Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toasters and kettles.

How on earth are they still not included in the game?

Toasters mean we could make toast. A basic food staple. Then you could have toast with jam, or beans on toast, or feed your toddler boiled eggs with toast soldiers! And toasted crumpets with honey! And toasted muffins! And raisin toast (with lashings of butter)!

As for kettles, I'm talking about the standard electric kettle. Yes, I know, people in the US rarely use them, but folk from many other countries do. You can have a kitchen without a microwave, but one without a kettle is very strange.

Here in Australia, electric kettles are a speedy way to boil 1-2lt of water.
'Coffee makers' are expensive, kettles are not, so most homes have a kettle for the purpose of making coffee, or tea, or milo, or cuppa soup, or instant noodles.

As a bonus, a toaster and kettle (often a set) take up less space than a microwave! And they're a stereotypical wedding present (gotta toast the bride!)

There are the cheap budget versions (usually white plastic)
4-slice-toaster-and-kettle-breakfast-set.jpg

The mid-range 'stainless' versions
6257984_00_W460_H600.jpg

And the higher end colour versions

TSF01KLF03PBUK-Smeg-2-Slice-Toaster-Kettle-Set-Pastel-Blue.jpg
235450.jpg
c700x420.jpg
pink-kettle-stainless-steel-electric-kettle-automatic-power-off-water-kettle-portable-pink-water-boiler-thermal-pink-kettle-and-toaster-set-next-pink-kettle-and-toaster-set-dunelm.jpg
smeg-reviews-toasters-reviews-8-new-toaster-and-kettle-set-smeg-uk34xpnf-review.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Maybe they can add them in a university pack, for all the quick meals :joy: I would love to have these in game though.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’d like more kitchen appliances.

I feel like these items would affect some recipes though. Like isn’t there a recipe for eggs and toast in the game? They’d have to do a new animation so that Sims when making that recipe walk over to the toaster AND the stove.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes! I was thinking about this in another thread. We definitely need working kettles, toasters and teapots.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    Toasters in particular have the potential to be fun. I want a freezer-bunny toaster that makes impressions on the toast. Toast that flies out of a cheap toaster. Toaster electrocution from sticking forks in to get stuck toast out. Toaster fires.

Kettles are interesting if they're stovetop singing kettles. Like doorbells (!), you could have ones that do more than a default sound, for fun. Not so sure I want my Sims scalded, though.

Teapots!! While I really do like the tea options we have now, it's not servable tea. My Sims can't play "mother" and pour. And my children can't have "tea parties".

I've no idea what kind of larger pack this could all fit in. But maybe it could be Stuff Pack material? A Tea Party stuff pack, with everything from your morning toast and tea to a child's tea party with toys (or a patient grown-up) to a high tea. I'd buy that!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I might actually buy my 1st Sims 4 Stuff Pack if they brought one out with this stuff.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I'd like these too.
    As a Brit I'd be lost without a kettle xD

Also, if they do this, they should make it so that small appliances can sit anywhere on the counter rather than snapping to the centre, I hate that.
    2UFyFUV.png

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I never thought about a toaster being in TS but I really want a toaster in the game now lol
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Toast comes... from a toaster? Huh. I thought it just magically appeared alongside the eggs when you make eggs and toast on the stovetop. ;)

Now I'm envisioning a Tea Time stuff pack... tea kettles, different types of tea you make, Enthuse about Tea social, Tea Party event...

Oh, and you absolutely have to be able to make instant ramen with the kettle, too. That's a requirement.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Toast comes... from a toaster? Huh. I thought it just magically appeared alongside the eggs when you make eggs and toast on the stovetop. ;)

Now I'm envisioning a Tea Time stuff pack... tea kettles, different types of tea you make, Enthuse about Tea social, Tea Party event...

Oh, and you absolutely have to be able to make instant ramen with the kettle, too. That's a requirement.

I always use hot water from the kettle when cooking things in saucepans, rather than waiting for cold water to boil.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Currently boiling my kettle to make instant gravy.
    Sometimes I make instant mashed potatoes, and instant gravy.

Toasters in particular have the potential to be fun. I want a freezer-bunny toaster that makes impressions on the toast. Toast that flies out of a cheap toaster. Toaster electrocution from sticking forks in to get stuck toast out. Toaster fires.
    YES!!
    Fantastic ideas!
    Death by toaster is needed!
    Teapots!! While I really do like the tea options we have now, it's not servable tea. My Sims can't play "mother" and pour. And my children can't have "tea parties".
    Servable tea is something I've wanted for ages!
    You can't have proper posh sims without it!
    And it could bring in some more reactions: Pour it too soon, and it's weak tea, pour it too late and it's too strong!
    I've no idea what kind of larger pack this could all fit in. But maybe it could be Stuff Pack material? A Tea Party stuff pack, with everything from your morning toast and tea to a child's tea party with toys (or a patient grown-up) to a high tea. I'd buy that!
    Tea party stuff is not a bad idea.
    Needs to include several sponge cakes, and finger sandwiches.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • edwardcdedwardcd Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah Im typically shying away from the plastic kettles and going with stainless steel. Like luthienrising said, I like mine to sing to me.
  • Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    It's so weird that you posted this because I was JUST thinking that my sim needs a kettle. I agree, a toaster would be cool too and it would be a good breakfast meal that kids could sort out themselves before school too.
    I actually found a really nice <a href="https://bestelectricwaterboilers.com/breville-electric-kettles-reviewed/">Breville kettle</a> yesterday, a bit pricey but meh, worth it for the the ability to set different temperature levels
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, now I have to post this long annoying link to where I saw it: https://bestelectricwaterboilers.com/breville-electric-kettles-reviewed/
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    How on earth are they still not included in the game?

Toasters mean we could make toast. A basic food staple. Then you could have toast with jam, or beans on toast, or feed your toddler boiled eggs with toast soldiers! And toasted crumpets with honey! And toasted muffins! And raisin toast (with lashings of butter)!

As for kettles, I'm talking about the standard electric kettle. Yes, I know, people in the US rarely use them, but folk from many other countries do. You can have a kitchen without a microwave, but one without a kettle is very strange.

Here in Australia, electric kettles are a speedy way to boil 1-2lt of water.
    'Coffee makers' are expensive, kettles are not, so most homes have a kettle for the purpose of making coffee, or tea, or milo, or cuppa soup, or instant noodles.

As a bonus, a toaster and kettle (often a set) take up less space than a microwave! And they're a stereotypical wedding present (gotta toast the bride!)

There are the cheap budget versions (usually white plastic)
    4-slice-toaster-and-kettle-breakfast-set.jpg

The mid-range 'stainless' versions
    6257984_00_W460_H600.jpg

And the higher end colour versions

TSF01KLF03PBUK-Smeg-2-Slice-Toaster-Kettle-Set-Pastel-Blue.jpg
    235450.jpg
    c700x420.jpg
    pink-kettle-stainless-steel-electric-kettle-automatic-power-off-water-kettle-portable-pink-water-boiler-thermal-pink-kettle-and-toaster-set-next-pink-kettle-and-toaster-set-dunelm.jpg
    smeg-reviews-toasters-reviews-8-new-toaster-and-kettle-set-smeg-uk34xpnf-review.jpg

Love this idea!!!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Kettles would be a great space-saver.
    My Sims often have a tea brewer AND a coffee pot, a kettle could be both at once!

And god yes, I want toasters. It's crazy that there's never been one in The Sims.
    The potential for fires, the ability to make toast, RAISIN toast, crumpets, English muffins, Pop-Tarts, Toaster Strudels, toaster waffles... all those new recipes for low-skill chefs!
    wJbomAo.png