Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items that have been banned from your played sims households?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I wouldn't say I "ban" these things, but I won't put them in my houses anymore until sims stop obsessing over them: Sinks, globe bar, bulletin board, high chairs, gaming rigs, card tables, doll houses, talking toilets, bubble blower, laundry appliances. I'm actually quite sure I forgot some too.

Computers are locked behind doors, so only household members can get to them. Because we all know how it goes, you invite friend in, they head straight for the computer and you don't see them again until they thank you for "hanging out with me".
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2018
    The tea magic personal brewer. I wish it worked as intended but its so broken in my game it makes me sad. And competes are always put behind gates so i can lock em up. You can get gates eau closer to them than youd think, its really useful.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I tend to avoid putting any bar in my houses for any sims with some kind of inspirational buff and/or a smidgen of mixology training. Unless I have them specifically there for drinkmaking, I tend to keep that thing locked away in the inventory, or learn to watch every autonomous move the bar drinking sim does.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I have banned Blicblock! They would rather stay in their life sized tetris game than do anything else even eat and use the bathroom. If I can never find my Sim, guaranteed they are there!
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    All that mentioned above can be temporarily put into the familly inventory, but how to put a cat in there?
    I like the cat, but my sim is obsessed with it and will be caressed it for an hour.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    It isn't a thing ... but maids.

I will never use a maid to come over and clean the house. They either don't work, or they have the klepto trait.
  • I find my sims gathered around the high chair all the time stuck in a never ending process of in and out with the children. To save the kids (and mine) sanity I have sold it.

Radios are a big no no too.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I haven't banned it long term but have short term, and it's.... surprise surprise, the GRILL! I have had two sims now almost burn the house down or burn themselves alive (that one was over to visit and not in my control, the other who almost burnt the house down was in my household but snuck by me while I was tending to a toddler). All because they had zero cooking skill and instead of waiting two seconds for whoever was at the fridge to move, they autonomously decide that it's a good idea to cook something on the grill with no cooking skill! But alas, I like burgers and steaks (and meat in general), and like for my sims to eat it too, and for some reason hardly any of the stove meals have meat in them, so I can't actually ban the grill (even though I want to).

Things that I did end up banning in my first save file, which have also never made their way into my new save file, are the gaming rig as mentioned (it's all been said well, no further explanation needed), and the cupcake factory. When my sims would get hungry instead of going to get leftovers made by the Level 10 cook in the house, they'd decide they were just going to make a batch of cupcakes instead. Then I'd have to cancel, only for it to be too late and I'd have to throw away the cupcakes (I prefer my sims to eat more nutrionally as a whole and not gain 400 lbs). In my first save file I also ended up having to ban the observatory, because everyone in the house seemed obsessed with it, to the point where they'd ignore what I told them to do. I do have one in my current save, but it is kept at the very back edge of the lot, and now these sims hardly ever try to use it (not sure if it was patched or if it's a matter of distance).
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    In my sim homes I place the computer(s) in a locked room. Completely locked to everyone and only unlocked for a specific sim at a time who may need it for work/entertainment (because the needs bar is too low). Couldn't handle them all fighting over it or getting mad because someone else was already on it all the time. They ignore bathroom, food, entertainment from other sources, talking to each other and a few other things in favor of fighting over those silly computers.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    In my sim homes I place the computer(s) in a locked room. Completely locked to everyone and only unlocked for a specific sim at a time who may need it for work/entertainment (because the needs bar is too low). Couldn't handle them all fighting over it or getting mad because someone else was already on it all the time. They ignore bathroom, food, entertainment from other sources, talking to each other and a few other things in favor of fighting over those silly computers.

This is a good idea. I might try it for the doll house. So people don't destroy it all the time.

The items that are banned in my game are the high chair and the talking toilet.
    I also have very few telescopes compared to the previous sims games. In sims 2 every household had a telescope but now they are just way to big.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    A few things that have been mentioned already.
    Gaming rigs, high chairs, talking toilet.
    Umbrellas, I'm fed up with my sims gathered round the TV with their umbrellas up, and the constant up, down, up, down when they are talking to someone one and decide to hug or something.
    I am about to ban fireplaces too, they have them on year round even in a heatwave and are always warming themselves. I tell them to put it out, they light it right up again.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    It isn't a thing ... but maids.

I will never use a maid to come over and clean the house. They either don't work, or they have the klepto trait.

I've never once used a maid in TS4, I have yet to find a need for them; since beds don't need to be made and other items don't get dirty that often, plus I usually have sims max out handiness so most items get upgraded to self clean; maids are superfluous. I've yet to hire a butler as well, again I've not had the need to. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • tsuntsuntsuntsun Posts: 26 Member
    bushes ;x gahh how many times i had to go to the vets before finally realizing it was the bush that kept messing with them
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Stereos, my big annoyance is Sims dancing at every opportunity. If they're throwing a party I'll put one in, but otherwise, nah!
    I'd also like to ban computers, but they give the sims I'm not paying much attention to, to be occupied.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited September 2018
    * Highchairs and woohoo bushes for the same reasons others have already mentioned.
    * Dollhouses because it's always the adults that play with them.
    * The woodworking bench for a while, but the developers fixed the sims' obsession with it, now it's time they do the same with computers.
    * Stereos in bedrooms. Sims autonomously turn them on before going to bed and then wonder why they can't sleep.
    * Coffee machines. They are completely useless, what little energy one cup provides barely makes up for how long sims take to drink it, and since I don't drink coffee in real life, I don't feel weird leaving it out.
    * Washtubs, unless I have at least one sim in the household who has absolutely nothing to do all day. It takes way too long to do the laundry in there, and it never gets really clean. Clothes lines have also become more difficult to use with Seasons, I wish you could place them inside without cheats.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The highchair. I do like the talking toilet's sanitise feature, even though my Sims occasionally decide to stare at the toilet instead of using it (even with autonomy off). I've also stopped using sofas, since my Sims always want to sit on top of one another when I tell them to read a book, and then both end up throwing their books on the floor and standing up.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I completely forgot: coffee machines! If there is one in the house, I can bet a million simoleons someone will always want to make coffee, drink a cup and then leave it to spoil.

Also, umbrellas. I am so fed up with telling my sun immune vampires to put them away. Next time I play that house, they will have umbrellas! And I have to tell all of them to put them away AGAIN.
  • GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    Two main things: grills and the bubble blower.
    I love the aesthetic of the bubble blower, and it'd be great if everyone didnt just randomly cancel their action to go stare at the stupid thing. Gah! I had it in the main room of my sims house once, and all 8 of my sims like to go either applaud it or be horrified by it. To say I'd make a mistake would be an understatement.

The grills, oh man. Oh MAN. What is it with those things? Everyone will abandon -everything- to go grill themselves something that they're not even going to eat. Vampires doing so annoys me so much more, too—like, dude, you don't eat. You -can't- eat, (if they have withered stomach). You are burning, you fools. Get inside. Leave. the grill. alone!
    So many sorcerers ~
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Am I the only one who loves the talking toilet? It can deal with their bladder and hygiene at once! I love this.

I have 1 in my richer Sims homes, even my vamps but no lamps that use electricity, I need to lock up the regular bar, the globe bar. I have no highchair for same reason, I do allow computer but tv is in inventory until season premiere day is there then it goes back in the inventory, it's kinda funny sometimes to think of banning them but they are so funny.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Highchairs are one for me as well. Either Sim will leave the tot sitting there, attempt to place tot in chair right before canceling the command and placing them on the floor instead, or Sims act like they have no clue how the high chair works. I have banned washer and dryers from my game due to the amount of piled up laundry and the annoyance of having to place laundry in the machine then also having to pick the option of wash/dry; common sense says you put laundry in washer/dryer to wash/dry.

That's why I never bought the laundry pack. I have fake ones that I use to make a laundry room.
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    The lump of clay!
    Oh and pets lol I got so sick and tired of my Sims constantly stopping what they were doing to go pet the cat.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I completely forgot: coffee machines! If there is one in the house, I can bet a million simoleons someone will always want to make coffee, drink a cup and then leave it to spoil.

Also, umbrellas. I am so fed up with telling my sun immune vampires to put them away. Next time I play that house, they will have umbrellas! And I have to tell all of them to put them away AGAIN.
    @Kathykins I hate to break this to you but even if you have your vampires put their umbrellas away and delete the umbrella rack, the next time it rains the game will automatically give them new umbrellas. Which they will then also use on non rainy sunny days. Yes, yes it is very annoying.
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    vivica86 wrote: »
    The lump of clay!
    I really dislike that lump of clay. So much. Just so, so much.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

ghilie wrote: »
    vivica86 wrote: »
    The lump of clay!
    I really dislike that lump of clay. So much. Just so, so much.

Me too!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PandaZOMGPANDAPandaZOMGPANDA Posts: 31 Member
    The Microscope for sure. With that thing around my sims don't get anything done. I don't like having the observatory either.