Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I download Alexa app on my phone?

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
How to download it on my phone?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Alexa, Play The Sims.
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So if this wasn't paid/sponsored by Amazon, than how were they allowed to do this with all Amazon devices?

Install the Amazon Alexa app from your phone's app store

I don't know wich one to download. Wich is it?
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So if this wasn't paid/sponsored by Amazon, than how were they allowed to do this with all Amazon devices?

They did it with Alexa. Any device with Alexa should have it.

And who gave them permission to do that?

Install the Amazon Alexa app from your phone's app store

I don't know wich one to download. Wich is it?

Depends on your phone. There is one for android and one for IOS.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    I will post and quote the pictures of the Alexa app on the Google store and the Apple store, which simgirl1010 kindly posted in another thread.
    I have a Google Pixle 3. I downloaded the Alexa app from the Google Play store. You don't need an Amazon device to access the app.

Google Play store for Android.

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I will post and quote the pictures of the Alexa app on the Google store and the Apple store, which simgirl1010 kindly posted in another thread.
    I have a Google Pixle 3. I downloaded the Alexa app from the Google Play store. You don't need an Amazon device to access the app.

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

I'm in Switzerland and it doesn't work. :bawling:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    Hello

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

I'm curious if you cannot find the app on your phone's app store? Or are you not able to find the Sims Alexa Skill in the Alexa app? If its the latter, I wanted to inform that we are currently only available in English (US, UK, CA, IN, AU).

It could be that your Alexa app is set for a non English language. <-- just a guess.
    The App can also be downloaded from Amazon.com.
    Hello

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

I'm curious if you cannot find the app on your phone's app store? Or are you not able to find the Sims Alexa Skill in the Alexa app? If its the latter, I wanted to inform that we are currently only available in English (US, UK, CA, IN, AU).

It could be that your Alexa app is set for a non English language. <-- just a guess.

That the first one, I can't downlad the alexa app on play store.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    I was going to download the app on my s7, but after reading the most recent reviews I am rethinking it, lots of people saying there is huge problems with skills since December and although there has been updates since, its not fixed. Might just wait it out a bit ;)
    Hello

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

Try Amazon.com. You can also download it from there.
    Hello

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

Try Amazon.com. You can also download it from there.

Tried too. It leads me on Playstore.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Hello

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png

Oddly I cannot find Amazon Alexa on Google Play since I play Sims Mobile on my Android phone. I cannot find it anywhere and I have checked.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    How I can download the skill from AR
    Argentina
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    How I can download the skill from AR
    Argentina
    Its free! The skill is available on all Alexa enabled devices that support English locale (US, CA, UK, IN, AU).
    Don't have an Echo device? No problems! You can install the Alexa app for free on iOS and Android.
    From thread by @SimGuru0x00
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I was going to download the app on my s7, but after reading the most recent reviews I am rethinking it, lots of people saying there is huge problems with skills since December and although there has been updates since, its not fixed. Might just wait it out a bit ;)

I'm also from South Africa and it says on PlayStore that the app is not available in the country.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

I'm also from South Africa and it says on PlayStore that the app is not available in the country.

I live in New zealand, was born in South africa, but left 15 years ago, I am a Kiwi now :)

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I live in New zealand, was born in South africa, but left 15 years ago, I am a Kiwi now :)

We're thinking of moving there, too. It gets tougher here every day. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer