Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what I really want...

Give me a career pack. Just a pack with a bunch of careers. I don't even care if they are rabbit holes but I need more options. I want to give my military wife a job and I wish I could give her a parttime job or be a teacher. I don't think any of the other jobs really fits her. blah.

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    I would really like more career options too, particularly more 'every day' careers like librarian, teacher, mechanic etc. Not everyone can become a super spy or celebrity chef after all. I'm not sure I would want a specific pack for this. I would prefer them to be patched in or part of a pack with a broader theme, e.g. ghost hunter, fortune teller and/or alchemist for Supernatural EP. Part-time job options for parents and other adults would be nice too.
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    I would live for them to add a bunch with a University expansion. They could add a bunch of careers and have majors for them. Teacher, lawyer, even mechanic or whatnot.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think they are going to keep adding in jobs that "match" the packs. Sometimes adding in free ones like they did with the stylist. So I expect some sort of teacher/education with University or that equivalent. I'd rather they match, especially since if they gave us a big pack of jobs there might not be a good blending into other packs later. For instance if they gave us a simple teaching job now in it's own career pack, it might have no extra tie ins that could happen if it came with a full education pack.. because that would require the consumer to buy both packs for it to work for them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    I would live for them to add a bunch with a University expansion. They could add a bunch of careers and have majors for them. Teacher, lawyer, even mechanic or whatnot.

Yeah, University usually bumps up the amount of careers and is what I am looking forward to.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the Ideas corner :smile:
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I like it when there is a job that matches the pack that it is from but I would love them to patch in some more every day/part-time jobs for adults like day-care, office worker, mechanic (if they don't add a car pack), bus driver (lol would love to see my sims be bus drivers), pilot! There are so many jobs they could be adding in between packs to flesh it out more. I think I have played them all and it gets boring sadly.
  • Options
    JLH4ACJLH4AC Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to see the return of education, law, architecture, firefighter, fortune teller and ghost hunter career tracks, and brand new career tracks like transit and postal to be added. I would say add the new career tracks in suitable packs, for example education being part of an university expansion and ghost hunter being part of an supernatural expansion.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I agree with the need for more careers. Yes you can now register your sim as employed in whatever career you want to make up, but to me that only really is meaningful if there are things you can do to make money that way, for instance owning a business or selling harvastables, collectibles, or things your sim can make (art, books, etc). I want careers in game that come with associated attire, rewards, etc. What they did with the military career was pretty much what I’d envisioned and wanted. I’d like more careers with that amount of detail, and definitely more ‘everyday’ careers. It would be great if sims could be teachers, lawyers, social workers, therapists, librarians, firefighters and mechanics (if they add cars, I’d love to be able to be a mechanic and run a garage much like we can do with vet clinics). I’d also like a range of jobs like the part time jobs in sims 3 where there is limited advancement.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Sometimes I wonder so what if we could get university, we go to uni in the hope to become a professional individual in real life, the game now no doubt lacks of professional careers eg. lawyer / solicitor / accountant / engineers / Architect / lecturer and more. So what is the purpose of having university at all?

The Sims Game
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd love a careers pack too! Our sims need more regular jobs. I always love seeing new jobs added to the game. Wish we could even get like 3 new ones patched in.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Pentagram0666Pentagram0666 Posts: 3 New Member
    That's some stuff that I want...
    But what I really want are polygamous relationships and marriage! I mainly want this because there are people who are in relationships with more than one person, like me. It just feels like the game tries not to touch on that subject. Even though, it would be awesome to have 4 dads trying to take care of 4 kids.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    It would be good if they introduced part time jobs through the community lots in game?

Then there would be bartenders, librarians, local jobs etc. Plus you could set up who works where in your world, instead of it just randomly assigning the jobs to your existing sims when you visit the lot. It’s can be annoying when one of your super high up sims turns up as a bartender or waitress when playing with other households. At least that bugs me lol
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    But what I really want are polygamous relationships and marriage! I mainly want this because there are people who are in relationships with more than one person, like me. It just feels like the game tries not to touch on that subject. Even though, it would be awesome to have 4 dads trying to take care of 4 kids.

There's a mod for this :wink:
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Please tell us more
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    I would really like more part time jobs, like we had in ts3. Sometimes, if I have a stay-at-home mum, it would be nice for her to have a part-time job. But one where she can still get promoted.