Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actor not famous?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Eventually, I want to do a gameplay with a famous doctor resembling "Dr. Mike" (If you don't know who that is, look up this hottie doctor on Instagram) I will have to do social media because I don't think there is anything within the doctor career that would gain him fame points. Am I wrong?

Sim Guru Graham suggested taking a drone to work in the Doctor career and be creative.

Which is fine, but still points back to your sim will be famous for being a streamer/youtuber

I believe there is a perk that allows your sims to get fame opportunities in regular jobs. Sometimes you must get a pop up similar to jungle adventures and you will get fame from it. When I played it my sim got a full fame star.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Eventually, I want to do a gameplay with a famous doctor resembling "Dr. Mike" (If you don't know who that is, look up this hottie doctor on Instagram) I will have to do social media because I don't think there is anything within the doctor career that would gain him fame points. Am I wrong?

He could be a writer on the side since you want him to be a serious actor. He will gain fame from publishing his books, he could write about acting or his life as an actor or poetry or all three. Then he can go to a lounge at talent night and read his books (make a copy of the books before you publish) out loud on the microphone (or anywhere else you decide to put a mic, like say a cafe or library maybe) for the public for more fame - if you happen to have a book club that meets there or something that might even be more helpful and add to the over all story line.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Gaining fame in this expansion is plum hard. Heck, even being a SimsTuber only brings a small amount of fame points.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Nectere wrote: »

He could be a writer on the side since you want him to be a serious actor. He will gain fame from publishing his books, he could write about acting or his life as an actor or poetry or all three. Then he can go to a lounge at talent night and read his books (make a copy of the books before you publish) out loud on the microphone (or anywhere else you decide to put a mic, like say a cafe or library maybe) for the public for more fame - if you happen to have a book club that meets there or something that might even be more helpful and add to the over all story line.

He's a doctor, not an actor...
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

the thing is in real life, how many doctors are famous, you know beyond their own field, if they don't at least write books or have some tv or youtube show?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    I think this makes sense that you can be a great actor but not very famous. In RL, there are tons of actors that are have given a great performance (great at acting) but not "famous." In order to be famous you have to be in the public eye, not just good at what you do. Just look at the Kardashians - they are famous for being famous.

You also have the character actors who are good at what they do but they're not necessarily a household name. Maybe you're the "best friend" in the romantic comedy, or like Flo in the Progressive insurance ads, or Mr. Whipple for Charmin toilet paper. People recognize you for your character, not necessarily your real name.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Gaining fame in this expansion is plum hard. Heck, even being a SimsTuber only brings a small amount of fame points.

I have two artists who are slowly climbing the fame ladder; one is a style influencer but she also paints to bring in extra money and fame chances, while the other is in the actual painter career but both sell most of their works (they're trying for a bigger house now that they've had their first baby). He just hit level 3 Fame, she's stuck on level 2 for now (once they move I'll set up a studio so she can vlog from home) and their son Albert was born as a Notable Newcomer. Once Albert ages to a toddler (so I can choose his trait) I'll likely rotate away from him and start playing Johnny Zest and his climb to become a famous comedian. It'll be a while before I try the actual acting career.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    liliaeth wrote: »

the thing is in real life, how many doctors are famous, you know beyond their own field, if they don't at least write books or have some tv or youtube show?

He does have a youtube show...

Dr. Mike is pretty famous for the most part. Of course not everyone knows him but he has millions of viewers
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    .... I started having him do some more things to gain fame but my story is that he just wants to be a serious actor...and not care about the celebrity aspect.

My apologies on the writing suggestion then for the serious side, thats really the only way I know to keep it 'real' as both a serious actor or a serious medical professional or any other other working professional - by becoming a published author/painter/musician and gaming the fame system that way without doing the social or celebrity side of things.

Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    .... I started having him do some more things to gain fame but my story is that he just wants to be a serious actor...and not care about the celebrity aspect.

My apologies on the writing suggestion then for the serious side, thats really the only way I know to keep it 'real' as both a serious actor or a serious medical professional or any other other working professional - by becoming a published author/painter/musician and gaming the fame system that way without doing the social or celebrity side of things.

I am sorry for the confusion but I was referring to two completely different gameplays in those comments. Honest mistake! sorry!