Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New simulation game?

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @coco stoked for Shenmue 3! And you hit the nail on the head.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @coco Ok, that makes a lot of sense.
    @Emily4331 That makes sense too, it would be hard to make a game that pulls simmers in without it bring a lot like the sims :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oops. I was watching the video in the sig and thought that is just a Sims 3 video.

Now that I've seen the Habs video I think I'll stick to Sims 3.

edited October 2018
    @cwaddell You were watching the video in my sig? That's my townie machinima, nothing to do with the new game. Sorry to confuse! BTW love your avatar. She's gorgeous.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I started off by following them on Twitter, in case they come with any news. That will do no harm ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited October 2018
    @JoAnne65 May be a good time to finally get twitter :smile:

So I brought up the two main points with the creators, how are you going to develop a game that fast, and that we're skeptical without actually seeing the 'habs'. I think their answers were solid. But I also think out of respect for EA (cause this is their forum after all!) I'll stop discussing this here. If you want to talk to the creators of the new game you can go to their website and submit questions. Or if you want to see the feedback I've received from them and let them know what your expectations would be for a new simulation game, you can participate in the discussion here:

ETA: That link didn't work. Here's a new one for the general category, just go down until you see the thread about an alternative to sims. You don't have to join to read the thread.

http://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewforum.php?f=1
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Love the artstyle :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    The surroundings absolutely, amazing (one of my questions would be are they really at the stage yet to have achieved this :o ), the sims not so much so I'd hope those are in a testing phase. Is there a forum (yet) on their site?

(oh, never mind, followed the link; I always ask first, then look :mrgreen:)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Maybe this is a "Project VIE" all over again? The pictures don't look like they belong to the same game.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    it looks fabulous. with the success of games like gta5 out there and sims players dabbling in record numbers, i can't say i'm surprised that things are headed in this direction. especially considering the disenchantment with sims 4. i'd support it. but i'd need multiplayer options, height variation and a dedicated mod community.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Always late to the party I am always interested in potential new life simulation games.

Creating such a game is a massive complex operation. Considerable knowledge and experience is needed and to be quite frank it must offer a new twist. We simply don't need a rehash of what has gone before. Not if the developers want us to be fully entertained and engaged. I strongly doubt that kickstarter funding will come anywhere near being enough to make this a viable proposition. If the project had the backing of a big established producer then maybe but as I said it must have something new and original to offer.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see EA with viable competition but somehow don't think this is it. So no investment from me. Agreed TS4 is not the gang some of us wanted but we do still have TS3 and I am not bored with that yet.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @cwaddell You were watching the video in my sig? That's my townie machinima, nothing to do with the new game. Sorry to confuse! BTW love your avatar. She's gorgeous.

Thank you. And I confused myself. :D
    Can anyone find the Kickstarter that supposedly started? I'm coming up with nothing in the search.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have my doubts here. After reading their FAQ I think they seem a little naive about some things. I certainly wouldn't give money up front, as I have seen too many enthusiastic kickstarters turn out too big for their creators to chew. But yes, worth watching out for, you never know.
    @Emily4331 The kickstarter was supposed to be live today but it's still counting down. Not sure what's up.

@IngeJones Thanks for your input
    edited October 2018
    Kickstarter is live :smile:
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    This looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I recommend not backing this project.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Wow seen it @ZeeGee The environments are gorgeous,am not a fan of the Habs "People" look but the towns the houses the landscapes the water realism is really good.And the funeral thing was awesome

Agreed.

Oh hamburgers!
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I'll pledge to it, but don't get your hopes up. Most Kickstarter games don't make the total amount in order to give you half of what they promised. Heck, even if they do make the amount they need it may not be what you, or they, envisioned. And these peeps are asking for a total of 2.5 million USD in a month.

On another note, the environment is nice, but the character models... Yeesh. Looks worse than TS1. :grimace: Also, it has a pet peeve of mine in that glide walk. :lol: Where the walking animation makes it look like their feet aren't doing the work, they're just gliding along. :lol: It's a staple of indie games, I swear.

PUDDING. At least pudding face doesn't exist. Looks like a pc version of TSFP
    Oh hamburgers!
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    As much as I would like another sim-like game that isn't made by EA I'd like to know more before I part with money.

Going a bit off topic here, but some alternatives are @Mikezumi

Tomodachi Life: (Nintendo 3ds systems. Import your Mii (avatar) into an island and watch it grow. Miis have traits and quirks similar to Sims, and can even start families as well.)
    Any of the Harvest Moon Titles.
    Kerbal Space Program (Very similar to Minecraft and the building aspect of The Sims)
    HomeStreet (IOS and Android.)
    Any of the Fallout games (a bit more action adventure)

Back to the topic of the post. As much as I would want that to happen as well, they may not do so well. There is an obscure knockoff 18+ game called Singles that is just blatantly NSFW and a stripped down version of it.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Aww my LAMA ! I love the town but the sims are ugly sounds like ts1 for the sims quality and ts3 for beauty of the town.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well they've got a lot of artists and musicians now. Still no sign of a game designer/architect/coder on their partners list, unless TeePee studios does all that too. I shall be watching for developments
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2018
    I was super disappointed to see baby bundles again! And it looked like the original sims clothing choices where you pick a top from here a bottom from there to make your sim rather than the morphing possibilities to make the clothing fit the body. So, it's a one-size-fits-all approach that might keep things simple, but definitely isn't the way most simmers would prefer to individualize their sims.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    As much as I would like another sim-like game that isn't made by EA I'd like to know more before I part with money.

Going a bit off topic here, but some alternatives are @Mikezumi

Tomodachi Life: (Nintendo 3ds systems. Import your Mii (avatar) into an island and watch it grow. Miis have traits and quirks similar to Sims, and can even start families as well.)
    Any of the Harvest Moon Titles.
    Kerbal Space Program (Very similar to Minecraft and the building aspect of The Sims)
    HomeStreet (IOS and Android.)
    Any of the Fallout games (a bit more action adventure)

Back to the topic of the post. As much as I would want that to happen as well, they may not do so well. There is an obscure knockoff 18+ game called Singles that is just blatantly NSFW and a stripped down version of it.

@Bubbz3388 None of those meet my needs. I have played a couple of the Harvest Moon titles and they amused me for a short time and a couple others I am familiar with because I have seen my son playing them. Thanks for the suggestions but these are not for me :)