Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways to Earn Fame - The Quicker the Better

I have tried researching how to earn fame quickly and I’ve had little luck.

My sim is an actress and she’s done 4+ gigs successfully but she is only a one star celebrity.

Things I’ve done:
Live streaming
Writing comedy routines/performing
Singing in public
Simstigram (spelling?)
Selling and posting photos (a lot)
Making blogs/uploading edited videos
Donating to charity
Flaunting wealth
(Maybe other things I’ve forgotten)

Also, how do you even befriend a celebrity? I’ve tried what feels like everything.

Someone please link or list ways to earn fame because it’s not “fun” right now. I’m doing so many “fame” things and I’m hardly making a dent.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    Here is a spreadsheet of all the ways to earn fame.

My sim reached 3 stars pretty quickly by livestreaming while he was painting, and then selling the paintings. The quickest way to go from 3 to 5 is to buy the perk that lets you donate objects and then donate a bunch of expensive objects, of course, doing that would require money : )
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Here is a spreadsheet of all the ways to earn fame.

My sim reached 3 stars pretty quickly by livestreaming while he was painting, and then selling the paintings. The quickest way to go from 3 to 5 is to buy the perk that lets you donate objects and then donate a bunch of expensive objects, of course, doing that would require money : )

I’m having problems opening the spreadsheet.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2018
    I took my sim to 4 stars without (much) acting or uploading any videos. But it has been a slow process!! She didn't have enough money to donate a lot of objects and I wanted to try "old school" fame without using a drone. For her it was primarily performing in public and licensing songs. She also won an award, although it was a little hard to figure out how much that increased her fame. She has the perk that increases her royalties (and I think fame?) through licensed/skill items--songs, paintings etc.

She also has the perk that increases her fame when she interacts with other celebrities, but I was unclear how that worked. Did that mean only the interactions that were listed as increasing fame? Or friending another celebrity? In some cases the only "fame" listed interaction was "Give Repair Tips" which seemed a little odd.

In terms of performing in public, the most important factors seem to be skill level and number of sims watching. Skill level seems to be very key. So rather than doing a lot of different fame-based things at lower skill levels, hone your sim's skill in one area first. It appeared to me that the difference between say, acquiring fame at skill level 7 vs 9 was significant - faster at higher levels. This is just my impression I haven't looked at any of the spreadsheets yet.

Also, make sure your sim goes to an area where there are a lot of sims milling about. For the first couple levels of fame, the fame uptick comes every time they are tipped. At higher levels, simply doing anything in public increases fame, including posing for photos, dancing, or playing an instrument.
  • Options
    youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I’ve got a household of four different sims all trying to be famous in different ways (an actor, a style influencer, a travel/cooking blogger and a social media personality) and the one who gained fame the quickest was the social media one. I think it’s mostly bc so many of her jobs tasks are fake gaining tasks. And the goals of how many followers she needs to be promoted makes me have to have her do sooooo many of those interactions that she gained a first star of fame very very quickly while my actor sim keeps losing her first start bc her gigs aren’t getting her enough fame yet. I know that’ll change soon as she gets promoted and gets tv gigs and such but yeah. That’s my experience so far.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    For me, once I had my Sim reach level 3 of fame, it was easier to get to level 5. But getting from 1 to 3 is really challenging. My Sim had a drone and I had her do several livestreams. There's also a perk, I think the networking track.....but basically you can ask a celebrity or anyone, to hype up anyone in your household, including your Sim....& that's a quick way to boost fame.

My current household I'm playing, my Sim is a comedian. It's been a struggle to get fame going for him....as he's not even level 1 yet. But I started doing the live streaming as he does his comedy routines....and it's starting to boost faster.

Out of all ways...I'd say live streams is the fastest boost.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I found for my fledgling rather by accident that she gained fame just from doing the things she had been doing all along, performing in public and selling paintings.

I am kind of curious how to navigate not becoming famous and just continuing to be a free agent instead.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I found for my fledgling rather by accident that she gained fame just from doing the things she had been doing all along, performing in public and selling paintings.

I am kind of curious how to navigate not becoming famous and just continuing to be a free agent instead.

That's what opting out of fame is for. I've got two families whom I don't want to become famous. I opted them out, and now whiele they could still say sell photos, they won't game fame form it.
    image.png
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I have two sims doing the two new jobs although my actress no longer really work. Mostly they use social media drone for their fame. She pretty much stream 24 hours all day so her fame came really quick once that option became available. My male sim is slow progress but I think it's because I have him being good when he really is a bit of an 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    LazyRabbit477LazyRabbit477 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've found the social media career with the internet personality branch was a good route. It unlocks a lot of quick interactions that increase fame which you use a lot as part of the career. Internet personality unlocks live streams which are very useful. Id start streaming with a drone, while livestreaming games which kind of worked.

I've tried painting and writing. I got higher faster by publishing books but it takes a long time to write and paint, and its hard to tell what interactions provide more fame. I know promotions in the acting career and proposing provide more fame because the icon next to the sim when theyre performed is ++

Thanks to @Cupid for the awesome spreadsheet. I now now what other fame interactions I can try out
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Publishing books is surprisingly quick to bump up fame at a certain point. My author sim has published a few and he has 1 star now. His wife is a painter, and in my experience, selling paintings to collectors doesn't build fame as fast.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Publishing books is surprisingly quick to bump up fame at a certain point. My author sim has published a few and he has 1 star now. His wife is a painter, and in my experience, selling paintings to collectors doesn't build fame as fast.

Yup I noticed it too. Author sims
    earns a a boost in fame especially when they published a beat Seller
  • Options
    MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    I have a question:
    at one point, my famous Sim had the option to propose, but as a fame-boosting proposal. I don't quite remember the exact situation, but at that moment I didn't want her to propose yet, but now I'd love to make her have a celebrity proposal. Except now it's back to normal and proposing doesn't have the +Fame boost any more.

How do I get the fame boost to proposing? Do I have to stage something somehow?
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I have a question:
    at one point, my famous Sim had the option to propose, but as a fame-boosting proposal. I don't quite remember the exact situation, but at that moment I didn't want her to propose yet, but now I'd love to make her have a celebrity proposal. Except now it's back to normal and proposing doesn't have the +Fame boost any more.

How do I get the fame boost to proposing? Do I have to stage something somehow?

Wow, that would be cool. My Global Superstar never had that option. Trust me, the guy was engaged three times before he made it down the aisle or should I say made it to the wedding arch? First and second engagement was to the very same Sim, who promised him she would stop having meltdowns anytime he signed an autograph or 'played' flirty back to a female Sim. Basically, she lied and her punishment was to never see the inside of a wedding venue, nor did she ever set foot in City Hall for that quickie wedding. Second one, he called off at the wedding venue, because his fiancée brought the Paparazzi with her, when they had agreed on a 'quiet' family wedding and one of the hired help decided to flirt with him, causing his weak knees to give way. Of course this was all caught on film, risking his Pristine Reputation. That's when he realized he wasn't truly in love with her. So, he made an announcement to the guests that the bride was having second thoughts, and who could blame her? He thanked them for turning out, asked them to please stay and enjoy the refreshments and the dance floor and he quietly left.

I would love to have had such an option. I hope you find it again!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PatronOfTheUnfoldingPatronOfTheUnfolding Posts: 4 New Member
    Im surprised noone has mentioned this yet. I had a few sims doing just as all you have mentioned. I couldnt seem to get them to level 2. Then one night we got an invite to a rave at the bluffs and my one sim who just got to level 8 in djing grabbed the tables before the actual hired dj could. That evening she made it to level 2 in fame. Two more sim days she became "proper celeb"! .. yeah try dropping down that nasty sound! Even at a club or your own social event some booths you can store around.