Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Own the Store' Breakdown [with Downloads Links] Updated Aug 7 '14

123457...Next

Comments

• duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi duyguugudur!
    Since no one had replied to your message I thought I would. I do not know the answer to all your questions but I will give you a super long answer to what I do:

Whenever I have problems with a game, instead of reinstalling all my sims games, I follow crincrit's instructions here:

BUT, for the first time you do this, after you've already reset, and have just transfered over your "SAVE" folders, I do this:

Copy over my UserPresets.package - this is what contains all your CASting

Copy over the "Downloads" folder, but delete everything from it except the PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package (which are in the two folders with long strings of numbers) , which contain your SimPort and Achievements progress

Copy over the "Collections" folder, if you use custom collections

Copy over your "Mods" folder only if you are sure about what is in it

>>>>Now, onto your new Downloads folder!<<<<

Go through this list by HollownessDevour, starting with just downloading WORLDS that you own to the Launcher. After you download and install each of them, create a new folder in your "DOWNLOADS" folder titled "WORLDS" and move all the installed worlds into it.

Now when you look at your game Launcher/Downloads it should be empty...

Download and install any VENUES you own, then create a new folder in your "DOWNLOADS" folder titled "VENUES", and move all the venues into it

Keep doing this a Hollowness category at a time, creating new folders as you go. When you do large categories, only download and install about 20 at a time, move them to their new folder, and download more. If you try to download and install too many items the Launcher sometimes skips some.

After you have finished all your worlds, venues, compilations, sets, Holiday & Gifts, and Registration/Rewards (I combine this with all the limited edition things as well), you will need to start on single items.

Make a folder titled "Not Part of Set" and started downloading and installing all the items from 2Mahawks Easy-to-Miss Checklist

Finish downloading and installing all of those 20 at a time. I actually divide inside the "Not Part of Set" folder into three separate folders of "Hair", "Clothes", & "Objects".

Finally, you can create a folder titled "Part of Set", and download and install each of those. These would be items from sets you have not completed and don't plan on completing in the immediate future. This is where the Featured Looks would probably be broken down in to by item instead of the full set. I did not download any of the Featured Looks except "Fall In Love Again" and "Villa Paraiso", as they are the only two that download with a build. Make sure, though, that you get the Blue Hibiscus, and women's Bandana from the Quaint Cottage (as well as the wind chimes if you didn't already).

>>>>Never Download again! Hopefully?!<<<<
    This entire download folder I now save somewhere else in case I ever need to reset again. The next time you won't have to download anything, you'll just have to pull items out of their folders into the main "Downloads" folder a section at a time! Nice and organized!

If you happen to complete a set that has pieces you already have in you "Part of Set" folder, it most likely won't hurt to download the set. If it bothers you, you would actually have to go into "Installed Items" in the Launcher and find the duplicate items BEFORE you download and install the completed set... or just download the items from the set that you don't already have.
    If you complete a bunch of sets, I would recommend resetting as per earlier. If you install all worlds, venues, and sets, then download and install your new completed sets, when you finally get to the "Part of Set" folder, then items from the new set will show up shaded dark in the launcher because they are already installed. Just select all of the darkened ones and Delete them. You don't need them as individual pieces now that you have the set.

What it should look like:
    >Electronic Arts
    >> The Sims 3
    >>> Downloads
    >>>> folder with a bunch of numbers
    >>>> WORLDS
    >>>> VENUES
    >>>> COMPILATIONS
    >>>> SETS
    >>>> HOLIDAY & GIFTS
    >>>> REGISTRATION & LE
    >>>> NOT PART OF SET
    >>>>> HAIR
    >>>>> CLOTHES
    >>>>> OBJECTS
    >>>> PART OF SET
    >>>>> HAIR
    >>>>> CLOTHES
    >>>>> OBJECTS
    >>>> dynamicchallenge_blahblahblah
    >>>> FSIViewCountTracking
    >>>> email@address.bin
    >>>> nav.bin

I hope this helps, and wasn't too confusing. If you have a question, ask and I'll try to answer. If this is too complicated, don't even attempt it!

I hope I don't step on your toes HollownessDevour, by posting this! I am so thankful for this thread and use it constantly! Thank you!

Thank you for replying!! I am eternally greateful!! :)

Well i kinda understand i guess...

Well since i hadnt seen a reply much i downloaded all contents as how "HollownessDevour" explained...so haven'T touched upto any featured looks through!!

So now i can do...

The breakdown(what files i should see under downloads) you had given me, is like this;

>> The Sims 3
    >>> Downloads
    >>>> email@address.bin
    >>>> nav.bin

Because after installing all contents ofc, i had carried the files you mentioned as saparete folder,out of The Sims 3 file. :)

Now after i download the featured sets(who either has build itself like Villa Paraiso or the blueprint one) , i will install it and again delete it from my "downloads" part from mt launcher. Then will go to "installed" part and see if there is any same 2 items(because when i had installed a set,i had both seen each single item and image of set on my "installed" part.) and if there is i will simply delete one ;)

Do you think it ill work?

Thank you again!
  • MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted this back on the first page. I'm sure it will help a lot of people like me who are now panic backing everything up. :lol:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping because I thought people would find it useful right now. :)
  • MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for replying!! I am eternally greateful!! :)

Well i kinda understand i guess...

Well since i hadnt seen a reply much i downloaded all contents as how "HollownessDevour" explained...so haven'T touched upto any featured looks through!!

So now i can do...

The breakdown(what files i should see under downloads) you had given me, is like this;

>> The Sims 3
    >>> Downloads
    >>>> email@address.bin
    >>>> nav.bin

Because after installing all contents ofc, i had carried the files you mentioned as saparete folder,out of The Sims 3 file. :)

Now after i download the featured sets(who either has build itself like Villa Paraiso or the blueprint one) , i will install it and again delete it from my "downloads" part from mt launcher. Then will go to "installed" part and see if there is any same 2 items(because when i had installed a set,i had both seen each single item and image of set on my "installed" part.) and if there is i will simply delete one ;)

Do you think it ill work?

Thank you again!

I am not sure if there will be two of the same under installed. After I install my Featured Looks, I have never checked to delete the extra items. I just leave them alone, since it will be only a few items extra. I will check my installed items to see if there are 2 of the Villa Paraiso items.

If you decide to delete these extras, save a copy of your downloads folder from before installing the Featured Looks to your desktop, so you can go back if it doesn't work.

Also, this new topic by amjoie talks about saving some install folders after you have done this nice clean Sims 3 folder, and then you won't have to reinstall the downloads next time! I am going to do this now.
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ugh! I'm taking a quick break from going through the entire store and working out how I'm going to proceed with my (hopefully) final install of the Store. I'm usually pretty organized but I'm going to take this one slower to keep from overlapping as much as possible.

I want to say "Thank You!" to HollownessDevour for the time and attention you took, and for sharing your invaluable information with the rest of us. I've been doing a lot of toggling between this thread, the single items list thread, the store, my spreadsheet and a word doc.

Owning the store (or practically owning it) is both a blessing and a curse. Once I get finished with 'Classics' (set), it will be time for some kind of reward. Maybe a bubble bath and a glass of wine, or ice cream (I haven't yet decided which) :D

Also sending out thanks to everyone else that contributed to making more sense of the chaos!
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    How updated is this list?
  • corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited August 2014
    This is a beautiful thing. Thank you!! I too have spent hours trying to download, after getting a new computer :shock:
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited August 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes sorry I haven't updated if anyone who knew me knew I was in hospital, then without internet.

Updating now cause the last store content.

Also since my use of the internet right now is temporay I cannot check my self can anyone confirm or debunk this:

Duplicates but may be with extras (patterns, wallpapers, lots? etc) aka Featured Looks: * the other featured looks do not have extras
    Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty (Wallpaper)
    Villa Paraíso
    Fall In Love Again Collection - The Monarch Suite (Pattern)
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited August 2014
    just want to say thanks for the awesome job you have done!!
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Thank You HollownessDevour for making this list ... I'm just bookmarking this topic again (now I'm re-downloading and reinstalling store content) - it seems that search engine works here in new forum. :)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    Thanks so much for making this list and coloring the individual items, ect. I've bought items from sets and individual items and in my purchase history I can't tell one from another. I'm redownloading now with worlds, venues, sets, individual, ect. This list is a lifesaver for me on the individual store items. Thanks again!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Hello, Hollowness! Thanks a bunch for compiling this list. I'm almost finished (I think ;):p )... You forgot about Happy Valentines Day 2014!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Thanks very much for creating this list Hollowness! Am backing up my store content now and came across this post. I own all the store content so am hoping I can just use your list along with the individual items to make my backup as painless as possible. Sorry to bump this thread but it seems a cleaner way to reduce overlap rather than just copying everything from my downloads folder. Other than the Happy Valentine's Day 2014 set, is this list now up-to-date with the last of the store content?
    Hello, Hollowness! Thanks a bunch for compiling this list. I'm almost finished (I think ;):p )... You forgot about Happy Valentines Day 2014!

I know this is zombie thread but I know the poster is active. TBH I can't even add, it I am over 10,000 characters if I do XD
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    This is REALLY useful. I'm getting ready to take the plunge & download my entire inventory. Only thing that kills is I still have to go through my purchase history for limited edition items from EPs, which are scattered about :/
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    I am revisiting own the store downloading (cause I did get a new computer and though I saved my old sim folders I want to do a refresh).

Sadly, the first post is past the allowable characters but I have transferred this to the sim's 3 exchange wiki. I am also trying to populate and get single CAS/Build/Buy items which this original list disclaims does not contain. But it's probably not fully complete and I am not sure how to cross reference but is open to other's to add missing items.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Even I was able to, I couldn't because sets won't show u in my game for some reason. Single items, but not many sets.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    'Set view' of items/sets in game do not show properly sadly, this has always been a problem. It never was complete and was even buggy. Single item view is the only non-buggy view.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top