Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is my best place to live in but how can I delete this annoying violin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWVjcT0P2dE

This is the result from using cheat,"set as a head'. It just copies the violin and the real one is still out of the lot. I moved to a celebrity home in Dell Sol Valley but the house is way too big for my family. I moved to a big Pent House in San Mychuno but I realized the apartment life is not my flavor. I had a look many residential places in Windenburg but I couldn't find a good one. The lots are mostly 20*30 and I prefer the ones between 30*30 and 40*40. So I just want to move back to this lot but I really don't want to hear other Npc sims play that violin outside of the house.

12.png

Is there any other way to delete this violin? I like to live at the seaside. I just found a good spot in Windenburg but it was set as a park. I don't really want to ruin the community lots for my sim household. Also my sim has lots of friends at the moment, I don't want to start as a new game for this issue. Because it's hard to build relationship newly from the beginning.

Comments

• Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    That violin has to have an owner. Unless you deleted them or they died, there is someone in that save that can pick up that violin and take it away. That's about the one thing I figure.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    times like this it can be good to have a playable kleptomaniac sim with a high level of mischief. as long as nobody else is around to see it, they should be able to steal that violin so it will no longer stay there forever (...had to do that with dirty dishes that somehow wound up off-lot in the past)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    That violin has to have an owner. Unless you deleted them or they died, there is someone in that save that can pick up that violin and take it away. That's about the one thing I figure.

The owner is my sim. Even he is not able to put it in his inventory because his friend sim was playing that violin in my sim's house and then she left it just before disappearing for going home.
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    times like this it can be good to have a playable kleptomaniac sim with a high level of mischief. as long as nobody else is around to see it, they should be able to steal that violin so it will no longer stay there forever (...had to do that with dirty dishes that somehow wound up off-lot in the past)

That's awesome idea. I will try this one. thanks very much.

• Options
    I gave the kleptomaniac trait to my daddy sim and his daughter sim. Unfortunately, I couldn't still the violin. :(

36.png

I tried this with his daughter sim but no interaction.

37.png

I let my dad sim break into the empty home which he used to live in with vampiric entrance power. It's available to attempt to steal. the sofa.

38.png

Not available to steal the violin. :(

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Is your mischief skill all the way up on your sim. Usually you can swipe more and bigger things with a higher skill when you have the kelpto trait.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    First try putting it back on your head and deleting it while its on your head, there are several methods (here is a cheat code: objects.remove_object_set_as_head) If that doesn't work then it looks like you may need to use a script mod to get rid of this using 'destroy object' or go to a back up save if possible in your saves folder (slot file). There is an old script mod on MTS that still functions (enable debug cheats) I think.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Is your mischief skill all the way up on your sim. Usually you can swipe more and bigger things with a higher skill when you have the kelpto trait.

Yes his daddy sim has completed mischief skill

• Options
    Nectere wrote: »
    First try putting it back on your head and deleting it while its on your head, there are several methods (here is a cheat code: objects.remove_object_set_as_head) If that doesn't work then it looks like you may need to use a script mod to get rid of this using 'destroy object' or go to a back up save if possible in your saves folder (slot file). There is an old script mod on MTS that still functions (enable debug cheats) I think.

Deleting the object while putting on head is not working because it just copies the original one. The original one is still there. I've tried this way before. It has been so long since I got that bug..maybe in July? It won't be easy to get back to that old saves and now he recently married and has triple twins children with his wife. I don't want to lose this relationship and his current actor career. I will try the script mod you recommended. I found that page in MTS. I appreciate your caring.

• Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Maybe try repairing your game? That might fix the problem..

@rosemow might know what to suggest. :)
  • Options
    kgmumpkgmump Posts: 1 New Member
    Silly question, but have you tried editing the house in map view and just deleting the violin there? If that doesn't work you might have to put bb.testingcheats on and resetting the object. That should fix it.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    If you use MCCC, you can enable debug cheats, then shift click the violin and delete it.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that is so very weird and absolutely frustrating. klepto should have worked there, esp since he was able to swipe that chair (there's a cooldown before they can steal again if they stole something, but i don't think you had your sim steal the chair before going for the violin)

as the above person stated, mccc might be the best bet for it, but it's annoying that you'd have to use a mod to get rid of something like that (also, be aware that if you do install the mod, your married sims will all be given the husband's family name, if they don't already have it. that annoys me)