Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My husband is a game developer. If he made a comment like that about his games in public he would be in hot water for being unprofessional.

Engage brain before tweeting.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Iehm1DT.gif

Grant just threw every loyal sims 3 player under a bus

I so agree with you @CravenLestat. And for what? To persuade the TS3 players to buy TS4? Not going to work for me as I love my TS3 game and think that the graphics looks awesome in my opinion... :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lisasc360 They have been trying to get me to buy TS4 for a couple of years now. I will not budge!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited September 2018
    :lol:
    Sims 3 looks the bestestest of all the Sims games and is the funniestest! I think Grant felt he had to say what he did to support the current game, like when many musicians say that their latest album is their best evar!
    But I miss the extremely detailed BALLPIT from Sims 4! Oh how I wish that we had it in Sims 3... No wait. I don't miss it! :joy:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    TS3 worlds look better than TS4 worlds, though fortunately they have improved a lot during the 4 years (Brindleton Bay is great). When it comes to the Sims, I prefer 4.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Not really wanting to be mean, but consider the source. He wants Simmers to buy and play Sims 4. The team certainly has not provided me with any exciting gameplay that gives me any incentive to purchase Sims 4 and leave Sims 3. The art style hurts my eyes anyway, the sims are too cartoony with the lego hairdo's. Dag...I could go on and on and on, but I won't. :lol:

Tis a shame that if and when Sims 5 comes out, Sims 4 will become the little redheaded step child and will be trashed as well. They have proven that over the years.
    That’s why the qualification ‘honest’ strikes me as funny. It’s the same honesty that led to the statement San Myshuno was such a better experience than Bridgeport and Cats & Dogs is so much better that Pets. It’s the honesty of the salesman who wants to sell his latest product.

(I don’t hate Sims 4’s art style personally by the way, I just like Sims 3’s better)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Well, I guess there's the explanation of why Sims 4 looks like it does. Grant, and who knows who else on the team, likes it. I don't. He probably likes giant cupcake machines and the bro trait, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Not really wanting to be mean, but consider the source. He wants Simmers to buy and play Sims 4. The team certainly has not provided me with any exciting gameplay that gives me any incentive to purchase Sims 4 and leave Sims 3. The art style hurts my eyes anyway, the sims are too cartoony with the lego hairdo's. Dag...I could go on and on and on, but I won't. :lol:

Tis a shame that if and when Sims 5 comes out, Sims 4 will become the little redheaded step child and will be trashed as well. They have proven that over the years.

That is an insult to Lego! :no_mouth:

I mean Lego done it better in 1989...

4c11fd374198857607bb3e6443a8be43.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Odonata68 What film is this from?

screenshot_original.jpg

Oh sorry, that is TS3 as well! :D:wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I don’t care about his personal opinion by the way. But now that rumour has it they are starting to develop Sims 5, I just really hope the team that will work on that game will have more appreciation of Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    So he didn't like the art style ? As a producer he was in a position to influence that decision so why didn't he get it changed ? We would have been none the wiser having come straight from the TS2 art style. However it is what it is and those of us who genuinely love the game are grateful for that. Perhaps someone should send him a link to the scenery thread to remind him what they threw away when TS4 was created. This is what we are expecting for the next iteration, the more realistic the better. As for being derogatory about TS3 as a means of selling the TS4 cartoon sims, it has a snowball's chance in plum of succeeding.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited September 2018
    @king_of_simcity7 :D Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Sim3 is perfect, but come on! You have to play this on a low end computer for it to look worse than Sims4! I would know because I did.
    The pics I posted above are the results of a GTX 950, i5 6600k processor and 8 gigs ram. Fairly pricey when new (somewhere between $800-$900) and no where near the best, but sooo worth it! ;)

(Edit to add) And by the way, I just finished my complete collection of Sims3 by purchasing an unused disk of KP Sweet Treats from Ebay! :p
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I must say I disagree with him. I think Sims 3 is beautiful. I love the worlds, the furniture/buildings, and I love the sims. I think they are cute. Maybe not the ones that came shipped with the worlds, but the ones I make and the ones I've seen all of you make.

They are very cute with a lot of personality. Love them!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don’t care about his personal opinion by the way. But now that rumour has it they are starting to develop Sims 5, I just really hope the team that will work on that game will have more appreciation of Sims 3.

The writing is on the wall for them. All they have to do is take our feedback
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    So he didn't like the art style ? As a producer he was in a position to influence that decision so why didn't he get it changed ? We would have been none the wiser having come straight from the TS2 art style. However it is what it is and those of us who genuinely love the game are grateful for that. Perhaps someone should send him a link to the scenery thread to remind him what they threw away when TS4 was created. This is what we are expecting for the next iteration, the more realistic the better. As for being derogatory about TS3 as a means of selling the TS4 cartoon sims, it has a snowball's chance in plum of succeeding.

The Sims 4 is finished really. All they are doing now is churning out backs until the next game is released. Innovation died in The Sims the day their only attempt at innovation was emotions, multitasking and walk styles :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 :D Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Sim3 is perfect, but come on! You have to play this on a low end computer for it to look worse than Sims4! I would know because I did.
    The pics I posted above are the results of a GTX 950, i5 6600k processor and 8 gigs ram. Fairly pricey when new (somewhere between $800-$900) and no where near the best, but sooo worth it! ;)

Similer specs to me and a lot of other players. Just think what they could do in this day and age?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I must say I disagree with him. I think Sims 3 is beautiful. I love the worlds, the furniture/buildings, and I love the sims. I think they are cute. Maybe not the ones that came shipped with the worlds, but the ones I make and the ones I've seen all of you make.

They are very cute with a lot of personality. Love them!
    This. I’ll never understand, with a few exceptions like Universe and Midnight Hollow, why they made those sims so plain themselves.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    There is no way I would ever buy Sims4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top