Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #102 - The Hawthorne Project Part VIII
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Park at Willow Creek
    LOT COST: $12k
    Gallery: 55 Plus Crowd
    GALLERY COST: $556,725
    TOTAL COST: $568,725
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fT86dhi
    ENTRY DETAILS: Senior living apartments each with a bedroom, kitchen, living space, office area and bathroom. Clubhouse has a gym, gameroom formal dining area for parties, outdoor movies and a DeeJay. Perfect for the 55 plus crowd that likes a sense of community, fun and relaxing in a beautiful environment.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No mods or cc.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    Sh9K0p1.png
    kkIryMG.png
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2018
    CHALLENGE #102 - The Hawthorne Project Part VIII
    FORUM ID: Cebu2Cool
    ORIGIN ID: ElderJymm
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CFE6F028B6E211E8820DD5C4434B406D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=elderjymm&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §25,000
    LOT NAME: Magnolia Blossom Park
    GALLERY COST: §250,456
    TOTAL COST: §275,456
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4gl3IDe
    ENTRY DETAILS: I thought trailers at first and then an idea struck me why not join trailer-like units together connected by a common area...under a dome. To make it look right I made seven units and then the fun began. The yards were a trip and find a place for the community garden, BBQ and movies were fun too. The rolls I used on the two separate walls out front may drop to the ground and the columns there disappear. Grrr. BUT It all came together and took longer than I thought (maybe trailers was a better idea?)

Oooops no inside close ups...oh well. Too late for that.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Constructive Criticism is always healpful.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used, BUT a lot of Move Objects though.
    TWITTER TAG: ElderJymm
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Jay MoonChild
    TUMBLR LINK: Pass

tdEMu6T.jpg

tUqZG9Z.jpg
    Post edited by Cebu2cool on
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2018
    FORUM ID:lin-zlulubell
    ORIGIN ID:lin-zlulubell
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A9A409ABB6FF11E880B0B573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=lin-zlulubell&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12,000
    LOT NAME: vonwindenburg estate?
    GALLERY COST: 317,392
    TOTAL COST: 329,392
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Ri90QPj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Okay. I wanted to keep the park colorful and fun yet updated and sophisticated. Every pull behind trailer has its own yard and bbq area and matching landscaping. Community Center has everything required plus some extras like a pool and kids room. Trailer one belongs to _______, I designed it with a softer tone to attract future girlfriends and match the flamingos. I tried to keep the crisp, clean, modern look throughout the park. Trailer 2 belongs to a single mother with a teen daughter. I have created these sims and hope to load them. The way they look gives good insight to their design. Both mom and daughter like to dance, along with everyone living in the park. Trailer 3 is my personal favorite! It belongs to a young, eclectic couple, The Taylors! Trailer 4 belongs to Jason, who's older sister lives in trailer 5. He is a hooligan criminal and she is a sweet, romantic that loves to cook. Her kitchen has the best of appliances. Large community garden is behind her pull behind. Wish I could write more but I'm down to the wire on this one, my pics aren't even done loading, I've worked non stop to finish things up and I'm exhausted!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    edited September 2018
    May I caption my pictures first thing in the AM? I think my husband will kill me if I spend another minute on the computer
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2018
    5nd1sli.png
    .... .

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2018
    tKzVfiV.jpg

You walk through the main office doors and can’t help but think of how much Karl would love this! The reception area is just the thing he’s always wanted. He doesn’t know you know, but you know he secretly has always wished for this or that to make his job here easier, and this set-up has it all.

There is ample seating for clients, and a wonderfully large conference room for you to take meetings in. It’s… you didn’t even know it was what you wanted until you stood looking at it in awe.

You have to see your office! You look around, opening doors until you find the one that must be yours, and like everything else you’ve seen, it is perfect. So much so you wonder how anyone could ever have built such a thing. It doesn’t even seem real.

You are about to go see the last thing, the most important thing, the thing that you want to see more than anything when the intercom buzzes, waking you from your sleep.

You sit up and rub your eyes, blinking as you look around at your real office, the perfect one of your dreams lingering in your mind’s eye.

The intercom buzzes again and you finally answer it.

“Yes, Karl?”

“Well, we’re pretty slow, no clients on the schedule. I was wondering if I might take off early.”

“Oh. Yes, of course. Before you do, can you come in here for a moment?”

“On my way,” he says.

You grab a pencil and paper and begin to furiously draw everything you can remember from your dream. After all, business has been more than good lately, and you are feeling like maybe you’ve outgrown this place.

When Karl pokes his head in you look up and grin. “Karl, how would you like to have a new office?”

vPz5U5r.png
    • 175,000 budget
    • Build a new office for yourself and your growing design business! Build the office literally from your dreams.
    • It must include a reception area, conference room, offices, and something special you’ve always wanted (be sure to describe this special addition in your entry form for the judges).
    • Choose any style office in any town - let your dreams run wild!

Room Challenge:
    Create your dream private office suite. The suite must include a client meeting area, design/work space, and executive amenities such as a private restroom, wet bar, etc.
    • Budget: $75,000
    • Size Limit: 40 squares in any layout you choose (it can be smaller if you wish). Be sure to include a slide showing the layout square count in your entry slideshow.

Sim Challenge:
    No Sim challenge this time around, but why not take a stab at your own entry to the next phase of the Hawthorne Project: Sims.

3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS103 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday26th September 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    5ZgkRIL.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    May I caption my pictures first thing in the AM? I think my husband will kill me if I spend another minute on the computer

Absolutely :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    So we're not going to finish catching up with the Hawthorne Project entries? All right... I'm going off to bed but I'll think on this one.
    image.png
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    I'm gonna repost this as I realized I didn't tag you guys, and you may have not seen it :blush: A few of us seem to be wondering the same thing. hehe. @BuildnShare
    Just curious, but we haven't seen the results for the Sim category for Expert have we? I can't find it in The Winner's Circle. Was there no entrants? I am pretty sure I made one you see, hence why I was looking for the feedback on it :heart:

This is for challenge 101 #FivebyFive
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Those will be up tonight, @Ninnster! Apologies for the delay.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Oh @BuildnShare ! Argh! At first I saw this and thought: well, maybe. Now my wild imagination has over complicated a vision for this build seven-ways-to-Sunday and I haven’t even gone in game yet.
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    What a great challenge! I may need to dust off my Sims 4 game and give this one a shot
    I didn’t really notice the last contest was supposed to be retirement community only and thought it could just be a trailer park for him to manage. I added women I thought were his age. I don’t necessarily think it doesn’t look like a retirement park either unless you read my brief. The pull behind I built with an extra bedroom can just be for visiting grandkids? I may get disqualified though :( The guy didn’t look 55 :D
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    OH, man, I was hoping this challenge would come around for Sims 4! I wanted to do it in the Sims 3 challenges, and then I discovered Sims 3 won't run on my computer anymore. :(
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    OH, man, I was hoping this challenge would come around for Sims 4! I wanted to do it in the Sims 3 challenges, and then I discovered Sims 3 won't run on my computer anymore. :(

Pretty much this!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm in for this new challenge!
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited September 2018
    Hello, I would like to submit my application for "Dream a Little Dream" #103 :)

Submission for CHALLENGE #103 -Dream a Little Dream

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: -
    LOT: X-Cube Design Studio NEW X-Cube Design Studio V.2

LOT COST:$2,410
    LOT NAME: Sporting Space
    GALLERY COST: $174,952
    TOTAL COST: $177,362
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: X-Cube Design Studio
    ENTRY DETAILS: The ground floor consists of reception area & “meet and greet” the potential clients. On the first floor, there’s a conference room for meeting & presentation area, VIP room for the high-profile clients, and 2 bathrooms. On the second floor, there’s an office and a canteen (sunroof) for the staffs to refresh as well as to entertain the clients. The studio/workplace is located on the top floor (sunroof) with balcony and a small rooftop garden. A small café is located at the back of the building, that can be accessed from the ground floor, which is what I always wanted if I have my own building (because I love coffee so much). The 2 fountains and the sculptures are placed to add the whimsical sense to the building, which reflect the owner.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8Xpz2pR.png
    Sy3qAea.png

Thanks.

ETA: Changes done on below to reduce the cost to $172,327 for the value. So, the total cost is $174,737

X-Cube Design Studio v.2

One sculpture removed & one set of outdoor table.
    GqZQFdJ.png

One white chair removed.
    jovkTkg.png

p/s: I'm travelling atm, the network is pretty bad. Sorry for the delay. :)
    Post edited by x4m1r4 on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @xamira99!! Awesome entry btw <3
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @xamira99!! Awesome entry btw <3

Thank you so much @FaithofKaela Glad that you like it... :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    is an office cat acceptable?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Kind of random question, since I was out of the Build-n-Share loop for a while: has anyone ever said what Karl looks like? Is he a sim available for download? ^^; I was just thinking it'd be cool to show him dinking in his office on my build. (I can always make my vision of Karl, but if there's an "official" Karl somewhere, I'd be glad to download him and add him to my game. <3 )
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Kind of random question, since I was out of the Build-n-Share loop for a while: has anyone ever said what Karl looks like? Is he a sim available for download? ^^; I was just thinking it'd be cool to show him dinking in his office on my build. (I can always make my vision of Karl, but if there's an "official" Karl somewhere, I'd be glad to download him and add him to my game. <3 )

First of all, I have no idea... but in the mars habitat challenge for a brief moment there, Karl was a 'she' :open_mouth::wink::tongue:

@SimsIslandheart No, Karl doesn't 'exist' - but we can change that if you would like to have him in your game...
    4Sanne wrote: »

First of all, I have no idea... but in the mars habitat challenge for a brief moment there, Karl was a 'she' :open_mouth::wink::tongue:

@4Sanne - yeah, we had some issues with Karl's gender there, but rest assured, he is most definitely a he :tongue:
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    is an office cat acceptable?

I see no reason why not!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top