Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No CC Builds by gmcrozier ~ 603 Palm Court

Comments

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @gmcrozier for making it to the Friday Highlights list! Well deserved! <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @rosemow thank you for your kind words and continued support. Also for the congrats.

@Rouenpucelle thank you for your wonderful comment

@verlainem thank you for the follow. I do not use CC, but I do however use move objects on all most all of my builds, mostly for the landscaping.

@coolsim9999999 thank you for the congratulations and for your kind words about my builds.

@Allears thank you so much for the congrats!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I came here, cause one of your @gmcrozier houses was shared in the weekly highlight. I TRULY LOVE how you made the front stairs... how did you do that? I cant manage to think of any way you have done these :D Pls help me out.

Besides that, I think you are doing a great job with building here and you choose nice coloring for the interior as well. Your houses like alive inside!
    @FurSimsOfficial the steps are created by using foundations. Each one is one step lower. You leave one space between each foundation and then place the stairs so that they span the gap. I hope you understand that.
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @FurSimsOfficial the steps are created by using foundations. Each one is one step lower. You leave one space between each foundation and then place the stairs so that they span the gap. I hope you understand that.

But how do you create so many foundations on ground level? Do you use the terrain tool then? Isnt 1 foundation per level the rule?
    edited May 2019
    But how do you create so many foundations on ground level? Do you use the terrain tool then? Isnt 1 foundation per level the rule?

Since they released the terrain tool you can have foundations at different levels, so long as they are not touching. Here are some screenshots showing the steps to create these steps:

Start off with a simple foundation. We are going to take this up 3
    ZWIAbYs.png

For this we are going to create 3 foundations, each one one step lower then the first
    IkjGiRO.png

Next we are going to use steps to bridge the gap and connect the foundations. I used the "One Step at a Time Stairs" from "Spa Day" for this example.
    Gm33nKo.png

You place them so that they create a platform across the gap and then use the slider to size them to the width.
    2iC8BlH.png

Repeat this until all levels have been connected. Although it isn't necessary I put a stair from the ground level to the first foundation, so the stairs look the same.
    FaWznDd.png

Then you can raise up the terrain to cover the gaps.....
    LHzh8Sy.png

or use landscaping.
    eBMvPF3.png

Since they released the terrain tool you can have foundations at different levels, so long as they are not touching. Here are some screenshots showing the steps to create these steps:

ZWIAbYs.png

For this we are going to create 3 foundations, each one one step lower then the first
    IkjGiRO.png

Next we are going to use steps to bridge the gap and connect the foundations. I used the "One Step at a Time Stairs" from "Spa Day" for this example.
    Gm33nKo.png

You place them so that they create a platform across the gap and then use the slider to size them to the width.
    2iC8BlH.png

Repeat this until all levels have been connected. Although it isn't necessary I put a stair from the ground level to the first foundation, so the stairs look the same.
    FaWznDd.png

LHzh8Sy.png

or use landscaping.
    eBMvPF3.png

Cant see the pics. Maybe you can upload them through here: https://imgbb.com/. I want to try it with a new house I build :p Thanks for your effort man!

ZWIAbYs.png

IkjGiRO.png

Gm33nKo.png

2iC8BlH.png

FaWznDd.png

LHzh8Sy.png

or use landscaping.
    eBMvPF3.png

Cant see the pics. Maybe you can upload them through here: https://imgbb.com/. I want to try it with a new house I build :p Thanks for your effort man!

Ok wow wait I think I got it! You are a genius for coming up with this, I love it :) I now only have to fill the side gaps.. as they seem to look weird:

4-5-19-19-13-15.png
    edited May 2019

Ok wow wait I think I got it! You are a genius for coming up with this, I love it :) I now only have to fill the side gaps.. as they seem to look weird:

4-5-19-19-13-15.png

I am glad that you figured it out!
    505 Waverly Lane

A 1 bedroom, 1 bath brick craftsman created for Jullie1112's May shell Challenge

NrpvSGE.png
    XPLT8T0.png
    AFwkZbv.png
    ZNus4uL.png
    Hca6zhZ.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    505 Waverley Lane is a very nice home! :) Very nice front roofing design! The front flower bed is nice, and the design of the backyard area with the flowers either sides of the pathway, the stepping stones, cute bunny, colourful butterfly and the water fountains out of the vases is so very pretty! It is a very lovely restful setting for Sims to enjoy sitting on the seats there and having a drink from the drinks tray. The outdoors laundry area is great, and nice chess nook for playing chess outdoors in the sunshine. The flowers are pretty around the base of the tree. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior.
    It is a very lovely home! :)
    @rosemow thank you very much for your kind words.
    Here are my versions of Bree Miles' May House. I wanted to do a traditional and a modern take of this floor plan.

Version 1

This version features a garage (with washer and dryer), a garden (with perfect plants), and a raised deck. 2 bedrooms and 1 bath

X2zJWEF.png
    gsP9pfP.png
    thtEsXL.png
    KwEzLHc.png

Version 2

This version is a very streamlined modern home with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath

h6LElhs.png
    seubgQ6.png
    Q53DSL6.png
    mzxiDxn.png

Both versions are very nice! :) Very nice exteriors of them!
    The flowers on the edges of the traditional home, stepping stones pathways and the flower box window are very pretty! Great garage with the laundry items and wood crafting table. Very nice harvestable gardening patch and kids monkey bar area. The raised outdoors dining patio is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior!
    Very stylish design of the modern home! The wall textures and colour are very nice. Very lovely modern design and layout of the outdoors living, dining and pool patios! Very nice red and white colour scheme.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I always like your modern homes the best. They are uncluttered, open and elegant, just like a modern home should be. You also have great colour combos. Great job! :)
    @rosemow thank you for always wonderful comments.

@sawdust I am so glad that you like my modern builds. I have always been partial to modern architecture.
    I need to get this caught up.... so here goes.

508 Valley Street

A 3 bedroom, 2 full bath modern home. 1 of the bedrooms is furnished as an office.

DnzUZRa.png
    mFjWYnv.png
    aVGypvA.png
    fpT5fj8.png
    R0zNZbz.png
    edited May 2019
    508 Valley Street is a very nice modern home! :) The exterior design is very nice, and great layout and design of the outdoors living,dining and pool patio! Very nice greenhouse for growing plants. It is nice there is skylight letting in sunshine to the home. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice. It is great there is a garage.
    The home is very nice :)
    520 Ridgeline Drive

This gorgeous Modern Mansion features a 3 car garage, home gym, pool, garden with perfect plants . There are 4bedrooms 2 are not furnished, so you can use them as you need. There are 4bathrooms, a laundry room and much more. Enjoy!

RnhqMLK.png
    Cs2eXkP.png
    9IDVLtd.png
    C1Gx1cP.png
    ospMQFh.png
    RPJhnsH.png
    L4anZiI.png
    gf7gRgS.png
    g6gR40d.png
    AwB32Fs.png
    IEQBRgP.png
    w1TWQJo.png
    W2jWA6U.png
    yxx5DcZ.png
    y6nemy6.png
    nihYK9g.png
    WBN3UEv.png

I planned on doing a full tour, but this build is very big. So these are just a highlight.
    522 Fontana Blvd

A small modern 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath

fmwNPab.png
    RrEqVHE.png
    NaGCti9.png
    qqbekwR.png
    lTqlK9H.png
    ybvWETj.png
    lpUXhEe.png
    520 Ridgeline Drive and 522 Fontana Blvd are lovely modern homes! :) Very nice exterior designs of them, great design of the outdoors living and pool areas, and very nice and stylish modern interior furnishing and layouts!
    The homes are very nice! :)
    @rosemow thank you very much for your kind words and continued support.
    529 Depot Drive

So julie1112 has these gallery shell challenges and they always seem to be traditional style homes. Well I wanted to do her challenge, but I wanted to do a Modern build. This is the result.

The Shell
    J7UfB5H.png

The Result
    9T4TckE.png
    0OsSiDN.png
    VpnC2ds.png
    yJEd2DM.png
    M3Fcmcm.png
    itCF5sh.png
    WNlCsLb.png
  • dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    @gmcrozier i am LOVING this thread and your builds! especially the two recent dark-heavy modern backyards. can a backyard be sexy?? i feel like some of these backyards are sexy. i also really enjoy seeing how you blueprint the rooms in your house, it comes across as very organic, but still fun and unique.
    529 Depot Drive is very nice modern home! :) The colour and texture of the exterior, and the design of the front entry area with the steps and hedging are very nice! Very nice pool and outdoors living and dining back patio for Sims to enjoy spending time outdoors in the air and eating cooked bbq meals. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The open plan living areas are very nice, Very nice grey/black and white colour scheme. It is nice there is a sofa seat sitting area for Sims to relax and watch tv, and enjoy playing or listening to piano music. Very nice design of the kitchen nook! The cabinets look great on the tiled wall.
    It is a very nice modern family home! :)