Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 2019
    @SmallAurelius if no one has shown you step-by-step and reposted you post with the gallery link by the time I get home, I will show you and add the link.

Housten, we have a problem. There's CC in the room and I didn't realise that it doesn't show up in the out-of-game gallery... that seems like a pickle.

Any advice for this, anyone?

Hi, @SmallAurelius :) I can see your build in the in-game gallery and have verified the cost. You're good to go :) If you can get a build link by sharing to Twitter or Facebook, go that route. If not, just put "Room Cost Verified - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16912233/#Comment_16912233" in the Room Link space on the Entry Form.

Sorry everyone for the incorrect challenge banner numbering. The next challenge in line was one that might need 3 weeks again and didn't want to do two 3-weekers in a row. That threw off the numbering, but it's been fixed now. Sorry for the confusion!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 2019

Can someone remind me where I find this pool decoration? image removed / thanks for the help!
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    I believe its under wall deco and it came with Get Together. Hope that helps :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Kementar , Thank You! Yest that will help.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #111 - Anchors Aweigh

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Bayou Beauty HouseboaBayou Beauty Houseboat
    t
    LOT COST: 2500
    LOT NAME: Potter's Splay
    GALLERY COST: 182,604
    TOTAL COST: 185104
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cxy246I
    ENTRY DETAILS: This houseboat was inspired by an image of a Cajun houseboat, so I thought Willow Creek would be the best place to build. It has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, with the guest bedroom and bath on the main deck. I tried to choose wall coverings and furniture that would make sense on a ship.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DD2wCuu.png
    tolsNHm.png
    image.png
    edited January 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    HOUSEHOLD:Buttercups
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/wNUNMF4
    ENTRY DETAILS: John Buttercups grew up on the sea, learning how to steer a ship and fish and everything else associated with living on the ocean form his parents. Cordelia lived on the coast but spent a lot of time at sea as well. The two met in High School and instantly hit it off, marrying as soon as they could and setting out to live their lives at sea as much as possible. When their first ship was badly damaged, it seemed the perfect time to have a houseboat built just for them.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    X8wxAAM.png
    OnEQAn8.png
    image.png
    edited January 2019
    fcuRqPI.png

Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS110 - Young Minds

Your results are now available starting here
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Hey everyone, been taking a break from this because I play in Laptop mode and as a result the terrain paint doesn't show on my builds - something vital for the BNS challenges. Hoping to get back into it but my builds might lack in terrain paints until there is a patch to solve the issue.
    edited January 2019
    Hey everyone, been taking a break from this because I play in Laptop mode and as a result the terrain paint doesn't show on my builds - something vital for the BNS challenges. Hoping to get back into it but my builds might lack in terrain paints until there is a patch to solve the issue.

I play on my laptop too. I can get terrain paints to show - just hold down the brush and go over the same spot two or three times. Also move the softness slider to the far left if that's not enough. It works better for some terrain paints than others, but it does work. Maybe the difference is I don't set it to laptop mode? Or a different graphics card.
    image.png
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: SmallAurelius
    ORIGIN ID: SmallAurelius
    LEVEL: -
    HOUSEHOLD: Link n/a due to CC - it's called Buttercups under my user SmallAurelius
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BIFJUQd

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Cap'n John Buttercups and his first mate/wife Cordelia love the freedom of the ocean and spending the many simoleons John got from selling deep-sea loot on improving their houseboat. Cordelia is often judged for being with such an older man, but she's not (just) a gold digger; more reserved than her other half yet also a nature lover, the fit is perfect with John self-assured enough for the both of them and the rest of their shared lifetime with a passion to share between them. They both have a decent tan and are fairly fit due to their outdoorsy lifestyle. John is still quite a babe despite his age, as his passion for life and his young wife keep him sprightly.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Cordelia with CC (face: S-Club WM, Eyelid 201702; S_MouthCornersN04; nose by RemusSirion)(formal: Simalicious ‘Rina’)(swim: pleyita Basic Intimates patterned). There was one other nose shadow thing but I couldn't find what CC item it was :disappointed:

TWITTER TAG: @SmallAurelius

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    En9uIHK.png
    fXP8mqb.png

Traits under spoiler
    kBbhNPw.png
    OSUhT0E.png

I had a question too - for the levels we get assigned, are they the same all for room/sim/and lot, or varying according to skill with each category?

Thanks for the challenge once again!
    Post edited by SmallAurelius on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: The Sirena
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Bathe DeRill - Windenburg
    GALLERY COST: $244,568
    TOTAL COST: $247,568
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Al7efWM
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Sirena is named after a mermaid that Captain John met back when he was scuba diving in Island Paradise. It is a luxury yacht with state of the art technology and can accommodate four crew members, one - two guests, as well as the boats owners.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All the art on the boat is made by myself, AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    C2DxtvR.png
    TbyyXLr.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2019
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Established
    ROOM: Sirena's Kitchen
    GALLERY COST:$17,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/EEdLm9i
    ENTRY DETAILS: The kitchen in The Sirena is a commercial kitchen big enough to handle the large dinner parties that Captain John likes to have. I used debug items so it appears as if the kitchen staff are preparing supper, most of the debug items will not show up in the gallery though.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FB9v0It.png
    CfIQ205.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

I play on my laptop too. I can get terrain paints to show - just hold down the brush and go over the same spot two or three times. Also move the softness slider to the far left if that's not enough. It works better for some terrain paints than others, but it does work. Maybe the difference is I don't set it to laptop mode? Or a different graphics card.

Hey!

Unfortunately there is a known bug where if you play on the specific 'laptop mode' the terrain paints don't show. If I turn off laptop mode they would show but I don't want my laptop to crash during gameplay! My graphics card is perfectly fine and worked before the bug so I know it can't be that! I can only hope they bring out a new patch to fix it :(
    SimTresa wrote: »

Hey!

Unfortunately there is a known bug where if you play on the specific 'laptop mode' the terrain paints don't show. If I turn off laptop mode they would show but I don't want my laptop to crash during gameplay! My graphics card is perfectly fine and worked before the bug so I know it can't be that! I can only hope they bring out a new patch to fix it :(

Oh I hadn't realized it was a specific model that the bug affected. Hope they fix it so you can join the challenge!
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL:Starting out
    HOUSEHOLD: Cap John and Cordelia
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS111 Anchors Aweigh SIM Entry
    ENTRY DETAILS: Captain John and Cordelia take the summer off to travel aboard their boat. Here they are in their practical nautical attire.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, my focus is on proper presentation, if possible would like directed coaching regarding aspects of building the best possible presentation.
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

5KtIFwL.png
    ATnZvzU.png
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member

FORUM ID: PhantasmKiss
    ORIGIN ID: PhantasmKiss
    LOT: Private Lakehouse
    LOT COST: §12,000
    LOT NAME: Dresden House, Windenburg
    GALLERY COST: §287,883
    TOTAL COST: §299,883
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://phantasmkiss.tumblr.com/post/182179044888/private-lakehouse
    ENTRY DETAILS: For this build, I attempted realism. I didn't want my boat to feel landlocked, so a lot of the budget was spent on water. The end result is a small yacht with three bedrooms and three bathrooms which looks like it could take at least a bit of a turn around a private lake. Rooms are small, with as much function to each as possible. More information is on my tumblr, linked above.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes; This is my first entry into a Build-N-Share competition and my first time working with a budget, so I'd like to know how I did allocating simoleons. For example; was the giant lake a good decision, despite how small the yacht ended up?
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #NoCC
    TUMBLR LINK: https://phantasmkiss.tumblr.com/
    PICTURES:

tumblr_inline_plnqetG9gg1ukb6nu_1280.png
    tumblr_inline_plnr5qXXAY1ukb6nu_1280.png
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL:Starting out
    LOT: Carpe Aestas
    LOT COST:12000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head, Brindleton Bay
    GALLERY COST: 287980
    TOTAL COST: 299980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: Carpe Aestas is where Captain John, the crew, and Nautico spend their summer on board or touring around the various worlds.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:I hope navigability is not going to be the acid test for this. Constructive criticism for all aspects as applicable please, build, photography and presentation
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    78Od3M8.png

L5FiUCu.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @BuildnShare Help please! Need a clarification. Re: The Room Challenge, Chef's Galley Kitchen. On the instructions on page 1 the budget is $15,000 - On page 308 the instructions show $18,000.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: psykt
    ORIGIN ID: saramonster
    LEVEL: Assign me a level please
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DAC7AC881D7C11E98948DCDB07AD48B5
    LOT COST: $8.500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle point
    GALLERY COST: $257 679
    TOTAL COST: $266 179
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/lCkmKBU
    ENTRY DETAILS: This yacht is perfect for the modern captain. The yacht is located in Newcrest on a lake, and consists of 3 different levels. The lower level rooms the galley kitchen, dining room, office space, music room, a second living area, a guest bedroom, a bathroom and the crew's quarters with beds and a bathroom. The middle level is the primary entertaining area, with modern but classic seating furniture, a big library and a bar to match. The third level is the master suite and ensuite, with closet space and seating. All the levels have huge decks with lots of seating space.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes plz
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No mods
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bJ3odn1.jpg
    HO4i5pc.jpg
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    Allears wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Help please! Need a clarification. Re: The Room Challenge, Chef's Galley Kitchen. On the instructions on page 1 the budget is $15,000 - On page 308 the instructions show $18,000.

Sorry about that! I'm going to change the page 1 budget to $18,000. :s
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Thanks so much!! Whew!!! I don't have to redo my entry!
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    ROOM: Buttercups' Galley https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/511A1ED01DB611E98C7105DB1F9D54CF?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SassiLassi&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $17,965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/OOitRh9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Galley with eat-in dining space designed with plenty of storage. Lots of space in the cooking area for more than one cook. Most items are kept stored behind doors for safety in case of choppy seas. For convenience, some items are left out on shelves with safety bars. Large windows allow for great views while eating, and also while at the sink.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

adkEhR5.png

QzNK8w7.png
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    I have a doubt, @BuildnShare... Is it ok to have more than 2 bathrooms?
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    13Vader wrote: »
    I have a doubt, @BuildnShare... Is it ok to have more than 2 bathrooms?

@13Vader 2 bathrooms is the minimum, you may have more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top