Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when will my sim become rich?

My sim is a 4 star celebrity with $9,000 to her name living in the slums. Each movie is only making her about 6-7k. Shouldn’t movies be worth 15-20k at least? It’s killing the realism for me..how will she ever get to the celebrity homes?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    My sim is a 4 star celebrity with $9,000 to her name living in the slums. Each movie is only making her about 6-7k. Shouldn’t movies be worth 15-20k at least? It’s killing the realism for me..how will she ever get to the celebrity homes?

Hate to say it but motherlode is still the best way to go.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I have one sim with at least 50k and she's been doing gigs and saving up money to buy above home. (having her save and throw it in a vault) I tend to have sims move into empty homes with no furnishing.

You'll probably get more when you get to be a superstar.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PinkMoonlightPinkMoonlight Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > I have one sim with at least 50k and she's been doing gigs and saving up money to buy above home. (having her save and throw it in a vault) I tend to have sims move into empty homes with no furnishing.
    >
    > You'll probably get more when you get to be a superstar.

I've had a lot of trouble with the vault. I put 9,000,000 in my vault (old money), and my household bills went up to 450k.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I just don’t want to use motherlode because I like to play without cheating but it just doesn’t feel realistic to me that she’s a 4 star celebrity living in the slums. I want to throw celebrity parties but they all cram into her tiny home lol
  • SolipsySolipsy Posts: 29 Member
    If your Sim buys the money tree seed and grows it, you can move the tree into household inventory when it's in bloom, and the "seeds" will come off and separate. Voila! You now have up to seven more. You can then plant those, do the same thing, and soon you'll have a greenhouse of money trees. Each "perfect" tree will pay 31,000 Simoleons every day. Even when newly planted, once it's grown, it will give ~16,000 Simoleons. I have maxed out the money limit at 9,999,999, and I stay there. It's crazy, but it works. Sooooo, rack up satisfaction points, buy a money tree seed from rewards, and within a few sim-weeks, you'll be sitting on giant piles of cash so big you can't even begin to spend it fast enough.

Notes;

*I have every expansion, game, and stuff pack.

* I play with no mods, and I only use "cheats" to "ResetSim" if I have to. Anything the game "allows" without cheating, is "fair game!" You don't need to cheat to do the money-tree thing.

*Obviously, this assumes you have a great gardener in your household.
  • becca_xobecca_xo Posts: 149 Member
    I have a 3-star celebrity and I'm pretty sure most of her income is from the videos she records/posts rather than the money she gets from acting gigs.
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    What level is she in the acting career?
    Update: my sim is now a 5 star celebrity and level 10 in the acting career and the most she can make off a gig is $6,500 even though under her career panel it says medium gig pay is $9,800. Am I doing something wrong. I really don’t see how I would ever get her to the pinnacles at this rate. Good thing I have aging off.
  • ShadersShaders Posts: 1 New Member
    > @yupp said:
    > Update: my sim is now a 5 star celebrity and level 10 in the acting career and the most she can make off a gig is $6,500 even though under her career panel it says medium gig pay is $9,800. Am I doing something wrong. I really don’t see how I would ever get her to the pinnacles at this rate. Good thing I have aging off.

Yeah, same. I have don't quite a few gigs after hitting 5 stars. My median pay is $9,800. I have both celebrity aspirations done and I'm still only getting $6,500 per gig and that's only if I go along. If I send her alone I get half that. I currently have a little over 100,000, but I play on long life time so shes been saving up for a looong while. Plus, her spouse has become a celebrity comedian. None the less, it's been along enough and still can't afford a mansion. I have purchased some money trees for extra help.
    Shaders wrote: »
    > @yupp said:
    > Update: my sim is now a 5 star celebrity and level 10 in the acting career and the most she can make off a gig is $6,500 even though under her career panel it says medium gig pay is $9,800. Am I doing something wrong. I really don’t see how I would ever get her to the pinnacles at this rate. Good thing I have aging off.

Yeah, same. I have don't quite a few gigs after hitting 5 stars. My median pay is $9,800. I have both celebrity aspirations done and I'm still only getting $6,500 per gig and that's only if I go along. If I send her alone I get half that. I currently have a little over 100,000, but I play on long life time so shes been saving up for a looong while. Plus, her spouse has become a celebrity comedian. None the less, it's been along enough and still can't afford a mansion. I have purchased some money trees for extra help.

Ok as long as I’m not doing something wrong. It’s kind of ruining the experience for me because it’s taking way too long to become rich. $6500 is not much for a gig seeing as it takes 2-3 days before your sim goes to the actual gig and makes the money. So that $6500 is really only about $2200-$3200 a day. That’s not much.

• phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2018
    > @yupp said:

Ok as long as I’m not doing something wrong. It’s kind of ruining the experience for me because it’s taking way too long to become rich. $6500 is not much for a gig seeing as it takes 2-3 days before your sim goes to the actual gig and makes the money. So that $6500 is really only about $2200-$3200 a day. That’s not much.

Agreed they really should make the audition to filming day reduced by one day if you have the celeb perk, AND they should bump up the gig pay to 9,800 for high end gigs, AND they should allow the easy street perk to double the pay check (like its suppose to!!!!!) at the end AFTER the talent agency has already increased it.

Around 20k a gig if you are a 5 star (with the right perks) level 10 actor would honestly seem kinda fair (instead of the measly 6-8k we currently get). At the very least let us work one more day a week.

Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

> @yupp said:

Agreed they really should make the audition to filming day reduced by one day if you have the celeb perk, AND they should bump up the gig pay to 9,800 for high end gigs, AND they should allow the easy street perk to double the pay check (like its suppose to!!!!!) at the end AFTER the talent agency has already increased it.

Around 20k a gig if you are a 5 star (with the right perks) level 10 actor would honestly seem kinda fair (instead of the measly 6-8k we currently get). At the very least let us work one more day a week.

I completely agree. I might just have to cheat and give my sim more money with each gig using kaching
    > @yupp said:

I completely agree. I might just have to cheat and give my sim more money with each gig using kaching

I wonder if the audition perk and the easy street perk both not working with the actor career is an oversight. Easy street just doesn't work at all (or so I have heard and read on this forum).

Warning: now is the time I go on a rant because I love the career and how it works I just hate some of the decisions that are apart of it.

The audition perk does let you skip the audition but still requires you to take an additional day for it meaning you still have two days before the shoot regardless. Like...whats the point then? Having the time between picking a job and shooting reduced by one day means you get to do at least one more shoot a week (up to three from two). Equaling roughly 50% pay increase by current standards. Plus you get more time actually acting in front of the camera which is 99% of the fun honestly. Currently we get an audition day, one prep day and the day of the shooting. Assuming you book a gig immediately when you get home (which you should) that means you only get to go work twice a week. Taking a whole 6 days to do two shoots. With only two of those days actually being used to work. Also why can't we overlap gigs so we can work them back to back if we want?

EDIT: I had a section here where I broke down the math behind how much money you can actually make and compared it to other careers. But I want to hold off on posting it until I hit max level and see how much the highest end movies pay. My current not entirely informed opinion is assuming its around 6500~ which gets bumped to 7,200~ from the talent agency which puts it at 14,400~ which puts it on par with the highest paying base game career. BUT you get raises in base careers and GTW careers. These add up over time and I don't think you get raises in the actor career. I was pulling in 3,500 a day before my doctor vampire sim got fired for feeding on patients (he just couldn't keep his fangs to himself!). <--this is all my observations and opinions I won't know for sure until I max out the career, I'm currently 9 and getting paid the same amount as 8.

ALSO WHY IS MEDIAN GIG PAY LISTED AS 9,800?
    Median pay or salary is the mid point of a distribution of payments or salaries. Meaning if you get payed this YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTRIBUTION. Meaning there are payouts less than this and payouts more than this. My current offerings are 8 gigs minimum of 490 maximum of 6,500. My median pay at level 9 is 9,800. This makes no sense. Why state such a high value as a median if you will never see it at all? Its a median....there should be gigs offering much higher paychecks than even the 9,800$ we already don't have the option of getting.

/rant

Anyways! I'm sure most are aware but in the mean time you could use the last talent agency (well suited) to bump up the pay. Most of my gigs are 6,500 but I get a increase to around 7,200 which is nice.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

> @yupp said:

I wonder if the audition perk and the easy street perk both not working with the actor career is an oversight. Easy street just doesn't work at all (or so I have heard and read on this forum).

Warning: now is the time I go on a rant because I love the career and how it works I just hate some of the decisions that are apart of it.

The audition perk does let you skip the audition but still requires you to take an additional day for it meaning you still have two days before the shoot regardless. Like...whats the point then? Having the time between picking a job and shooting reduced by one day means you get to do at least one more shoot a week (up to three from two). Equaling roughly 50% pay increase by current standards. Plus you get more time actually acting in front of the camera which is 99% of the fun honestly. Currently we get an audition day, one prep day and the day of the shooting. Assuming you book a gig immediately when you get home (which you should) that means you only get to go work twice a week. Taking a whole 6 days to do two shoots. With only two of those days actually being used to work. Also why can't we overlap gigs so we can work them back to back if we want?

EDIT: I had a section here where I broke down the math behind how much money you can actually make and compared it to other careers. But I want to hold off on posting it until I hit max level and see how much the highest end movies pay. My current not entirely informed opinion is assuming its around 6500~ which gets bumped to 7,200~ from the talent agency which puts it at 14,400~ which puts it on par with the highest paying base game career. BUT you get raises in base careers and GTW careers. These add up over time and I don't think you get raises in the actor career. I was pulling in 3,500 a day before my doctor vampire sim got fired for feeding on patients (he just couldn't keep his fangs to himself!). <--this is all my observations and opinions I won't know for sure until I max out the career, I'm currently 9 and getting paid the same amount as 8.

Median pay or salary is the mid point of a distribution of payments or salaries. Meaning if you get payed this YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTRIBUTION. Meaning there are payouts less than this and payouts more than this. My current offerings are 8 gigs minimum of 490 maximum of 6,500. My median pay at level 9 is 9,800. This makes no sense. Why state such a high value as a median if you will never see it at all? Its a median....there should be gigs offering much higher paychecks than even the 9,800$ we already don't have the option of getting.

/rant

Anyways! I'm sure most are aware but in the mean time you could use the last talent agency (well suited) to bump up the pay. Most of my gigs are 6,500 but I get a increase to around 7,200 which is nice.

Do you think they pay for the acting career is bugged? My sims pay did not increase from a 3 star to a 5 star celebrity and it really should have..
    edited November 2018
    > @yupp said:

/rant

Do you think they pay for the acting career is bugged? My sims pay did not increase from a 3 star to a 5 star celebrity and it really should have..

If I had to go by the information they give us then yes (by information I mean perk descriptions and the career descriptions).

The reasons why are stated in that above post. The first is mainly easy street not doubling the gig payouts (again or so I have read around here on the forums I'm not fully there yet). If you are a five star celeb you could verify if you wanted. You and I both said the max we see is 6,500$ so if you take easy street you should be making 13,000$.

The second is again the median pay which makes no sense. Its listed as 9,800$ but as you and I both know the max you can make is only 6,500$. THAT'S NOT HOW MEDIANS WORK.
    ALSO WHY IS MEDIAN GIG PAY LISTED AS 9,800? Median pay or salary is the mid point of a distribution of payments or salaries. Meaning if you get payed this YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTRIBUTION. Meaning there are payouts less than this and payouts more than this. My current offerings are 8 gigs minimum of 490 maximum of 6,500. My median pay at level 9 is 9,800. This makes no sense. Why state such a high value as a median if you will never see it at all? Its a median....there should be gigs offering much higher paychecks than even the 9,800$ we already don't have the option of getting.

Those are my reasons that I think that the actor career is bugged. And.....if its not bugged then at the very least its poorly worded and/or poorly thought out.

You make as much as the base game careers and its entirely dependent on you getting a 6,500 gig. I feel like actors should be making way, way more cash than careers offered in the base game which are way easier to max out (both career level wise and skill wise).
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

> @yupp said:

/rant

If I had to go by the information they give us then yes (by information I mean perk descriptions and the career descriptions).

The reasons why are stated in that above post. The first is mainly easy street not doubling the gig payouts (again or so I have read around here on the forums I'm not fully there yet). If you are a five star celeb you could verify if you wanted. You and I both said the max we see is 6,500$ so if you take easy street you should be making 13,000$.

The second is again the median pay which makes no sense. Its listed as 9,800$ but as you and I both know the max you can make is only 6,500$. THAT'S NOT HOW MEDIANS WORK.
    ALSO WHY IS MEDIAN GIG PAY LISTED AS 9,800? Median pay or salary is the mid point of a distribution of payments or salaries. Meaning if you get payed this YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTRIBUTION. Meaning there are payouts less than this and payouts more than this. My current offerings are 8 gigs minimum of 490 maximum of 6,500. My median pay at level 9 is 9,800. This makes no sense. Why state such a high value as a median if you will never see it at all? Its a median....there should be gigs offering much higher paychecks than even the 9,800$ we already don't have the option of getting.

Those are my reasons that I think that the actor career is bugged. And.....if its not bugged then at the very least its poorly worded and/or poorly thought out.

You make as much as the base game careers and its entirely dependent on you getting a 6,500 gig. I feel like actors should be making way, way more cash than careers offered in the base game which are way easier to max out (both career level wise and skill wise).

I agree. Thank you for explaining. I hope that this is not only a bug, but a bug they are aware of. If not, I hope a modder is able to adjust the payment.

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Yeah I am not really understanding this career much after fiddling with it. I have maxed everything out (properly, no cheating, no mods etc) and the most I have seen on a gig so far is 6575 and this is 2 sim years into being a global superstar with a pristine reputation and gold risky performances on every gig. The sim is also a friend of the world w/beloved on top of the career perks you pick so they have high level friendships with everyone they come in contact with. The perks for the celeb tree I chose are 2/4/4

My sim makes vastly more from the music/video station - with two contracts she can get roughly 10k a day without even really trying just off the royalties and that's still allowing her to slack off two days in between each due cycle. I think the music one is by far the easiest to make the most money from the quickest; it takes seconds to produce, remix and burn a new track, you just need to be inspired - pop a few in your inventory and release as needed, pair that with painting and profit? (yes that is exactly how she started, how did you know.)

I only decided to send my sim off to this whole acting gig anyway because they gave her the dumb superstar walk and after the 50th job offer I figured why not, she had all the other rank 5 career rewards. But come on people, her name is Charlee Haze, she is a tatted up rocker who squatted in a hotel busking on the sidewalk for ages waiting to Get Famous. She walks around now like she sat on a hostile bench, and now....(!) now she is even trying to dismantle her long time love Baze Malbus! The force is dark in this one.
    before fame qglNO0A.png after fame welOdCE.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    Yeah I am not really understanding this career much after fiddling with it. I have maxed everything out (properly, no cheating, no mods etc) and the most I have seen on a gig so far is 6575 and this is 2 sim years into being a global superstar with a pristine reputation and gold risky performances on every gig. The sim is also a friend of the world w/beloved on top of the career perks you pick so they have high level friendships with everyone they come in contact with. The perks for the celeb tree I chose are 2/4/4

My sim makes vastly more from the music/video station - with two contracts she can get roughly 10k a day without even really trying just off the royalties and that's still allowing her to slack off two days in between each due cycle. I think the music one is by far the easiest to make the most money from the quickest; it takes seconds to produce, remix and burn a new track, you just need to be inspired - pop a few in your inventory and release as needed, pair that with painting and profit? (yes that is exactly how she started, how did you know.)

I only decided to send my sim off to this whole acting gig anyway because they gave her the dumb superstar walk and after the 50th job offer I figured why not, she had all the other rank 5 career rewards. But come on people, her name is Charlee Haze, she is a tatted up rocker who squatted in a hotel busking on the sidewalk for ages waiting to Get Famous. She walks around now like she sat on a hostile bench, and now....(!) now she is even trying to dismantle her long time love Baze Malbus! The force is dark in this one.
    before fame qglNO0A.png after fame welOdCE.png

Its pretty funny you mention that actually. Today I cleansed my celeb sim of his perks and went down the left tree (media production) instead of the right tree (career focused). Since easy street does not work and the audition perk doesn't cut down the days before filming the right tree literally has no benefits to actors (IMHO).

If you take the influencer tree you can make vlogs and record videos/music in the two days you have before filming. My logic behind my sim doing this is that he makes acting tutorials and shares insights on his life as a famous actor. As for the the music producing side, I head cannon it by saying he works the movie studio recording soundtracks for up coming films and TV shows.

Here is his studio:
    MlxPkZz.jpg

It is definitely nice having some extra cash for those crazy high bills.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited November 2018

If you take the influencer tree you can make vlogs and record videos/music in the two days you have before filming. My logic behind my sim doing this is that he makes acting tutorials and shares insights on his life as a famous actor. As for the the music producing side, I head cannon it by saying he works the movie studio recording soundtracks for up coming films and TV shows.

Here is his studio:
    MlxPkZz.jpg

It is definitely nice having some extra cash for those crazy high bills.

Great shot of your studio!
    Yeah that was kind of my thinking in the 2/4/4 route though I didnt know about auditions and cutting time down (or that its broken). I just knew she kept getting job offers for all the different careers so she would take the job and get the reward and then "decide" she didnt want to really work there after all and quit. Speaking of, I thought registering with the Ministry of Labor was supposed to make it so you stopped getting job offers but apparently not.

Now that I am done with the whole fame thing I think its time for Charlee and Blaze to get back to basics: low key performing in Nola Magnolia and staying at the Grey Monarch occasionally and enough with the snooty cooties already. gah. Besides its more fun for me to have them weekend at a swanky place for free than her to live in one and pay for it weekly.

Diamond Dan on the other hand....I think its time to pay him a visit!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Here's what I have been doing: I automatically double all my paychecks from gigs with the ui cheats mod, but you could also kaching it.

Anytime my agent calls and says wonderful job, I'm going to double it AGAIN (for 4x the original money, so what was 6 x 2 is 12, times another 2 would be 22k)

I might change it even more though because that is not a lot of money.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Generally I've found payout in Sims 4, not just for acting but for all careers, to be a little ridiculous. It was too easy to get rich in Sims 3 and they kind of over-corrected this time around. And the bills don't make sense either. I don't use money cheats regularly, but I also never play a save longer than 3 generations, so I've never had wealthy sims unless they started out that way, even with my currently very successful actor sim. She still has a roommate. It's so weird that she's so famous and so broke and living in the slums. Very unrealistic, and really pulls you out of the game. I guess I'm going to have to add a cheat every time she does a job too.
    Yeah the lac of income kills the realism for me to the point where I’ve already lost interest in the fame part of the pack.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yeah, I felt like the pay at the top of the acting career wasn't high enough. When she hit level 10, my actress sim wasn't even close to being able to afford one of the celebrity mansions in Del Sol Valley, which didn't make much sense to me.
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Yeah, I felt like the pay at the top of the acting career wasn't high enough. When she hit level 10, my actress sim wasn't even close to being able to afford one of the celebrity mansions in Del Sol Valley, which didn't make much sense to me.

That’s exactly what happened to me. I also feel like there is not much for them to do once they are 5 star celebrities. They spent so much time on the acting career and it looks wonderful, but what happens when our sims are famous? They just keep making movies and throwing parties? Even the award ceremonies seem like an afterthought.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 your math is off