Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 8

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Get ready for May Maxis Monthly, featuring an AMA with Lyndsay Pearson (GM of The Sims) and Mike Duke (new Sr. Producer on The Sims 4).

When? May 7, 11 AM PT - find out what time is that for you here.

Edited: if you missed the livestream, you can watch it now!:

Note: There will be no new content announced or shown during this stream.
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2019
    Opening this one so you can share your thoughts and comments - enjoy the livestream!
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

Short and sweet. Not so informative, but pleasant background chatter.

But, bestselling Sims game so far? Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I loved the question/answer. *waves happily*
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Would be nice if you would use these streams to inform us about future content...but I am guessing that is too much to ask. -shrug-
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Guess nothing interesting/informative actually happened. Glad I didn't waste my time watching. :)
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    tea!!
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Would be nice if you would use these streams to inform us about future content...but I am guessing that is too much to ask. -shrug-

They've said a few times previously that the Maxis Monthlies would only have patch content or other content. No packs in them.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Another pointless stream. Guess they need to appeal towards the children that watch Ninja stream Fortnite since that's their target demographic for TS4. All the potty jokes and all showcases this. This entry truly has no direction, no identity, no soul. The Sims 5 needs to change things up otherwise this franchise is going to die off just like everything else by Maxis and EA. Never forget SimCity 2013.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Another pointless stream. Guess they need to appeal towards the children that watch Ninja stream Fortnite since that's their target demographic for TS4. All the potty jokes and all showcases this. This entry truly has no direction, no identity, no soul. The Sims 5 needs to change things up otherwise this franchise is going to die off just like everything else by Maxis and EA. Never forget SimCity 2013.

This franchise isn't going anywhere. Their most likely working on The Sims 5 now since they moved some gurus around.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I missed the original stream and just watched it. I enjoyed the stream. I liked learning about the devs and things they enjoy from this version and the past ones.

As they were talking about past games, a thought came to me. S4 is, for me, just easier to play. It doesn't take as much setup time, with the gallery connection you can plop down houses or grab households for your game so you get to play time faster.

It's easier to build in this version and I enjoy building a lot. CAS can take time for me as I try to plan out every sims outfit for everyday and occasion. I try not to repeat looks so my sims don't all look the same but there are favorite pieces of CAS that I am drawn to.

They spoke of how much more they could do in S4 and I'd be fine with more than three years of creating for S4.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It was nice meeting Duke.....just please leave the clowns alone!!! :D

I was eating breakfast with out rl dogs, so I must have missed the part about bestselling game so far. I wouldn't have thought that when it first released. I didn't get into the game till two years in. But yeah, I can see that now. They have come a long way since the beginning.

I enjoyed it B)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

Its why I chose not to watch. No news to share? Im not interested.

It was nice meeting Duke.....just please leave the clowns alone!!! :D

I was eating breakfast with out rl dogs, so I must have missed the part about bestselling game so far. I wouldn't have thought that when it first released. I didn't get into the game till two years in. But yeah, I can see that now. They have come a long way since the beginning.

I enjoyed it B)

And the fact that consoles are almost caught up with PC helps attract more players since everyone doesn't have a gaming pc.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well I loved it - love hearing what the Guru's experience, including glitches - Like my most memorial glitches came in Sims 2 when one of the eps had an issue with certain Sims hairs flying off their heads when you took a large group of sims to the park - I think it was mostly long braid and pig tail type hairs as I recall it looked like a bird flying round their head - it also affected CC hairs as well. Cracked me totally up but they did fix that one pretty quickly. It was funny while it lasted.

My most interesting Sim had to be Olive Spector in Strangetown - I was mesmerized by all the dead in her graveyard, bringing them all back to life, and her own story with Grim and her son. I also brought back her sister and brother-in-law. I have no idea why they entranced me but they did and I was obsessed with giving everyone a good life. Olive even reclaimed one of her former husbands for life and got her son Nervous back home out of his test subject existence. But yes - when ever I go back to Sims 2 i play more Olive (actually the whole town) and University as well as I love Sims 2 style Uni best.

But just like I have my fav stories and bits about the sims games over the year it is interesting to see the Guru's experiences, favorite Sims, and also little surprises or strange glitches the game kicks out now and them. So yes I love the Maxis monthly for helping us know our devs and Guru's better - I can always relate to people I have or just hear conversation with - you know they are not machines and are people just like us and experience some of the things we do. We are not alone and to me that makes it a better game when you are getting to know the people who make the stuff and make the game lots of us love. I find that more important sometimes than "just what is new or what is coming'.

I don't always want to know what they have in their hand - sometimes it is just nice to sort of verbally shake their hands.

So yes - to me the time was not wasted and was refreshing and fun. To me life is more about what you know, than what you get.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    greenXen wrote: »

I already knew that as I sit through or at least read every single quarterly meeting they hold on the business side of things. And their tendency to talk about player numbers, and how well or even how badly things are going. Since toddlers and Vampires it seems the game is soaring better every quarter than the last with no sign of slowing down.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I don't always want to know what they have in their hand - sometimes it is just nice to sort of verbally shake their hands.

So yes - to me the time was not wasted and was refreshing and fun. To me life is more about what you know, than what you get.
    Exactly <3
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    greenXen wrote: »

I already knew that as I sit through or at least read every single quarterly meeting they hold on the business side of things. And their tendency to talk about player numbers, and how well or even how badly things are going. Since toddlers and Vampires it seems the game is soaring better every quarter than the last with no sign of slowing down.

Seasons helped a lot as well.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

This franchise isn't going anywhere. Their most likely working on The Sims 5 now since they moved some gurus around.

I don't understand how one can claim that this franchise isn't going anywhere when it's already come so far since launch.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

I don't understand how one can claim that this franchise isn't going anywhere when it's already come so far since launch.

Friendly FYI: I think you misunderstood what he was saying. He was responding to someone who said the franchise was going to die off if The Sims 5 didn't change things up, and catloverplayer said it wasn't going anywhere, meaning the franchise is not going to die off. :)

Friendly FYI: I think you misunderstood what he was saying. He was responding to someone who said the franchise was going to die off if The Sims 5 didn't change things up, and catloverplayer said it wasn't going anywhere, meaning the franchise is not going to die off. :)

Exactly.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

Exactly.

My bad! I was misunderstood.

Exactly.

My bad! I was misunderstood.

Sure no problem.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Anybody here enjoying the Jazz at the beginning of the stream? Just me? K.
    :*
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Anybody here enjoying the Jazz at the beginning of the stream? Just me? K.
    :*

Yes I did. I haven't heard that in TS4. I wonder if it could be from the upcoming expansion. We have jazz in Dine out but this is a different kind of jazz.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I loved it! Thank you for making me feel like we are part of the Sims, at least peripherally. I'm so glad I have found my way back to this game. I'm having so much fun.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8