release of a Legacy thing PLUS the EA Play thing or whatever and the game changers going or whatever are all indicative of a big expansion pack release. It has been said that this or that *only happens when* an EP is coming. Whatever is next looks big, and imminent.
    3. The recent update where they named a color swatch "Sand" and then pointed it out to us when literally none of the other swatches have names was an obvious tease/hint.
    4. It's just in time for summer, everything is lined up and it all makes sense.
    5. Gurus are NOT debunking this, which from their previous behavior is almost a confirmation.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

1. The "leaks" on other sites have been a reliable pattern in the past to correctly predict which content is coming. And those sites say Tropical.
    2. The switch to 64 bit and release of a Legacy thing PLUS the EA Play thing or whatever and the game changers going or whatever are all indicative of a big expansion pack release. It has been said that this or that *only happens when* an EP is coming. Whatever is next looks big, and imminent.
    3. The recent update where they named a color swatch "Sand" and then pointed it out to us when literally none of the other swatches have names was an obvious tease/hint.
    4. It's just in time for summer, everything is lined up and it all makes sense.
    5. Gurus are NOT debunking this, which from their previous behavior is almost a confirmation.

True this. Also, do you know which time stamp it was when they mentioned the name?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

A tropical pack isn't confirmed yet, but whatever it is, it's definitely an expansion.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

A tropical pack isn't confirmed yet, but whatever it is, it's definitely an expansion.

Right! It has to be an Expansion since they never invite the Game Changers to attend an event unless they have a new Expansion.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    On some key reseller sites they made a listing for "Sims 4 Tropical Paradise" and I believe one was updated to "Tropical Island Paradise" a bit later. These "leaks" lead to speculation that it is the next pack (I myself, have never heard of these retailers to gauge trust here). (I say leaks in quotations cause often times it is the company themselves who leak it, to spread speculation and excitement).
    v8ifky.png
    11h4h9g.png

The other hint, is that the Dev team has a tradition of including hints in their packs as to the next pack, such as:
    City Living featured cat and dog prints on certain clothes (C&D)
    fk7ew1.jpg
    C&D had a calendar with seasonal swatches which hinted to Seasons
    2n8cxld.png
    Strangerville I believe had a calendar with tropical swatches as pictures which may hint to the tropical pack.
    2laxbac.jpg

Whether these are hints are misguided speculation obviously isn't known til we get an annoucement. Laundry Days item descriptions hinted towards Druids (and thus a magic pack) which hasn't come.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Don't forget the palm leaf wallpaper we got in a patch along with to new sliding doors that have a definite bamboo look.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »

Whether these are hints are misguided speculation obviously isn't known til we get an annoucement. Laundry Days item descriptions hinted towards Druids (and thus a magic pack) which hasn't come.

Oh don't remind me of that. I got so excited when I saw that wreath in Laundry Day and I'm so upset we haven't gotten anything remotely like it yet. :(
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2019
    A calendar means nothing. It could feature a toilet but it won't mean Toilet Stuff Pack confirmed! It just a toilet calendar.
    Only the forum (and corporate puppet youtubers like Pixelade, Sims Supply, Deligracy, etc. those who midnlessly praise EA and The Sims 4 because they're paid to do so therefore only LGR is the trustworthy reviewer for The Sims and why he never gets a free copy anymore) are proclaiming its true and happening. Retailers 'leak' things all the time, most of its not even true. If so where is Sims 4 Premium Service from 2014?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2019
    aws200 wrote: »
    A calendar means nothing. It could feature a toilet but it won't mean Toilet Stuff Pack confirmed! It just a toilet calendar.
    Only the forum (and corporate puppet youtubers like Pixelade, Sims Supply, Deligracy, etc. those who midnlessly praise EA and The Sims 4 because they're paid to do so therefore only LGR is the trustworthy reviewer for The Sims and why he never gets a free copy anymore) are proclaiming its true and happening. Retailers 'leak' things all the time, most of its not even true. If so where is Sims 4 Premium Service from 2014?

My guy, it's not that serious. Just let people speculate. This is literally the forum for that. And if they're wrong, they're wrong. There's no need to get in your feelings about it.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards believing that it's a tropical pack just due to the fact that it hasn't been debunked by the Gurus. I mean, surely they'd say something if some shady retailers were attempting to scam Simmers? Even just a vague warning not to trust random websites would have put this to rest.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

I'm not trying to be rude so don't take this the wrong way but, yeesh, calm down. We're in the speculation/rumors forum, not official announcements. And don't be so quick to say that Game Changers are "corporate puppet YouTubers". Despite their association with EA, doesn't mean they don't have a mouth and if there's something that they don't think is right then they'll say it. Take this as an example, when MFPS was released, did any of those YouTubers say that they liked the pack? No! They said they didn't think it was right since it was stuff saved from C&D. The Sims Supply doesn't even have it installed in his game since he doesn't think that it's right to have it as a separate pack. Just because someone doesn't think critically about something doesn't mean they're "corporate puppet YouTubers". If you don't like speculation/rumors, then I kindly suggest that you go to the announcements forum for your info, not the speculation/rumors one, and please, feel free to criticize us and the Game Changers for doing what this forum is meant for, we'll just keep on carrying on with our business with or without your input.
  • Options
    kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member

You know LGR willingly left the GC program, right?
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm not convinced the leak is real at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is either. I'm not sure that I care either way because an island pack isn't very high up on my list of wants.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2019

LGR got Strangerville for free, one of the sim gurus gave him a code. They actually rather like him and his criticism, even though they do joke about it being scathing.

and idk if you watch their content at all but I see James Turner ripping on Sims 4 all the time.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Its why Im not getting my hopes up. Sure Id absolutely love my sims to live or have a vacation on a beautiful island, but shady looking sites (in my opinion) are not enough for me to get onboard the hype train. I mean for all we know, the next pack is actually farming. I want official news.