Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how did the new patch affect your game?? and help here xx

carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
so far mine seems fine i have to wait of course until script mods etc are updated but i turned script mods off for now and the game is runing fine
Post edited by carlymichelle on

Comments

• shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2018
    Can't even start the game, refuses to start until updated, I refuse to update until the mods I use are ready. Thanks EA!~

[Edited for langauge - EA_Cian]
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Can't even start the game, refuses to start until updated, I refuse to update until the mods I use are ready. Thanks EA!~

[Edited for langauge - EA_Cian]

@shorty943p I read you can avoid that by opening it in offline mode? You might have had to do that before it recognised a patch was needed though, I'm not sure.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    So far as I can see, it's only affected my alpha cc hair colours. But some of them have been messed up and have muted tones for a while since some other previous patch.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Running fine. All mods and cc removed.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    My game seems fine too, CC worked as well (I did take out the few mods I have though). Played a couple of days, completed the Positivity challenge with one of my Sims, no issues.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    any update for xml files or the base systems always welcome for security reasons at least. Lust not how EA have done it. Will search for info on starting offline though, TY for that.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    to play get famous when it comes out you will need the update anyway i assume?? we had plenty of warning about this
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    Some of my CC hair lost their colors, so they are just blondes for now ha ha, not sure if there will be a fix for that.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I know mcccommand has been updated and I have tried installing it, but it not showing up in game. Anyone else having a problem with this?
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I know mcccommand has been updated and I have tried installing it, but it not showing up in game. Anyone else having a problem with this?

after a patch ea/maxis disable script mods/mods by default did you make sure script mods/mods is enabled in game??
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    This was such a major update, I ended up deleting my documents folder to be save and after patching re-verified the game files. Sometimes that can make all the difference for some weird bugs, especially after such a huge python update.
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    So far so good only custom hair swatches are all messed up. I hope they fix this soon as CC is a big part of the game for many of us, especially since we don't have a colour wheel. I rely on my CC hair for a lot.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I wouldn't know, I haven't decided to update yet.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    So far so good only custom hair swatches are all messed up. I hope they fix this soon as CC is a big part of the game for many of us, especially since we don't have a colour wheel. I rely on my CC hair for a lot.
    It won't be up to the devs to fix it. It will be up to the modders that made the cc.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    Can't even start the game, refuses to start until updated, I refuse to update until the mods I use are ready. Thanks EA, ya mongrels!~

@shorty943p I read you can avoid that by opening it in offline mode? You might have had to do that before it recognised a patch was needed though, I'm not sure.

Yes, unfortunately, once Origin knowns there's an update, it won't let you play until installing said update. Have to be in offline mode before launching.
  • jennylynn324jennylynn324 Posts: 1 New Member
    I seem to have lost the sims wants - the 3 to get more aspiration points that are on the left side of the screen by the sim picture. Did anyone else have this happen?
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I couldn't get the game to launch after downloading the patch--the play option was greyed out of the launcher. So I googled what to do and didn't realize the launcher has a cache to clear. It still wouldn't play after that though, so I repaired it. All fine. Was even able to enable mods and get it to load up again.
  • tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    I seem to have lost the sims wants - the 3 to get more aspiration points that are on the left side of the screen by the sim picture. Did anyone else have this happen?

You now have to enable Whims in Settings if you want them to show up. :smile:
    Zwdtm8.png
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't use cc and removed mods until I can update them. So far everything's been running smoothly and the bugs that were in the patch notes that I was experiencing seem to be fixed.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited November 2018
    Can't even start the game, refuses to start until updated, I refuse to update until the mods I use are ready. Thanks EA, ya mongrels!~

Second, play in offline mode. That way you don't have to update.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian

What I tend to do is sign in to Origin while online (as for some reason it doesn't like doing it offline) then when my game library's open I disconnect my wifi connection - that way the "play" option comes up instead of "update".
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I have encountered no problems yet, I updated MCC and it runs well, I can now resume my incarnation challenge. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    My Sims could not pound on the Bheeda's door to get them to quiet down. Both are doing the challenge and are in the new career. Totally vanilla game. No mods or cc.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    My Sims could not pound on the Bheeda's door to get them to quiet down. Both are doing the challenge and are in the new career. Totally vanilla game. No mods or cc.

This happened to me the other day. Had to travel with my sim and it stopped. It was pre patch though.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    First apartment I have played in a long time. Didn't know it was a thing. I miss the bug section.