Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Island Living EP, Realm of Magic GP and Moschino SP coming in next 6 months

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I definetely think we will get two EP’s this year since in six months from now it’s september and they always have a an EP for the holiday’s to make a big profit of them. What the packs could be idk what i hope
    EP 1 university i don’t hope they make one big education pack because it would probably feel half baked if they try to put all the school types like kindergarden etc in it. I mean so far all uni packs have only focused on uni so we def lose stuff if they decided to add other schooltyped in aswell
    For the GP i hope witches romance or beach my preference would be romance tho
    Sp i have no idea since theyre mostly random i hope something for pools or babies
    And for the second ep i hope something like beach or hobbies if that isn’t the gamepack. I feel like beach theme is def broad enough for an expansion like island paradise but hopefully less buggy.
    I’m really like the free stuff we’re getting in the update more careers with cool rewards even laptops wich is great for people not interested in strangerville altough i do feel like laptops can use an upgrade they’re the minimum i plum them to close be usuable outside the limits of the lot and i want to be able to use them on the ground without a mouse. I am really happy they told us more and we can kinda now what to expect

Me too. And I am thinking in what kind of EP would Witches fit in? I don't know why but I feel like they will include Witches in an EP rather than doing it like Vampires. And I think they will come out in the second EP of the year, but what theme could that be...
    It could be a Supernatural kind of pack but also something completely random like when we got Witches in TS2 with the Apartment Life EP.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    @EA_Rtas there's another thread already in the speculation section about this exact topic. Maybe you could merge them?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm fine with next EP either island paradise or university but NOT otherwise, and the GP MUST be WITCHES!
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think it will be like this:
    EP: Universty.
    GP: Tropical Island
    SP: Teen stuff or possably Subculture Stuff
    I think at one point we may gat a free Mall lot.
  • Options
    Slayer_RoseSlayer_Rose Posts: 56 Member
    I'm just so excited! It could literally be anything although most of us do think it is university and some kind of holiday pack. i'd love to be able to run my own hotel in sims!
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    The gurus said there will be one EP, one GP and one SP for the next 6 months, and 6 months from now leads to sep, so what's coming from Oct to Dec? possible for another EP? :p

The Sims Game
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I believe its going to be this way:
    Stuff Pack: May
    Expansion Pack: July
    Game Pack: October
    If its the next 6 months, then probably one of the packs will be released on the last of the 6 months, which would be September/October. For the themes, the SP could be anything from Pool Party to Wedding, so... IDK. EP I think is University, and GP, in October?! Obviously Witches, or any other Occults for the Halloween.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I believe its going to be this way:
    Stuff Pack: May
    Expansion Pack: July
    Game Pack: October
    If its the next 6 months, then probably one of the packs will be released on the last of the 6 months, which would be September/October. For the themes, the SP could be anything from Pool Party to Wedding, so... IDK. EP I think is University, and GP, in October?! Obviously Witches, or any other Occults for the Halloween.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    @EA_Rtas there's another thread already in the speculation section about this exact topic. Maybe you could merge them?

Good call, I've now merged the two threads, carry on folks :smile:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why does everyone think it's going to be a University EP and a witches GP? Is this based on clues or just everyone's wishful thinking? I'd like both too but I see no evidence of either yet.

As for the SP, I would imagine that they would want to recapture the surprise (for me at least) popularity of LD. So, what is something like LD that would be as welcomed? I was thinking may be a sewing SP. Using a sewing machine or weaving with a loom or anything along that creative line I think would be welcome.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Game Pack-- Prehistoric World, April
    Stuff Pack-- Natural Living, July
    Expansion Pack-- Elections!, August

[Edit: I remembered we wouldn't get anything til at least June.]
    I want a prehistoric world so badly, but whenever I see anyone say anything about time travel it seems to be futuristic stuff ... so I have mixed feelings on wanting the time travel pack haha

I think they would have difficulty getting a Tyrannosaurus or Brontosaurus even on a 64x64 lot :o but Stonehenge time or pre Aztec times would be interesting! Too bloodthirsty I suppose for EA. Just huntin', fishin' fightin' and bows and arrows but nice wood/stick wallpapers.

I always got annoyed with the time capsule in Sims 3 that they couldn't actually take us with our Sim there.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    I think it will be like this:
    EP: Universty.
    GP: Tropical Island
    SP: Teen stuff or possably Subculture Stuff
    I think at one point we may gat a free Mall lot.

I'd love this lineup! Also a hobby stuffpack would be nice too thinking about it.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why does everyone think it's going to be a University EP and a witches GP? Is this based on clues or just everyone's wishful thinking? I'd like both too but I see no evidence of either yet.

As for the SP, I would imagine that they would want to recapture the surprise (for me at least) popularity of LD. So, what is something like LD that would be as welcomed? I was thinking may be a sewing SP. Using a sewing machine or weaving with a loom or anything along that creative line I think would be welcome.

Absolutely wishful thinking. People have been voicing their wishes for a long time and hope the team is working on islands, witches and colleges, but there is absolutely no evidence for any of them.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited April 2019

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant

*Really* excited we got to share some of our road map. We're making baby steps. Super thrilled. As Lyndsay said, next six months will include an EP (you'll love it), a GP (omg), and a new SP (yass, queen).
    4:00 PM - Apr 9, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

92 people are talking about this

CONFIRMED! :D SP is a Drag Queen pack. Werk!
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Waaaah baby steps too?! :open_mouth::joy::lol:

Cars and Lyndsay confirmed, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Absolutely wishful thinking. People have been voicing their wishes for a long time and hope the team is working on islands, witches and colleges, but there is absolutely no evidence for any of them.

Grant did a poll a year ago asking for the most popular occult. Witches won. We're hoping that was a sign that they're actually working on more occults since, y'know, it's been two years since we've gotten a new life state and it's alienating a lot of players.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I think it will be:
    EP: Uni
    GP: Witches
    SP: Moschino
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

*Really* excited we got to share some of our road map. We're making baby steps. Super thrilled. As Lyndsay said, next six months will include an EP (you'll love it), a GP (omg), and a new SP (yass, queen).

If that's what Grant said, I'm almost certain that the EP is definitely university. I can't imagine he'd say that knowing that such a huge amount of vocal fans want a university pack. I'm sure there'd be backlash if it was anything else.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    we're getting really cool new laptops and a new drawing tablet! I'm so happy

I think the drawing tablet is the one we got with the Stylist career in the pre-GF patch. But I do like the new laptop and the other items.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If that's what Grant said, I'm almost certain that the EP is definitely university. I can't imagine he'd say that knowing that such a huge amount of vocal fans want a university pack. I'm sure there'd be backlash if it was anything else.

True, but there are several themes that a huge amount of vocal fans have been requesting. Magic (Makin' Magic revamp would require an EP), beach world/vacation (EP world, GP vacation), Supernatural pack (EP), Farm/Off The Grid pack (EP). These, along with University, are all popular themes for the game. It could be any of them.
  • Options
    GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    I honestly would really like to see a stuff pack similar to the sims 3 70's 80's & 90's stuff :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

He’d say it for practically anything, even if it’s something that nobody has asked for.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Has anyone noticed the new sounds at Silvan Glade? I like to fish there a lot so am familiar with the sounds. Yesterday I played there and heard Ah ha ha, and You Hoo and a new bell sound. I wonder if something new is coming involving Fairies!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2019
    I honestly would really like to see a stuff pack similar to the sims 3 70's 80's & 90's stuff :)

That was the best stuff pack for Sims 3 in my mind next to High End Loft Stuff. I'd love one that just focused on the 80s and for the gameplay objects had some "Sims version" of fun items that were popular in that decade. Also, imagine the awesome 80s hairdos that could come with it! That would be sweet!
  • Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    > @annaliese39 said:
    > If it's not werewolves and witches and fairies, free babies and more stuff for teens or elders, more hobbies e.g. knitting and embroidery, a romance or beach vacation pack, then I'm not interested. Just kidding, kinda... honestly who knows after Strangerville? University would be so boring and predictable, at least for me, but I'll try to keep an open mind about it. I'm just excited we're finally getting something new (also, yay for bug fixes and laptops). :)

I agree. I would like something completely different, but very beneficial to the game lol. I would love and keep repeating that we need more hobbies for sure!
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I'm thinking
    EP: University or a tropical resort world
    GP: witches or another destination holiday (depending on whether the EP is a holiday one or not)
    SP: cars, with all the references to cars in GF it it's the only stuff pack I could guess based on something

I would love university but I really want a EP that's a blend of Freetime hobbies and Generations
    caitytrina.png