Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    This sounds interesting. Are sign ups open for this?
    Oh hamburgers!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2019
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS114 The Tables are Turned is closed!

GArBA5W.jpg
    HJbOEHw.png

It’s not that he seems unhappy, exactly, or even displeased with you. He just seems flat. As if there is no excitement or emotion there at all. “I’d like a cave,” Mr. Durtal says.

“Oh, I enjoy doing man caves! So much room for creativity. Sports memorabilia, wet bar, maybe some arcade games?”

But he shakes his head. “No, I mean a cave. Literally, a cave.”

“A cave?”

He nods.

“As in, a hole in a rock?”

He nods again. “A cave. Made habitable, of course. Curtains, table, chairs, bed… all natural materials that, well, look like they’d belong in a cave.”

Well, who are you to judge others’ interests, right? “Well, I admit, this is a first for me.”

“I love the idea of having a real cave,” he says. “Where I can… well, y’know, just be me.”

You think you know what he means and you really do not want that mental image. Though, speaking of image, this is not what you had in mind when Mr. Durtal sat down across from you. He seems so clean-cut, modern clothes, nothing about him screamed ‘caveman’.

“But, with walls, of course, yes?”

“Not necessarily. Look, I admit, I may not know exactly how to go about it, but I want to live in a cave. Like, you know, cavemen did. It’s just something I’ve always wanted to do.”

You fidget with your pencil. “Nothing modern at all?”

“Well… it could use some basic plumbing. A fridge would be nice, too. But make them look as ‘stone-agy’ as you can. Nothing overtly modern; no tv or anything.”

“So leather, furs, wood, definitely stone, and of course, fire,” you say as you start making notes.

“Exactly!” he says.

You put down the pencil and smile. “I think that’s all do-able, Nean.”

He seems surprised to hear it, and it’s sort of a relief to see some spark of emotion on his face at last. “Really?”

“Of course,” you say. “There is a reason people come to me, after all.”

He breaks into a wide grin. “This is amazing! You are the first architect who has accepted my request!”

“Oh? How many have you asked?”

“Twenty-seven,” he says.

“Ah.” Well, that explains his initial mood. “Well, I guess that makes me lucky number twenty-eight!”

The Brief
    • §80,000 budget
    • Create a “cave” house.
    • The basic needs of your sim must be met - hunger, bladder, hygiene, energy, fun - but you have wide leeway in how to meet them.
    • All items should be made to blend as much as possible with the theme. Avoid anything too overtly modern.
    • Landscaping must complement the theme.

Sim Challenge
    Create your cave client, Nean Durtal.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

Hi @Bubbz3388 There's a new challenge starting today! No need to sign up, just read the challenge description and submit your entry no later than 3/27. Let us know if you have any questions :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    OMG! I'm loving this new theme... Forget the renovation of my house, I'm doing this instead.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

Hi @Bubbz3388 There's a new challenge starting today! No need to sign up, just read the challenge description and submit your entry no later than 3/27. Let us know if you have any questions :)

Sounds good!! I’ll see if I can submit my entry in
    Oh hamburgers!
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    lionpaws wrote: »

My question now is weather you want to see my home, then I would load up the pictures somewhere to show you.

We would love to see the pictures of your home @lionpaws :)

I'm happy to show you my home :)

(this is not part of the challenge)

rF2wnNG.jpg

More pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/gtr0D5p

I love the new challenge very much too.
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    hey just wondering, is anyone else having problems using terrain paint? Since redownloading the Sims4 I have not been able to use the terrain paint. When I try it does not show! I am so sad, I cant seem to get it to work no matter what i do. has anyone else had this problem and fixed it successfully or am I doomed to a life without t.p.? :'(
  • TheSimStreamTheSimStream Posts: 39 Member
    @Pirate I've had the same thing. Found out that I was in laptop-mode, found in game options under graphics. When I changed it I could use my terrain paint again. Hope it helps for you too.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    OMG this Man Cave challenge is my kind of jam! I'm so on this. <3
    :) I'm almost done with the cave. Only thing that makes me worry is that I have more than 20k left in the budget.

Did I miss anything? Must the lot be secluded, so the client can run in his birth suit?
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @lionpaws The rules don't say anything about making it secluded, so that's up to you. And you aren't required to spend the whole budget - I think it's great that you were able to get everything done without having to scrimp! Be sure you include the price of the lot - that's always included unless noted otherwise. As long as you're sure everything is there that's supposed to be, you're fine.

I'm looking forward to seeing your entry! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    I have another question:
    Does a fishing hole on a lot transport through the gallery?
    It's fine when I place the lot from my library, but I remember issues that it wouldn't after being uploaded.
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    The new challenge sounds very exciting - can't wait to see the entries for this one! :smiley:

@lionpaws - Do you mean the fishing ponds from debug? As far as I know, they do transfer through the gallery. I've downloaded a lot with them in the past and they placed as they should :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    lionpaws wrote: »
    I have another question:
    Does a fishing hole on a lot transport through the gallery?
    It's fine when I place the lot from my library, but I remember issues that it wouldn't after being uploaded.

I've tested it as well. They do transfer through the gallery :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    So, as usual, this challenge has reminded me of one of the features I've long wished the Sims to have - being able to paint or do art without an easel or carving bench.

I know, "civilized" people use an easel or carving bench. :p I did it during art school. I have a Masters in art, and I still prefer to sit on the floor and work, with my work in my lap, the way our ancient ancestors did. :p

Come on, let's free our sims from the "proper" way of painting and carving! LOL
    @Cerrydd wait... You're telling me there's a way to put ponds on a lot? OMG! I need to find out more about this
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Ishizusv the fishing ponds from the game are in debug and are free and an awesome addition to the right build. For instance I used one in this build if you want to download and see how it works. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/807EECED253C11E98D020E70B7F05217?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SheriGR&max=50&maxis=false
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    So, as usual, this challenge has reminded me of one of the features I've long wished the Sims to have - being able to paint or do art without an easel or carving bench.

I know, "civilized" people use an easel or carving bench. :p I did it during art school. I have a Masters in art, and I still prefer to sit on the floor and work, with my work in my lap, the way our ancient ancestors did. :p

Come on, let's free our sims from the "proper" way of painting and carving! LOL

Rofl I was thinking at first you wanted to do cave paintings on the walls and ceilings, which would be totally awesome!!!!!!
    But your idea would be awesome, too--especially for kids!

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    @SimsIslandheart I can’t count the number of times I have come home to children drawing painting carving or what have you on the floor and then I realize their desks are completely stuffed with materials, my kitchen table is completely full of projects that are drying and they are not yet done creating!

Alternatively, all my furniture has been pushed aside and stacked up because somebody needed to practice a routine of some sort.

Sometimes models get set up and staged. . .

Thank goodness for floors I don’t know what we would ever do without them in my house!
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #115 - Man Cave

FORUM ID: sawdust
    ORIGIN ID: sawdust123
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Cave
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere
    GALLERY COST: $34,571
    TOTAL COST: $36,071
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's a small underground cave complete with cave paintings, hot spring and all a Sim needs to stay alive. Close to a private beach where one can fish or sit around a bonfire. (Please note that due to aesthetic choices the internal overhead shot shows little more than the shape of the cave. Unfortunately it can't be helped. I've tried to include enough pictures of the layout so you can get a good idea of how things relate to one another)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO

nTnjnRm.png

eoFYdDR.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2019
    @BuildnShare are we expecting more results from Sims Love Shack?
    FORUM ID: Ishizusv
    ORIGIN ID: Ishizusv
    LEVEL:
    LOT: h ttps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6EED9527487C11E985E17E6A61392AEA
    LOT COST: $ 1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-NoWhere
    GALLERY COST: $48,998
    TOTAL COST: $50,498
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://ishizusv-thesims.tumblr.com/post/183511479931/bns115
    ENTRY DETAILS: The cave is a bit under ground level. Since is a cave, the idea of having different rooms goes out of the non-existent window… this is a single-space living area. A curtain was placed on the entry. Inside we have a bed, a small table and chair, bathtube and sink, a small fireplace. Outside: camping area with a firepit and grill.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: Ishizusv
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: None
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Can't
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: h ttps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/97270233487411E987417E6A61392AEA
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://ishizusv-thesims.tumblr.com/post/183511790726/bns115sim
    ENTRY DETAILS: A guy that has the perfect presentation, impecable clothes and hair... But appareances can deceive because deep inside all that he wants is a life in the wild
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, why not.
    TUMBLR LINK:
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Ishizusv wrote: »
    LEVEL:
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6EED9527487C11E985E17E6A61392AEA
    LOT COST: $ 1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-NoWhere
    GALLERY COST: $48,998
    TOTAL COST: $50,498
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ishizusv-thesims.tumblr.com/post/183511479931/bns115
    ENTRY DETAILS: The cave is a bit under ground level. Since is a cave, the idea of having different rooms goes out of the non-existent window… this is a single-space living area. A curtain was placed on the entry. Inside we have a bed, a small table and chair, bathtube and sink, a small fireplace. Outside: camping area with a firepit and grill.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    TUMBLR LINK:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top