Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Style Influencer Career

What are your plans for the new Style Influencer career that will be included in tomorrow's patch? Do you have a particular sim picked out for the new career? Are you going to jump right in or wait until Get Famous releases so you can also work on your style influencer's fame?

Here's the livestream to review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_zPqObYkk

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have 3 sims I created that currently live as neighbors in San Myshuno. One sim will join the fashion career tomorrow, so for now I'm not really playing her. She's just the neighbor currently, and the other two are sisters who both dream of being famous.

The oldest wishes to be famous through her writing. She's working on skills, writing books, and advancing in her career. The younger sister, just wants to be famous, no matter the cost. She's going to go thru the acting career. She's been working on skill related to her personality.

Once GF releases, I'm moving the sisters into their own houses in Del Sol Valley, and I'll be playing 3 households then. My stylist sim will stay in San Myshuno until or if it ever makes sense for her to move.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    My sim own a bridal boutique so I'll have her start with the stylist career. She's going to work out of her boutique.

1yOPaIh.png

One of the dressing rooms in the back will be turned into an office and once Get Famous releases I'll update the boutique with some of the new furnishings.

Oh, that looks very lovely! I can see that working out very well, not to mention being able to change a townies clothing when they step up on the platform from get famous. That should work out really well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am really excited for this. I've wanted a way to give townies makeovers for awhile and like that I can have a sim start trends also.
    I basically plan on having some sort of stylist in most of my save games because it's a big issue for me (making over townies).
    I have multiple ideas.

I want one probably in a true celebrity save that will become a famous stylist. I see him as being kind of mean though and over the top in his personal dress. I'll probably start trends though of more subdued styles.

When the game came out I made a couple to do townie makeovers.. basically they would move them in and exercise/make them over. I'm considering doing something like that again... more combining this career with a personal trainer. So maybe in another save I have.

For my horror save I'm excited about putting Sweeny Todd in this position (maybe he'll be a barber later). I'll makeover and set trends in that save and he'll kill of those sims that I don't want to make over. Will have to see how to work with or around the new reputation system coming with the pack though..

I do love the idea of working out of boutique @simgirl1010 also I've never given retail a go and maybe I'll combine the two possibles also.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I've decided that Babs L'Amour will become my stylist.
    I'll wait until Get Famous though. I want to play her in rotation with three other Sims that want to get famous.
    They'll be slightly adapted versions of Bella Goth (actress), Bob Pancakes (social media/video editor) and Brant Hecking (DJ/music composer).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    I have one sim, one of my grown up 100 baby challenge babies, who I thought would be perfect for it, so I've just started a new game with her and I'm about to get started. I'm really excited. I loved the stylist career in Sims 3, so I'm looking forward to this.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    From the patch notes.

New Career – Style Influencer

Terrain tools, a first person camera, and a new career?! You’re one lucky Simmer! Starting today you can live your fashionable Sim’s best possible life in the new Style Influencer career. You’ll start off small by observing fads and reporting on the latest trends, but it won’t be long before you’re defining new looks that are worn by Sims all around town, or giving makeovers to help other Sims look on fleek.

In addition, two brand new objects will help you progress through this career…

Sketchpad
    The sketchpad is perfect for the artist on the go. Not only can you draw quick sketches when inspiration strikes, but it acts as a pocket canvas for painters. It’s the simplest way to go out into the world and create beautiful masterpieces that can be printed and hung on your wall.
    Sims with level 2 Painting Skill can use the sketchpad to create a wide variety of new art. You’ll find it under the Illustrative Painting interaction on the sketchpad.

Style-Board
    The style-board is your Sims’ collage of inspirational material. A collection of sketches, photos, patterns, and material comes to life as your Sim is influenced by the world around them. As your Sim refines their own personal style, the style-board can be updated to reflect the current looks you’re working to create.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't really thought about it yet! It sounds interesting and it might be fun. I'm sure I have a sim somewhere in my world that is suited for it.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I have two sims ideal for this work. One is Wolfgang Munch, in my game this mother die because he was trouble child and he was send in military school. Now he live in bad zone with homelles. But he have a bed and a little house. I hope that he will be one day very famous !

Second sim is Adéla Slušná aka Angel Pleasent . SHE grow up today on young adult . Now she live with her husband (Milan Svorc aka Dustin Broke ) and her sister.. she has firdt dialogue with three nice cloathing sims. It is funny!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have actually stopped ageing in my game for the time being. I have 3 saves and not sure which one I will start with the patch. I have a couple of sims that would do well in the new career. I am going to wait for a sale of the new expansion so playing with this career will have to do. I want to actually do some of the other careers I have never done in the sims with my ginger save as well.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So apparently the sketchpad doesn’t add fun unless you upgrade it (even for my Creative sim), and sims can’t paint and listen to music at the same time for some reason. I know I can upgrade it to make it better, but right now it’s just an inferior easel that can do impressions.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have currently two Sims in the style influencer career. One of my ingame born Sims, just to discover the career and for fun, the other Sim was created today, because I will do a let's play series of "get famous" on youtube. I will play her until get famous and then find her an actor or actress boy-/ girlfriend.
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    So I'm having an issue with working from home. My sim has to 'sketch for two hours' for her work from home assignment, but no matter how much time I spend on the sketchbook object, it's not being completed. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I think I am just going to create a new Sim for this career and see what happens.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Eva from Partihouse in Get Together! She just moved in with her boyfriend Mitchell Kallani, and now it's time she grows up a bit and gets a job.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    So I'm having an issue with working from home. My sim has to 'sketch for two hours' for her work from home assignment, but no matter how much time I spend on the sketchbook object, it's not being completed. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

The same thing happened to me, so you're probably not doing anything wrong.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Since TS1, I've had the same sim enter every iteration's fashion career (sewing hobby in TS2), so it'll be nice to finally introduce her into TS4.

So far, the career offers a bevvy of new career-oriented interactions, but social options like "discuss fashion" seem to only be available once per meeting.
    I've also noticed that the digital sketch pad does not complete any of the requirements for the Painting Extraordinaire aspiration.

@simgirl1010 Your bridal shop looks great!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I love the new career, it adds lots of small gameplay interactions and I enjoy these a lot (I can't wait to see sims wearing my designs).

It pays so much though. I like to play the {young adults, without a care in the world} bracket the most - earning from 30 to 60§ per hour- and not many levels of the new career fit that. Only one actually.
    A lot of cool interactions are unlocked at higher level anyway, so that's good, but my level 7 trend setter is already earning 205§/hour which makes her fall into my {filthy rich, never even heard of the word budget} bracket and I don't know how to play Those.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    only now getting into the career, since focused on completing the event first, but here's a bit i've gotten with the new board, so far

for starters, it's unlocked and put in household inventory as soon as a sim starts the career:

ff9440cdd18623fef1c2a924439fdb4a.png

when placed in a room (trust me, this plain white room looks much, much better with the walls down so you can see the study past it), you can see the options 'plan outfits' and 'add impression', but both are greyed out. you need impressions to be able to plan outfits on it

to get impressions, 'discuss outfit' with other sims. this will occasionally give you an inspired buff that is then consumed by the board:
    1b16ec9398d4b148946ed3c0f8f9af11.png
    d0b431f7d0cbd2dcffec3d23da81ee35.png

they'll use a selection of color swatches and eventually begin some outfit ideas, still basics, though:
    ac7c17b97857d95f17e2d4d0dc2c7f28.png
    a73ae1771171fbd1bca38f05b2ae354b.png

apparently, floating high overhead is a... cloud of some sort (i was zoomed in so saw this just before it exploded):
    40675fbab84f093dc736784e228741ee.png
    cab6e8fc0f625b85b98a586d40edff1a.png

that second image up there is it starting to explode, it turns into a confetti-like rain of simoleons and photographs that fade before they hit the ground

now the sim can plan outfits:
    d3c300e6d0e02853d68da591dcdbf73c.png

which takes you to (le gasp!), cas to... well, plan an outfit...

i'm silly and just used one of misael's default party outfits to see what happens. it's the outfit unlocked at the top of the oracle path of the criminal career. the one that looks like neo meets blade:
    832235d99c66c863d5f1f9827fd02c29.png

(thusfar, nothing seems to happen, but you can probably add more to the board as your sim gets inspired by these discussions. still plenty of room on that thing)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sure enough, there's a second set to the board, and obviously room for more:
    cb593c7e97a51fbda224075cd2f2f5f3.png

it also appears that there is a short (maybe one sim hour) cooldown before you can discuss outfits with the same sim again
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm at that one so far:
    2wx1czhh.png

At some point when you click on the sim you can also plan design (or something, playing in french) which I suppose lets you create outfits sims around the world will wear, but my townies don't. Does it work for anyone ?
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm at that one so far:
    2wx1czhh.png

At some point when you click on the sim you can also plan design (or something, playing in french) which I suppose lets you create outfits sims around the world will wear, but my townies don't. Does it work for anyone ?

I dunno what plan design does, but at a certain point in the career you can click on your sim to "create trends" and that is the option which lets you create outfits that random sims will wear walking around.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    My sim just married Caleb Vatore, who's unemployed, so guess who just got a new fashion Guinea pig?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    My sim own a bridal boutique so I'll have her start with the stylist career. She's going to work out of her boutique.

1yOPaIh.png

One of the dressing rooms in the back will be turned into an office and once Get Famous releases I'll update the boutique with some of the new furnishings.

What a lovely idea, and a beautiful bridal boutique! <3 Mind if I steal *ahem* get inspired by it for my own game?

If anyone knows Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, I've had the Bennet family in my main save for a while, but never knew what to do with Kitty career-wise. I once wrote a fanfic about her discovering her talent as a fashion designer, and this new career is... not exactly that, but close enough. A bridal boutique seems like a perfect place for her to work, especially since the girls were so obsessed with getting married in the book, and maybe I'll have Lydia quit her current job and help out in the boutique as well. The style influencer career has two branches after all, one for each girl.

Can anyone tell me what the branches are, by the way? I don't remember them from the livestream, and can't look them up right now because I'm pretending to be at work while thinking about new Sims stories.
    Can anyone tell me what the branches are, by the way? I don't remember them from the livestream, and can't look them up right now because I'm pretending to be at work while thinking about new Sims stories.

The branches are Stylist and Trend-Setter, but they're practically identical in terms of gameplay.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)