Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New CAS items in today's patch

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @PlayerSinger2010 that's exactly how that hoodie looks in the real world, as seen here:

freezer.png

Okay? It still should have been in Simlish. English text takes the immersion out of the game being its own separate world.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,421 Member
    @CrystalAbyss1 Thank you! That's Mallorey West. I made her to be a famous author in my game. I really like her look. She wears earth tones and little make up in my game.
    Any chance she’s on the gallery? :)

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... I agree. I want all the text in the game to be some kind of Simlish. I do not want English or any other real world text in my game. I never download lots with rl-text on the buildings or paintings.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @CrystalAbyss1 She is currently not, but I can upload her. Just let me know if you would prefer unskilled or skilled.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @CrystalAbyss1 She is currently not, but I can upload her. Just let me know if you would prefer unskilled or skilled.
    Either way is fine, I don’t mind
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Could you upload her unskilled version, please? I'd love to have her, too. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well unfortunately when EA makes an agreement with other companies and gives us even 1 product from the company they put those companies logo in the game as part of the advertising agreement - so they are usually on the product or signs or something in the games no matter what.Like some of the cars in Sims 3 we got from Ford and Toyota among other things. On furniture or even stores in Sims 2 and on clothing since Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well unfortunately when EA makes an agreement with other companies and gives us even 1 product from the company they put those companies logo in the game as part of the advertising agreement - so they are usually on the product or signs or something in the games no matter what.Like some of the cars in Sims 3 we got from Ford and Toyota among other things. On furniture or even stores in Sims 2 and on clothing since Sims 2.

Exactly; and this is why they will not be obligated to change it anytime soon. No one is forcing you to put it on your Sims either.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @CrystalAbyss1 @ChelleJo I uploaded her unskilled. My gallery name is the same as my forum name.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Netzspannung Thank you! I'm in game now, so I'll go grab her. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    @Netzspannung yes! Thank you! Will search for her right now!
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

Exactly; and this is why they will not be obligated to change it anytime soon. No one is forcing you to put it on your Sims either.

Yeah but I guess there is a chance random townies could wear it even if we don't want it in our game?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited April 2019
    loutredor wrote: »

Yeah but I guess there is a chance random townies could wear it even if we don't want it in our game?

There's always that chance, but compared with the usual amount of townies generated with the same clothing options and with the same CL names, it's probably not going to pop up often.

Of course that is, unless that specific hoodie was tagged to pop up more often, then it's mods to the rescue.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

There's always that chance, but compared with the usual amount of townies generated with the same clothing options and with the same CL names, it's probably not going to pop up often.

Of course that is, unless that specific hoodie was tagged to pop up more often, then it's mods to the rescue.

Ha! What a devious idea. Would make good marketing though. :D

we all try ...
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited April 2019
    Still love your #2 sim Blue Ivy
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    The only two new clothing for the females are the only ones that I can find!
  • Babygirl2328PBabygirl2328P Posts: 20 Member
    They did well with the swatches overall. They are looking good with items of other packs, even just at first glance.

AvaQjjR.jpg

Had to edit this to add two more outfits.

Love the third sim's outfit. You did really well showcasing the new clothing
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are four male-specific items, four female-specific items, and then the freezer bunny hoodie both can use

i've got screenshots of all the items here, though didn't take shots of them in the sort panel...

here are the brief names/descriptions for each given in the patch notes. the individual images will be in spoilers beneath each heading, just to reduce message size

Women
    A cable knit cardigan outfit
    comes in 10 swatches, found under 'sets' sort for full body
    f28c30d5491c7851ff3673ed7113216e.png
    A sweater and skirt outfit
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'short dresses' sort for full body
    408ad8940f955b400d918dd8d8bc941d.png
    A layered sweater
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'sweatshirt' sort for upper body
    5811ba8726190d320ed7a88dbecb0f6b.png
    A pair of flats
    come in 9 swatches, found under 'flat' sort for footwear
    6d4d7971004ae134341304c6b1e55908.png

Men
    A collared sweater
    comes in 9 swatches, found under 'sweater' sort for upper body
    0fbdf14289770243931c7bd020b7aabc.png
    A button up shirt
    comes in 12 swatches (some really colorful, some not), found under 'buttonup' sort for upper body
    b561f9d0fbe7acee218637c0b22d102d.png
    A crewneck sweater
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'sweatshirt' sort
    f95abfa2aed641354a34bb80d57082c5.png
    and yes, it shares some swatches with the female one, but has unique ones, too
    A pair of drawstring pants
    comes in 11 swatches, found under 'pants' sort
    d7fba6637201961059f1978c6b70705b.png
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    The Moschino hoodie isn't actually a car crash in the game which surprised me.
    The new men's shirt I really love and the sweaters are nice but they feel a bit clumpy on men with wider shoulders. They fit the slender teen in my game family really nicely as opposed to his more muscular dad.
    The women's stuff is nice and I particularly like the sweater/skirt outfit. I actually found again that it suited a younger sim better.
    Accessories and/or new hair would have been a nice touch too but I'm grateful for what we got :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    there are four male-specific items, four female-specific items, and then the freezer bunny hoodie both can use

i've got screenshots of all the items here, though didn't take shots of them in the sort panel...

here are the brief names/descriptions for each given in the patch notes. the individual images will be in spoilers beneath each heading, just to reduce message size

Women
    A cable knit cardigan outfit
    comes in 10 swatches, found under 'sets' sort for full body
    f28c30d5491c7851ff3673ed7113216e.png
    A sweater and skirt outfit
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'short dresses' sort for full body
    408ad8940f955b400d918dd8d8bc941d.png
    A layered sweater
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'sweatshirt' sort for upper body
    5811ba8726190d320ed7a88dbecb0f6b.png
    A pair of flats
    come in 9 swatches, found under 'flat' sort for footwear
    6d4d7971004ae134341304c6b1e55908.png

Men
    A collared sweater
    comes in 9 swatches, found under 'sweater' sort for upper body
    0fbdf14289770243931c7bd020b7aabc.png
    A button up shirt
    comes in 12 swatches (some really colorful, some not), found under 'buttonup' sort for upper body
    b561f9d0fbe7acee218637c0b22d102d.png
    A crewneck sweater
    comes in 13 swatches, found under 'sweatshirt' sort
    f95abfa2aed641354a34bb80d57082c5.png
    and yes, it shares some swatches with the female one, but has unique ones, too
    A pair of drawstring pants
    comes in 11 swatches, found under 'pants' sort
    d7fba6637201961059f1978c6b70705b.png

Thanks so much, @kalaksed - always appreciate your posts
    I’m a little bummed that sweater is attached to the skirt. I was hoping it would be separate since the skirt isn’t my cup of tea. Hopefully a CC creator will liberate it soon. Also not big on the Moschino hoodie, but that’s because I don’t like English text on items in the game. Everything else is nice though.

How soon you wonder? Leeleesims1 already posted the liberated sweater. TS4 CC creators and modders are so awesome, it cannot be said enough.

we all try ...
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m excited to have more “skinny” jeans for the males. I hate the bulky fitting clothes for them :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Nope. It isn't valid for randomization. :)

Thank goodness for small miracles!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yes! More male CAS.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif