Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    This sounds exciting!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Thanks for giving options for those of us without Strangerville! LOL That's the one pack I'm skipping - it's just so far away from my jam, I can't justify spending the money to be a "completist."

That said, I already have tons of ideas for this with the rest of the packs. <3
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Great man caves everyone and good luck!
    The new challenge sounds fun :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations to @Allears on her sim and build for the Man Cave challenge being favored by Maxis!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats, @Allears!
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @gmcrozier and @SimTresa!!
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    Strange Coincidence! My current WIP is a decoy house with a basement apartment for a paranoid SIM. My IRL workload is too heavy so will sit out again for 116 I will be cheering for you! I'm sure your hideouts will be every bit as clever as the wonderful caves! WIP
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congrats on the favs @Allears! :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Congrats @Allears :)
    Thanks so much @13Vader and @chips46! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    You got a fav @Allears ? Good job...congrats!

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Thank you @jeswainston65! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    edited March 2019
    Entry deleted...I changed my mind. Sorry.
    Post edited by jeswainston65 on

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • FreshTostadasFreshTostadas Posts: 16 Member
    Hello everyone, I have a quick question about depreciated value. Let me know if this is not the right place to post questions, I can delete this post. But I built a lot for the challenge with the gallery value of 41,991 on a lot that costs 3,000. The total value should be 44,991 but in game it's showing as 44,756. I did play test the lot to make sure my sim could move everywhere and use everything but I don't know where the difference is from. I tried making a new game and placing the lot again without an active sim on the lot but it's still short on 235 simoleons short. I'm not using MOO so I'm stumped, any ideas as to why this is happening? Thank you
    I just want to be sure about the room challenge if we build the science lab in the basement are the stairs include in the price of the budget as well or not?
  • FreshTostadasFreshTostadas Posts: 16 Member
    Sorry I didn't realize you can't edit or delete posts, my mistake. But here is my entry for the official build challenge.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #116 - Safe House
    FORUM ID: FreshTostadas
    ORIGIN ID: FreshTostadas
    LEVEL:
    LOT: Cabin in the Woods h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE7C94C953A711E9840E7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=freshtostadas&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg)
    GALLERY COST: 41,991
    TOTAL COST: 44,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/5l2M2tm
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cabin in the woods built on ”The Summer Home” lot of Windenburg. The perfect place for someone with very specific needs, just another cabin that looks like it was here since the beginning and nothing, not one bit, strange about it. This unassuming one bedroom and one bathroom cottage is bigger on the inside. But you might want to see for yourself. #BnS116
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: @FreshTostadas
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: None
    TUMBLR LINK: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img]h ttps://i.imgur.com/uMZHuSX.png[/img]
    [img]h ttps://i.imgur.com/DnWbYkp.png[/img]
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Sorry I didn't realize you can't edit or delete posts, my mistake. But here is my entry for the official build challenge.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #116 - Safe House
    FORUM ID: FreshTostadas
    ORIGIN ID: FreshTostadas
    LEVEL:
    LOT: Cabin in the Woods https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE7C94C953A711E9840E7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=freshtostadas&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg)
    GALLERY COST: 41,991
    TOTAL COST: 44,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/5l2M2tm
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cabin in the woods built on ”The Summer Home” lot of Windenburg. The perfect place for someone with very specific needs, just another cabin that looks like it was here since the beginning and nothing, not one bit, strange about it. This unassuming one bedroom and one bathroom cottage is bigger on the inside. But you might want to see for yourself. #BnS116
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: @FreshTostadas
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: None
    TUMBLR LINK: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uMZHuSX.png
    DnWbYkp.png

@chips46 The only way the judges have to verify the cost of your room is to check the gallery price. Anything included in the room will be reflected. You could, of course, put your stairs in a small hallway outside of the room, and then it wouldn't be included in your saved room and the cost wouldn't be counted. :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    I just want to be sure about the room challenge if we build the science lab in the basement are the stairs include in the price of the budget as well or not?

If i recall properly, you can't save a room with stairs as they are technically in 2 floors, same as pools. Save the room and place it in a new lot for testing, you'll see the stairs aren't there. That's what I found, I maybe wrong.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Two Maxis favs, that's awesome! Congratulations @Allears

@BuildnShare does the budget still include the lot cost or is it gallery cost?
    I am struggling with this build, I don't have Strangerville and the science items I have are so expensive!
    Thanks so much @mannanna. Yes, it's exciting! :)

The lot cost is always included unless noted otherwise. So, in this case, the lot will have to be included. This challenge is turning out to be a fun one. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    13Vader wrote: »

If i recall properly, you can't save a room with stairs as they are technically in 2 floors, same as pools. Save the room and place it in a new lot for testing, you'll see the stairs aren't there. That's what I found, I maybe wrong.

You are totally right, the stairs don't save. I always do my upload-rooms without stairs, if you download, you have to build a separate staircase. You can tell in your description wether the room is meant to be in the basement.
    edited March 2019
    Allears wrote: »
    @chips46 The only way the judges have to verify the cost of your room is to check the gallery price. Anything included in the room will be reflected. You could, of course, put your stairs in a small hallway outside of the room, and then it wouldn't be included in your saved room and the cost wouldn't be counted. :)

Thanks @Allears I have a small room for the stairs outside of the main room I'm very happy I dont have to included the cost of the stairs to the main room so I have more to spend thank you Allears :)

13Vader wrote: »

I know stairs wont save in rooms and pools need to be separate from rooms I'm ok with that. Your right @13Vader stairs dont save in rooms just make a small room to place the stairs in. I thought we had to included the cost of the stairs although cannot be save. I'm all good now I have more to spend which is great :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

BW10795.png
    Attention STARTING OUT and ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS115 - The Man Cave

Your results are now available starting HERE

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all.. The Man Cave entries were all so Amazing..

Congratulations to the Winners !

Everyone was so creative !

I enjoyed seeing all the Builds for this one..

Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top