Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS BUT YOUR UNEMPLOYED

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think I would hate it if jobs were unavailable. I don't even want to think about what an accurate Writer career would look like...

"Your Sim has written a dozen masterpiece-level novels, but unfortunately, the market just isn't hot for mysteries or fantasy right now. Why don't you try another time?"

I get plenty of rejection letters in real life. Let my Sims have their success. I have vampires, cowplants, and fire ghosts to really mess of their lives if they need some drama.

I do like that the game recognizes "Stay-at-home parent" as a job. It fits in well with owning one's own business, actually. I tend to have larger families with different members jumping in and out to run the store. Some have other jobs and some don't.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hehe yeah I guess there would be plenty of complaints :)
  • Options
    NkingNking Posts: 29 Member
    How do we get EA/Maxis game developers to do something about this? Where do we sign a poll or take this request so that they can fix this so its Business owners are no longer unemployed. We need to shout louder to get them to change this.
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2018
    Nking wrote: »
    How do we get EA/Maxis game developers to do something about this? Where do we sign a poll or take this request so that they can fix this so its Business owners are no longer unemployed. We need to shout louder to get them to change this.

We just hope for the best ... and await the next pointless stuff pack or game pack or mini pack ( what ever they call these money grabbers” as this sims 4 is a rushed piece of craftsman ship hence why there is so much fine details left out it’s embarrassing I apologise on behave of EA/MAXIS ... fellow simmers one day we will have something well constructed and a game reflecting on all its predecessors!
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Nking wrote: »
    I simply would like it to be that if one chooses to not be part of the Career system
    and rather own a business, e.g. Gallery. My Sims is not classed as Unemployed.
    They could have it say: Business Owner and the name of the Business underneath.
    EA Games / The Sims, has gone backwards since Sims 2, they offered so much variety
    with Hobbies and Dancing in Sims 2, then the cut this from Sims 3 add other content,
    and then Cut that from Sims 4... Don't they learn from history? If you can't keep the
    previous game content going forward, then don't set your gamer's up for disappointment.!
    PLEASE EA GAMES FIX THE OWNING A BUSINESS SO THAT OUR SIMS ARE NOT UNEMPLOYED!
    {not shouting just trying to be heard}.

This. All of this completely.

I got to experiment with owning a vet clinic and my sim who owned the business AND worked there was considered "unemployed".
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    i agree that there should be a change. either give us the option to register as self employed or set an additional title of 'business owner' as not everyone who owns business' works in them or has other employment. theres so much that could be expanded on with regards to titles and jobs IMO.

we could also have hobbyist option, and part-time jobs could make a return. they turned gardener into a career but we could also have enthusiast's eg: gardening, painting, writing etc that we could register for on the computer
  • Options
    EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    There should be an option to have your Sim tell others he's a business owner! But yes I get why it's so you can have a job on top of that... Still a bummer