Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and recently started this challenge! So far my matriarch has twin toddlers and twin babies.... and I'm already feeling overwhelmed :D . I'm really looking forward to seeing how my household progresses and am having tons of fun!

If anyone would like to see my journey so far or follow along with the craziness, I am YouTubing my playthrough as well. I am "Maia" on there (just search Maia sims 100 baby challenge) if you'd like to check it out! I'll keep posting updates here as well! :)
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    @Maia84 welcome to the forums and the thread! I hope things are going well, the challenge gets a little easier once you get to a nice pace that suits you ;) remember that toddlers can get a little Potty skill by watching other toddlers on the potty chair!

@Karababy52 did you ended up uploading some of Bebe's kids on the gallery? :smiley: personally, I upload all of them, I kinda helps me keep count on them xD and thanks for the compliments! I'¿m really proud of that house because I built it myself! It still needs some more decorations and that stuff but yeah, I wanted a house that looked really cheerful and colorful since that's the theme of my kids' names
    yikes to the vampire break ins! I'm still pretty on the fence about getting that pack because those night visitors seem to be really annoying xD I hope things get easier for Bebe!

@Sha2520032003 sad toddlers are both heartbreaking and a little annoying int this game! xD I specially hate it when they grow up with sad moodlets because of a relative they didn't knew about xD
    I can imagine about the vampire kids x'D my matriarch doesn't have vampire X kids because I don't have the pack, but since I also use MC the savefile is totally populated by her grandchildren xD from time to time I have to drop a couple guys so she has some options for donnors xD
    thanks for the compliments :heart: I may post a couple pictures of the house and upload it to the gallery once I finish with it! My baby count so far is 29 children born and 24 YA so far! and yes, Iris is my first matrirach, and she's been with me for a really long time xD

@easypeaze oh no! it's always terrible when you lose a savefile like that! it happened to me with my first 100babies challenge, right when my second matriach was about to grow up xD
    But it looks like you're doing great! a house with that many toddlers most be chaotic xD but they're so cute! also yeah, there's always a birthday in this challenge!

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not sure when I last posted photos but a lot happened today!

Chad & Kenya became teens, Vancouver and Melbourne are kids, Africa became a toddler. India moved out into the city!(Which was her aspiration to live there) Lucy became pregnant again.

noj8di.jpg

Homework time!
    2iizt38.jpg
    1zdyhdf.jpg
    343gemp.jpg

After that,
    Chad & Kenya became young adults. Vancouver & Melbourne became teens! Chad & Kenya moved out to live with their cousins (Dylan's teen son and child daughter named Sergio and Kimberly. Dylan is elderly and living in an old folk's home somewhere thanks to MCCC and her two kids are on their own so I figured they could use some help. By the way, Kimberly looks identical to how Dylan and her identical twin Emily looked as kids)

Lucy became pregnant again and gave birth to twin boys who we named Mexico and Cairo. (Babies 8 and 9 for Lucy and 20/21 over all). Lucy became pregnant again with baby 22 overall (her 10th).

So currently at home we have our matriarch Lucy, identical twin boys Vancouver and Melbourne, Toddler girl Africa, twin baby boys Mexico and Cairo and Lucy is pregnant.
    jadfr7.jpg

My matriarch had baby vampire triplets today! Now she's got four toddlers and three babies in her household... uh oh!

I took some screen shots but still don't have enough points to post anything but plain text. Once I do I will post them here - they're pretty hilarious! My poor matriarch!

If anyone would like to follow along, you can watch my playthrough on my YouTube page (search "Maia sims 4 100 baby challenge" or similar :smile: )
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Karababy52 - Thanks so much! I love the matriarch Londyn too. I was looking at older pics from when I first started this challenge, & I honestly can't believe I'm on my 3rd matriarch. I thought I'd show you my other two matriarchs (hope you don't mind)

I don't mind at all, why would I? I see all three of your matriarchs are gorgeous! I love how they're all still beautiful as elders too, they aged well. I also love Londyn's Dad, Cade. He's a cutie! :)

Yep, the vampire mesmerized her through the wall, but he couldn't get inside to bite her since I locked the door. hehe Yes, Bryony is Bebe's son, part of a set of twins she had with her second Baby Daddy, Josh Hunter. He's my all-time favorite Super Sim. I think Bebe must like him most of all so far because she keeps getting whims to be friendly with him, hug him, tell him a joke etc. and she doesn't have whims about any other of her baby Daddies. She's had five baby Daddies so far and 11 children. All twins and one set of triplets.

@easypeaze Oh no, you got to 63 and then the save was gone? Gah! I'd be devastated! However, I do love your new matriarch, Tori Rains, she's adorable. Cute starter house and Wow, I love the bigger house. You've got some great skills building! Good luck on the rest of the challenge. :)
    Karababy52 did you ended up uploading some of Bebe's kids on the gallery? :smiley: personally, I upload all of them, I kinda helps me keep count on them xD and thanks for the compliments! I'¿m really proud of that house because I built it myself! It still needs some more decorations and that stuff but yeah, I wanted a house that looked really cheerful and colorful since that's the theme of my kids' names. yikes to the vampire break ins! I'm still pretty on the fence about getting that pack because those night visitors seem to be really annoying xD I hope things get easier for Bebe!

I'm sorry, no, I haven't uploaded any of Bebe's kids on the gallery yet. Life got in the way, it's been a very busy few days here. Plus, I got distracted actually too, started a different challenge. *blushes* I have so many going at once now, it's not funny. o.O I really like this challenge, but it's getting a bit tedious and Bebe is so rich now. I don't know why, but whenever my Sims get rich, I get bored.

I need to figure out how to get past that somehow. I'm toying with the idea of starting fresh for each matriarch. By fresh I mean a new lot, new house, etc. with only the base household funds. We'll see...I'll get back to it soon and try to remember to upload some of her kids for you. I hope you understand...Anyway, you're welcome about your house, I love it!

@SimAlexandria Your challenge is coming along great! I love the kids' room. Smart using the element for a focused mood too, I always do that, plus the Mathmatical drawing. Having them study a fossil works for focusing too, but it doesn't have an enable option, it only lasts about 4 hrs... I think.

Happy Simming y'all! I'll be back when I play Bebe again. Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    @Karababy52 In regards to your comment about getting bored once your sim becomes rich - do you enjoy house hunting in the gallery? I used to have this problem but then I started picking out a series of new houses, each more and more expensive so that I would constantly have a new goal I was saving for. Just a trick I use! :)
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member

@SimAlexandria Melbourne and Vancouver are very handsome! is good to hear that everything is going great with your challenge! and excited to see how Cairo and Mexico are gonna look!

@Maia84 I started watching your videos today! your matriach is really pretty! and yikes, so many little ones at the same time xD I hope she doesn't go crazy once the tripplets turn into toddlers xD

@Karababy52 awww it's ok xD I also have this problem to start too many challenges at once! aside from this one I also have a Random Legacy (that I have to come around to start posting, I keep procastinating xD), a Drifter challenge (that I totally recomend if you have that problem of getting bored when you get too much money ;) you have to start every generation with 0!) and the playtest for another challenge I'm working on getting the ruleset for xD and I'm even considering to start another couple started
    I also get bored having too much money, but I don't know, I'm so focused on the kids and getting Iris to max more skills that I don't even notice in this challenge xD I hope you find a good way to keep things interesting :D take your time

a couple pics of my household under the spoiler!
    qDAmvCE.png
    Poor Aero pased out xD I usually don't have many toddlers passing out on me, but I think trying to squeeze a potty train sesion before bed was a little too much xD he looks so cute though
    n8XVz5O.png
    aaand for the second time on my challenge, Iris gave birth to twins! Jasmine moving out got a second slot on the family and we got this little surprise! two girls Tawny and Taffy!
    Also, picture showing that Aero got happy to meet her new sisters! I didn't expect that with him being fussy
    jqOAMHx.png
    and here are they as toddlers :D Taffy on the pink and Tawny on the yellow, they're so adorable!! I'm excited to see how are they gonna look growing up, so far they seem identical!
    20oQrwr.png
    and I didn't ean to deal with three toddlers, so my priority became to finish Aero's skilling, and it paid off! here's he having breakfast with older sister Lila who grew up a couple days before, I still think he's one of my favorite kids so far~
    OaapNDM.png
    and speaking of growing up, June and Brick are not twins, but they have been growing up as if theyt were! and I took this picture to show that EAxis wasn't kind with poor Brick xDD that's probably the worst hairstyle in game for a teen!
    rOXPiyH.png
    but once we got him his hair back, he's quite handsome! Also, I feel like I don't use those MH clothes enough, I love them
    lcTBZIl.png
    and of course, here's her no-twin June ;)
    DQyk59n.png
    and the current oldest sister on the house, Rain! weekend got in the way, but she should be growing up on monday and then we can go back to making babies!
    VK8dK4k.png
    If we're lucky we could even age up all the teens the same day!

I4SmXRm.png
    BexJQV3.png
    and also, with Iris having a pretty good money saved up, I started playing around with new abilities and aspirations xD just to pass time between pregnancies, so fat she has like 8 skills maxed out and around 6 aspirations completed

Thanks! I'm not sure everything's going so well... I mean I still love playing at all but going well as a different story. We can never afford the bills, my Sims still have like 1000 simoleons and that's it. Everyone is currently exhausted and tense and I was hoping that I can move another kid out today so that Lucy would have a chance of giving birth to my first set of triplets oh, but I don't think it's going to happen. I made the mistake of having Vancouver in Melbourne go for the parenting skill for their level 3 scale to get an A. I did that because they were already level two for looking after Cairo and Mexico as babies but it seems now like they don't get any points in the parenting skill when it's a toddler there looking after so they haven't been able to raise it at all. So now I got to start over with another skill which will probably be painting to earn a little money. Either that or just wait until Lucy has the baby and let them finish the parenting skills are. She might have it first even if I do set them up as painters. And yes Cairo and Mexico are adorable little toddlers now but I don't have a picture yet. I'll go to screencap when I'm on later tonight.
    @SalemSvartulv Thanks so much for checking them out! I just posted the video today where me and Brianne (matriarch) try and manage 4 toddlers and 3 babies... I ended up just neglecting any of Brianne's needs that wouldn't kill her if they emptied! :D Poor girl! But for some reason she keeps insisting she's feeling confident. Hmm....

I love the pics you posted! All the little ones with pink hair are adorable! I haven't had my first toddler pass out yet but I'm sure it's coming soon lol
  • Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    I have been talking myself out of starting this challenge again for years (I did the Sims 3 one years ago. Link in signature) because I already have so many saves going on and didn’t think I could commit to another one. But with summer break approaching I decided to just give in. I haven’t decided if I’m going to write about it yet, but thought I’d share my progress so far at least on here.

Here is my first matriarch, Kayla Meadows. She is a born in game sim from another save that I had and I love her.

f4JNHVZ.png

She only has four kids right now with another on the way. I don’t have the ability to add On ley line and she hasn’t bought the fertility treatment yet so it’s going to be slow going. More pictures in the spoiler section.

Kayla’s first donor was Nina

5QhboZ2.png

They had a boy together, Nathan

zG5mWeD.png

kxXCVtI.png

okInI6c.png

Donor #2 was Johnny who has been my favorite so far. He was so excited to find out he was going to have a kid, and was a really big help with taking care of Nathan so Kayla could try to earn some money. Johnny still calls frequently asking Kayla out on dates or to hang out.

S24VCLI.png

QMJ34l2.png

dufAOwy.png

Again, Kayla had another boy, Joshua.

UvUM2Tq.png

P5e129U.png

JITleDR.png

Gavin was our next Donor.

aPWlaek.png

We finally got our first girl, Gemma.

dXWdd6L.png

v64014W.png

Donor #4 was Alijah Geiger who the game generated to be a doctor in the game.

3LnJPJO.png

It was another little boy, Asher who is still currently a baby so no picture yet.

I’ll probably get to play more tonight at some point.
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
    Ashley745 wrote: »
    I have been talking myself out of starting this challenge again for years (I did the Sims 3 one years ago. Link in signature) because I already have so many saves going on and didn’t think I could commit to another one. But with summer break approaching I decided to just give in. I haven’t decided if I’m going to write about it yet, but thought I’d share my progress so far at least on here.

Here is my first matriarch, Kayla Meadows. She is a born in game sim from another save that I had and I love her.

f4JNHVZ.png

She only has four kids right now with another on the way. I don’t have the ability to add On ley line and she hasn’t bought the fertility treatment yet so it’s going to be slow going. More pictures in the spoiler section.

Kayla’s first donor was Nina

5QhboZ2.png

They had a boy together, Nathan

zG5mWeD.png

kxXCVtI.png

okInI6c.png

Donor #2 was Johnny who has been my favorite so far. He was so excited to find out he was going to have a kid, and was a really big help with taking care of Nathan so Kayla could try to earn some money. Johnny still calls frequently asking Kayla out on dates or to hang out.

S24VCLI.png

QMJ34l2.png

dufAOwy.png

Again, Kayla had another boy, Joshua.

UvUM2Tq.png

P5e129U.png

JITleDR.png

Gavin was our next Donor.

aPWlaek.png

We finally got our first girl, Gemma.

dXWdd6L.png

v64014W.png

Donor #4 was Alijah Geiger who the game generated to be a doctor in the game.

3LnJPJO.png

It was another little boy, Asher who is still currently a baby so no picture yet.

I’ll probably get to play more tonight at some point.

I love the photos! Good luck with your challenge. I was original recording on my for YouTube, but I'm so far behind and I really don't see myself getting the chance to edit all of the entire challenge So lately I just been playing hahaha!
    @Ashley745 Wow those are great photos! I love how you're so consistent at getting one with first kiss and each life stage as they age up. It'll make for a really incredible photo album!
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @Ashley745 Kayla is so pretty. Love all the pictures you got of the donors and the kids.
    Just curious... Do you guys edit what your kids look like?

I tend to edit any outfits that I really don't like or don't seem appropriate for their age of the weather or whatever, but leave the ones I do. I don't edit their faces at all but sometimes I will give them a new hairstyle of the same color and texture that they were born with. The only thing I might add it with the faces is ADD freckles to a few of them and that's only because their parents have freckle and I think that they should be passed down but the game doesn't allow freckles to be passed on genetically so it would be 100% impossible for any of the kids to have them. I give them 2 about 50% of the kids lol. I don't change face shape or body shape though. I mean not without having them workout or eat diet ice cream in the game
    edited May 2019

Generally I don't edit anything. If I REALLY don't like an outfit I'll change it, but otherwise I find part of the fun of the challenge is seeing what the game gives you. I particularly like to see the differences between the half siblings based only on who the dad was. I hadn't considered the freckle thing before because my sims normally don't have freckles, but I think you're right! It seems silly that they don't get passed on.

edited May 2019
    Maia84 wrote: »

Generally I don't edit anything. If I REALLY don't like an outfit I'll change it, but otherwise I find part of the fun of the challenge is seeing what the game gives you. I particularly like to see the differences between the half siblings based only on who the dad was. I hadn't considered the freckle thing before because my sims normally don't have freckles, but I think you're right! It seems silly that they don't get passed on.

Other than the freckles, genetically I don't change anything because I agree that's part of the fun of it. But I change outfits and hairstyles because I think that that's things that people would change in real life as they get older. And for example like my teens would look the exact same as a young adults pretty much if I didn't change the hairstyle haha! So I like to like give them fun younger-looking hairstyles when their teens and then a little more mature just before they move out. And I will change hairstyles from outfit outfit, like I'll stick the hair in a ponytail for sports that have them wear it down for a party. But yeah I keep the same color and texture just not Style. The rare exception is that sometimes I'll give my teens a color that has unnatural color streaks in it or something
    PS if anyone wants my family in the background especially the young adult male kids that have moved out as potential baby daddies, my gallery name is the same as on here SimAlexandria
    Identical twins Vancouver & Melbourne aged up into young adults. Melbourne moved out to live with his older sister India, but Vancouver is sticking around for a bit until Africa is a teenager. I got him a job as a tech guru to help earn a bit of money as we are totally broke and also just as insurance in case something happens to our matriarch Lucy as I have no one older than Africa (who has aged into a child now) and I don't want to lose the game if Lucy dies and all the kids get taken for having no guardian haha.

Anyways, Africa aged into a child. Twin boys Mexico and Cairo (who I suspect are also identical) aged into toddlers. Lucy gave birth to another set of twin boys named Egypt and Athens (babies). We have room at home for one more but she's not pregnant at the moment. Working on that one, but we haven't managed to line anyone up properly so hopefully won't take too long.

15qao2t.jpg
    (Lucy with young adult Vancouver, Kid aged Africa, toddlers Cairo and Mexico, babies Egypt and Athens)

Fun Stats:
    So far we are 23 babies in.

First Generation: Matriarch Alexandria. 12 Kids (6 boys, 6 girls) (4 sets of twins and 4 single babies)
    Kids:
    Girl: Abby
    Boy/Boy Twins (Brandon & Carlos - Identical)
    Girl/Girl Twins (Dylan & Emily - Identical)
    Boy/Boy Twins (Felix & Georgie - Fraternal)
    Girl: Heidi
    Boy: Isaiah
    Boy: Jeremiah
    Girl/Girl Twins (Katie & Lucy - Fraternal)

Second Generation: Matriarch Lucy. So far 11 Kids, 8 Boys, 3 Girls) (5 sets of twins and 1 single baby)
    Kids:
    Boy/Girl Twins: Togo & India - Fraternal
    Boy/Girl Twins: Chad & Kenya - Fraternal
    Boy/Boy Twins: Vancouver & Melbourne - Identical
    Girl: Africa
    Boy/Boy Twins: Mexico & Cairo (Identical so far (Toddlers)
    Boy/Boy Twins Eygpt & Athens (Babies)

And for example like my teens would look the exact same as a young adults pretty much if I didn't change the hairstyle haha! So I like to like give them fun younger-looking hairstyles when their teens and then a little more mature just before they move out.

That's actually a really good idea that I hadn't thought of before - I'm going to add that into my game!
    My matriarch, four toddlers, and two (of three) babies all in one room. So many little people to care for!

168e89k.png
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I don't change any genetic features.. but will change hair style, eyebrows, clothes and add makeup as needed.

Congrats on getting to gen 2 @SimAlexandria!! Have you thought about what your naming theme will be for gen 3? :D
    @Maia84 yowzers.. that's a lot of work for toddlers and babies.
    edited May 2019
    Fizzstix wrote: »

I don't change any genetic features.. but will change hair style, eyebrows, clothes and add makeup as needed.

Congrats on getting to gen 2 @SimAlexandria!! Have you thought about what your naming theme will be for gen 3? :D
    @Maia84 yowzers.. that's a lot of work for toddlers and babies.

You know I don't think I've ever actually added makeup to a Sim. Maybe once over the years I've played but I tend to forget that's that's even an option. Then again I'm a 36 year-old woman myself who has probably worn makeup like five times in my life LOL! I'm just realizing how much of my real life tends to get carried over to my gameplay style haha.

I have some ideas for my naming theme for Gen 3, but I haven't decided which I'm going to use yet. Originally I was thinking of geological locations, like ocean, River, Forest, desert, but now I'm thinking I might not get enough names out of it so I might go for a flower and plant names theme or else gemstones and colors. I'll make a list of names in each and see which one has more names that I can come up with or if it's similar amount more names that I like and go from there.

I'm also thinking I'm switching whatever theme I'm doing for the last 14 kids. I'm taking as a way to honor the first generation, whoever is naming the last generation will decides to give the last 14 kids alphabetical name starting with letter M as that's where the first generation ended. ( they did alphabetical letter L for Lucy) They can name their kids starting with the letters m through z to finish the alphabet names and pay tribute to great great great grandma or I really great to this by the time I get there.

I'll just have them be like yeah only so many kids too 100 down let's start finishing up our family started haha! And if that takes two generations for the last 14 kids then the next one continue knowing how important it was to her mum to finish the alphabet haha.
    edited May 2019
    Africa is still a child, Mexico and to Cairo aged up to kids. Egypt and Athens aged up to toddlers. Lucy gave birth to twin girls named Asia and Serengeti. Vancouver moved out. I wanted to keep him a little bit longer because we have no kids that are teens and older which is a risk if something happened to Lucy. But Africa is very very close to aging up to teen and so I moved to him out when Lucy went into labor because we wouldn't have been able to have twins if I hadn't. And it works since we did indeed have twins. Although I think we're about to go a little bit crazy because the kids needs are although right now, and we have no teens and young adults in the house LOL! We have three kids two toddlers and two babies. The house is full so it'll be a while before Lucy can get pregnant again. Hopefully she won't age too much haha!

Serengeti is baby number 13 for Lucy, and 25 overall so provided we don't lose any kids before they become young adults we are a quarter of the way through the challenge.

(Photo: Lucy with Child Africa, twin boys Mexico & Cairo, Twin boys Egypt & Athens, Baby twin girls Asia & Serengeti
    4qjw8z.jpg
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Karababy52 - I had no idea that vampires could mesmerize through the walls! I love this. That's so cool that this happened. I totally understand in regards to your Sims getting so much money that the game becomes boring. Maybe you could have your matriarch "donate" some money to charity and just use the money cheat to reduce your funds to a low number? I think Londyn has $300K and she gardens. So I might be doing some "donating" soon :)

@Ashley745 - I love your matriarch! She's gorgeous. Awesome photos of the family. The kids are adorable. Good luck with the challenge :)

@SimAlexandria - I usually don't edit what my kids look like genetically. I change their outfits, add makeup, etc. I remember in my 1st generation all of my teens were super scrawny and I wanted to desperately edit their bodies to put a little meat on their bones. But I held back and just let them be as they are.

I would love to download your Sims from the Gallery & use your young adult males as donors. That would be so cool :) My world is populated with a lot of my own Sims since the majority are vampires and MC has made them have a lot of kids.

Congrats on getting to Gen 2!! That's so exciting. & I love the family picture and names of your children. I've never thought of using a theme for naming my kids but you guys on here are inspiring me to try it in the next generation :)

@Maia84 - Wow, looks like you have a super hectic household!! I have 4 toddlers right now, that I'm ready to pull my hair out. This challenge for sure makes you prepared for dealing with larger households, that's for sure LOL. I have an 8 Sim household in my other Save and it's a breeze to play them all, thanks to this challenge.
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    So, I started this challenge today, played for and hour and a half, got my Matriarch pregnant... and then had to restart. Ugh. Took her about the same amount of time the second time around, too.

Sims-4-Screenshot-2019.05.21-06.51.57.92.png

Anyway, this is my Matriarch, Brandi. And here is where you can follow her story.

simlife.meadow-bee.com/100-baby-challenge/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top