Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations, @Pinkusfamily and @honeygirl25! Well done! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Very cute house @Faoiltearna and congrats to the win!!!
    Congratulation to @honeygirl25 for winning with your cute dining room! I know you didn't have much competition but it was well deserved just the same.
    @Pinkusfamily, congrats to you too! I agree with you, it's fun to see all entries.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2019
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS113 – Love Shack

@Cerrydd
    RgVxlLA.png

Marrymakers is a wonderful romantic getaway! Such clean flowing lines. Great choice of colors, windows and textures for the exterior. Your interior rooms are well laid out and flow well. The interior colors work very well with the theme. The balcony is gorgeous and the privacy wall around the hot tub was a nice touch. The al fresco dining poolside is very romantic.

Suggestions: The landscaping seems a little sparce, I don’t understand why you used the wooden awning for the flower beds, the plants are cutting through the awning, perhaps a fence would have worked better here, or no border at all. The oak tree is also cutting into the roof. Around the hot tub you have the Bougainvillea on 3 sides, on at least 2 of the sides it is cutting into the hot tub. I question as to whether or not the hot tub will function properly when placed liked this, maybe you could extend the balcony by 1 square. Overall an outstanding build.

@AlJay
    khLjlsH.png

Honeymoon Hideaway is a very cozy and secluded hideaway. Your texture and color choices on the exterior look great and the landscaping is very well done. MOOing the couches together to make a sectional, makes for a very cozy seating area. The roses on the bed is an awesome touch. The layout is very efficient and looks like it would play well. Well done!

Suggestions: There were a few things that struck me about this build. The outside is very rustic and warm, however the interior is very modern and feels cold. Perhaps you could have used more traditional mixed with contemporary pieces on the interior. The white walls on the interior are very stark and a grey or tan color would have worked better for this build. My personal preference would have been that there would not be a TV in the bedroom, as this does not seem very romantic, but that is just my personal preference. Your exterior and landscaping were very well done, a cohesive interior would have put this build over the top!

@13Vader
    joJhhNr.png

Love by the Seaside is a beautiful seaside cottage. Your choice of exterior textures and colors give it a very welcoming and comfortable feel. The landscaping is well executed. Your floor plan is spacious and certainly would play well. Just enough clutter to make it feel lived in. The mix of traditional and contemporary furnishings is very pleasing. A very nice build, thank you for the tour.

Suggestions: My suggestions are very minimal. The small pond looks out of place and why would you need a fishing pond when you are on an island surrounded by water? I would have preferred a secluded seating area or even a BBQ area instead of the pond. Although I understand why you chose it (the wainscoting matches the living room), the kitchen tile doesn’t seem right. The kitchen is completely separated from the living area so you could have used a tile that matched the feel of the rest of the interior. A very beautiful build, well done!

Sim Challenge: The Meronas are a very attractive couple. The traits you chose for them should ensure a long and happy life together. Your story line and presentation is awesome. They seem to be a very fun loving couple. Excellent job!
    xQ7oXjI.png

@Mannanna
    wYbyvpy.png

Lover’s Lake Cottage is a very alluring cottage. Nice choice of colors and textures on the exterior. The picnic area toward the pond is a nice touch. The hot tub area on the left is very seductive. The open floor plan is great for game play. Your interior colors are very calming. The skylight in the living area is certainly an upgrade. Your object placement is great.

Suggestions: There are a few things that stood out to me. The back and right side exterior of the cottage feel neglected, especially since you obviously put a lot of thought and work into the front and left side. I also noticed that you put two shuttered windows on the back and one on the right, this is really confusing and out sync with the rest of the build. I am not a fan of the scaled up wildflowers on the front, the look out of proportion with the other plants. Your choice of furniture is very modern and feels out of touch with your exterior. A very nice build, great job!
    3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is .…

@13Vader
    All of the BnS judges are in agreement - it is time for you to move up to the Master level! Congratulations :)

mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@13Vader

mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats, @13Vader, on the win and the promotion! :)

image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! And congratulations @13Vader on moving up! Definitely well deserved 🙂
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @13Vader on your win in this challenge. Well deserved! And congratulations, too, on your advancement to the top level. Also very well deserved!!
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the promotion (BTW I agree with you about the pond, there was a fishing spot right on the beach. But 0 simoleons for a 10x10 squares surface sounded like a bargain :wink:) Thank you for your kind words @SimTresa, @AlJay and @Allears :smile:<3. And congrats to the winners on all the other categories. :smile:
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats @13Vader for placing first and also to your "bump up"!
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and extra congrats to @13Vader for moving up! :smiley:
    Thanks again @BuildnShare for the feedback! I always playtest my builds and the hot tub is fully functional ;)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    Congratulations, @13Vader an an excellent build and on your promotion! Well done! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Congrats to all the winners of BnS114, well done! <3<3<3
    And thank you judges for the helpful advice.
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    @Allears - Do only the Experts get their Sims judged then?
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited March 2019
    @MACDesign - OK I see what you're getting at now. All categories get judged. I'll turn in a report for you. Thanks for letting us know.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    HVCdrRO.png

Established SIM & ROOM Results for #BnS113 Love Shack

@SimsIslandheart
    dDBHwri.png
    Your Meronas are a lovely couple, and it's obvious they are enjoying their honeymoon getaway home! I love your presentation - thanks for including their skills and showing all of their outfits. Nice candid shots as well.

@MACDesign
    TfcF6N1.png
    Carlos and Betty are a handsome couple! Great job on their styles, and designing their outfits. Great candid shots - I especially like the ones of their romantic dinner in the little kitchen.

@SimTresa
    bk0Tz71.png
    Lovely couple! How sweet that they put out food for stray animals when they arrived <3 I enjoyed reading the story you wrote for them. Did we get to see all of their outfits? (It's not as easy to tell when they're shown throughout the story).

The Winner of this Challenge is …

@MACDesign
    8uhufii.png

3gHHX7s.png

@SimsIslandheart
    UqIYB78.png
    I love the richness of color in the room! It makes me think of red wine and chocolate - perfect for a romantic dinner. Great choice of rug to go with the red accents of the room. Use "Alt" when placing the curtains to make sure they are centered on the window (or, if they are centered, choose a slightly narrower window to fit).

@SimsIslandheart
    DniY6Jh.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited March 2019
    HVCdrRO.png

Established SIM & ROOM Results for #BnS113 Love Shack

@SimsIslandheart
    dDBHwri.png
    Your Meronas are a lovely couple, and it's obvious they are enjoying their honeymoon getaway home! I love your presentation - thanks for including their skills and showing all of their outfits. Nice candid shots as well.

@MACDesign
    TfcF6N1.png
    Carlos and Betty are a handsome couple! Great job on their styles, and designing their outfits. Great candid shots - I especially like the ones of their romantic dinner in the little kitchen.

@SimTresa
    bk0Tz71.png
    Lovely couple! How sweet that they put out food for stray animals when they arrived <3 I enjoyed reading the story you wrote for them. Did we get to see all of their outfits? (It's not as easy to tell when they're shown throughout the story).

@MACDesign
    8uhufii.png

3gHHX7s.png

@SimsIslandheart
    UqIYB78.png
    I love the richness of color in the room! It makes me think of red wine and chocolate - perfect for a romantic dinner. Great choice of rug to go with the red accents of the room. Use "Alt" when placing the curtains to make sure they are centered on the window (or, if they are centered, choose a slightly narrower window to fit).

@SimsIslandheart
    DniY6Jh.png

3gHHX7s.png

No, I think it was hot weather, swimwear, sleepwear, athletic and party. I need to be better about getting them in all their outfits, I know. I just don't want them overheating in summer.

Congrats, @SimsIslandheart and @MACDesign.
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations @MACDesign and @SimsIslandheart for your SIM and room wins!

@SimTresa I couldn’ t come up with a good excuse for all their outfits either! I ended up doing a little CAS collage with a few of the outfits like cold weather.
    @MACDesign and @SimsIslandheart Congratulations on your wins for your lovely and romantic rooms! <3<3
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    Wow, thanks everyone!! @SheriGR @JojoMOMSTER and of course @BuildnShare !!
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS114 The Tables Have Turned

@iampes23
    Before
    HaQmcbH.png]
    After
    LCPSPBG.png

Love the commentary along with your pics! It’s making me smile. Great MOO’d entertainment centers. The before certainly paints a dismal picture, but I’m really loving the bright updates. Gorgeous kitchen cabinets and great use of the upsizing tool on the braided rugs. The new exterior siding is a major upgrade. I love the pretty blue color. The new columns on the corners of the house give some much needed architectural interest. The makeover just gives everything a much more stylish and updated look. The dresser in Amy’s room is so perfectly decorated - love it!

Suggestions: Make sure you take your pics during sunny days. Lighting makes a real difference!

@swcheppes
    Before
    gVe6ovI.png]
    After
    wXVWv8s.png]
    It’s hard to picture what kind of transformation the home needs just from the before pics, but you’ve really given it quite the stylish update. I love the wallpaper in the living area and the industrial style of the new furnishings. Great MOO’d shelving unit with the slats behind. Love the built-in look of the refrigerator created by MOO as well. The arrangement of clutter items on the kitchen counter is just perfect. Cute and colorful kids room update. Love the new master, too. Everything is just elevated to a new style level. Great job!

Suggestions: Don’t forget to caption your photos - that really helps judges see the thoughts behind your decisions.

@SimTresa
    Before
    1CHBvCW.png
    After
    U2RKspU.png
    Great idea to paint the kitchen to match the hallway - it’s a good start when common rooms have a matching or tone-on-tone wall color. The new guest room has a lovely color palette and great choice of new furnishings. The pillows on the bed are very homey, and the spread coordinates very nicely with the curtains on the windows. The new basement is a very inviting hang-out space. Love the dart game and nectar cooler behind the bar.

Suggestions: Watch cabinet heights in the kitchen. It looks like the set over the coffee bar is lower than the ones in the kitchen (unless that’s true to RL).

@MACDesign
    Before
    M4Mi7pb.png
    After
    WSuxhWN.png]
    This farmhouse is so cute on its own, but I’m loving the modern update to the exterior colors. The landscaping looks more deliberate and stylish as well. Great job on the roofline. Love the new porch decorations and seating. Inside the new design is super stylish all around. You have a great eye for color and decor - definitely on the “expert” side of the decor scale. Those light fixtures over the kitchen bar are just perfect. You have a great balance of neutrals with color in the new design. Such a cute garage - love it. Kudos!

Suggestions: Some of your pics have the “fish bowl” effect from zooming out while in camera mode. Be careful not to zoom out too far. It’s better to take multiple pics from different angles than to distort the pic with too much zoom out.

@pammiechick
    Before
    GjvUOan.jpg
    After
    LIXAJtU.jpg
    What a gorgeous before house! This is a tough challenge when you have such a lovely starting point. I just want to dive into that pool out back! Great job on the rock feature on one side. The new family room is very understated and sophisticated. This looks like a great room for the entire family to enjoy. That new black and turquoise bedroom sure is sexy! Love the black and white bedroom - very stylish.

Suggestions: Be careful of oversaturating rooms with color. Sometimes an accent wall with a bold wallpaper is more impactful than covering the entire room. Don’t forget to make captions for your photos.

@SheriGR
    Before
    TG4ZrAy.jpg
    After
    hJery17.jpg
    Wow - a 7 bedroom duplex! You have your renovating work cut out for you. And there’s lots of “hidden” space with the enormous basement, too. I love the detailed “before” build. It looks like a typical family home with real, lived-in interiors. The update on the front is not too dramatic but greatly increases the curb appeal. Inside, the style is still homey but with a more updated look. I love the drama of the black kitchen cabinets. Fantastic studio/study for creative pursuits. The pink bedroom is super cute.

Suggestions: Watch photo angles - straight on/eye level shots are preferred to pictures taken from the level of the ceiling for room design shots.

@Allears
    Before
    sjNANt4.png
    After
    UEpw30K.png
    What an interesting house design. It almost looks mid-century modern event though I know its a manufactured home. Great job simulating the access doors to the maintenance crawlspace. There aren’t any glaring design needs in the before interiors other than a bit of a style enhancement. I love the contrast of the stone and wood siding in the updated version. Lovely new flower beds out front. The update to the dining room built-in is fantastic. Great new furniture choices even while keeping a similar color palette - you don’t have to change every little thing in an update! Super cute guest room.

Suggestions: Maybe experiment with different color palettes beyond the ones you’re most drawn to :)

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Entries.

@lionpaws
    Before
    k3fsMnP.jpg
    After
    blof2OT.jpg
    Great updates to your current look! I like the hair braids you experiment with for different looks. You new looks are also more daring in style with more pattern and color included. It’s a fresh update while still staying true to your basic design aesthetic.

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2019
    Reminder that there are no place awards for #BnS114, but every entrant receives a Maxis Fave nomination from BuildnShare. Thanks for sharing your Before and After homes/SimSelves with us :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2019
    @BuildnShare Thank you so much for your kind and helpful feedback! It's very useful and nice to hear details about your impressions and thoughts. Thank you for the time and efforts you put in to do so! <3 I kept thinking a viewer's head would blow up viewing all of the photos if I didn't economize a bit given the number of rooms. ;) I appreciate the encouragement to not look at it that way, also. I do use the upper-angle overly much, I agree, and that's a great point. It does give a much more attractive view to do it at 'eye level', and I appreciate your mentioning that this is your thought on this, as I learn a great deal from these suggestions. :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for your thoughts! It was such a fun challenge to do! <3

Looking forward to the next challenge (after man cave...ha!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS114 – The Tables Have Turned

@pronterus
    OlaxQ4F.jpg

Sim Challenge: Fantastic transformation from 'lame nerd to cool nerd', it's amazing what a difference a new hairstyle and change of wardrobe can make. I also find this boosts one's confidence and personality too, however a senior stylist does entail a higher cost! I had to smile looking at your before and after outfits, it's like a growth from boy to man resulting in a very stylish and sophisticated look.

@pronterus
    Before
    iKsWDiz.png
    After
    8JwFbTy.png

Room Challenge: Wow what an amazing redesign of your room, it looks so much bigger with all the clutter tidied up! Your old room is very interesting with all the different areas and there is certainly a lot of storage space with all the shelving. The red walls provide warmth and cosiness to the room and it's nice to see you've provided a space for your pet. The old bathroom looks great but would be even better with a lovely bath to soak in. Your new room has a lovely industrial vibe and the green and blue theme seems to bring the outdoors in, lovely masculine earthy colours. The whole room looks much tidier and better organised which I'm sure will result in increased productivity. Beautiful fresh new bathroom with all mod cons and the bath tub of your dreams.

@AlJay
    Before
    46Qp0Ud.png
    After
    dZo9Vmr.png

Wow, what a beautiful house you have, so lucky to build and design to your own specification. Wonderful combination of exterior finishes in siding and stonework and the glass fencing completes the modern style perfectly. The planted borders and pots add colour and interest and the high fencing provides much privacy to your rear garden. Your attention to detail is wonderful with the stone riverbeds for the downspouts and the toys left here and there really made me smile. The monotone theme of the interiors is very chic and stylish and the subtle pops of colour really bring it to life. I am not surprised you don't want to change anything, your home is stunning!

It is so lovely to see how you envisage your home in 15 years time when your children have grown and produced beautiful grandchildren for you to enjoy. The exteriors have been renovated wonderfully in lighter shades and I love the lavenders in the tall pots by the garage. Your planted borders are flourishing and it's good to see you have provided a play area for the grandchildren in the rear garden. The interiors look lovely with the soft tones yet have still retained the chic and stylish appearance. The salon has been transformed beautifully into an art studio where you no longer need to work but can enjoy your retirement creativity and I love the wall of travels in the basement, this will bring back many beautiful memories I am sure.

Suggestions: I always feel a build should blend in well with it's surroundings and this applies to terrain paint too. At the rear of your property, behind the garage, the painted path has quite a distinct line which would have looked more natural with the paint softened so as to blend in with the grass.

@mannanna
    Before
    Hmi0AtJ.png
    After
    UAzc8sn.png

You have such a beautiful ranch style home with ample space for parking and a very welcoming entrance with the pretty planted borders and front brick patio which looks a lovely quiet place to sit and watch the world go by. The backyard looks wonderfully peaceful and private behind the tall fencing and you certainly make great use of all the space. I absolutely love the pergola housing the bbq patio and seated area and can almost smell the beautiful scent of all the gorgeous plants. The interior design is stunning, I really like the interesting open plan layout with each area so well defined. The dark wood combined with the cosy fireplace gives it such a homely atmosphere, yet the light furnishings and fixtures provide much elegance. I love the sliding doors in the dining room, I always think they 'bring the garden indoors'. Your home is absolutely beautiful, looks so wonderfully tranquil and harmonic.

I was very pleased to see there is not much you'd like to change about your beautiful home as it looks so nice in it's original state. However I can see the changes you'd like to make do improve certain areas such as removing some concrete in the garden and replacing it with 'stepping stones'. A part roof over the pergola is such a good idea also as a means of shelter and moving the boat someplace else opens up more exterior space. Moving the kitchen sink to the window will lighten the task of dishwashing whilst viewing your gorgeous garden. The extra planting at the front really enhances the façade and provides much more interest here.

Suggestions: Make sure you always present your slideshows with overhead shots of site and floor plans so we can get a good view of the layout, this seemed to be missing in the remodel slideshow.

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top