Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your engagement since Quarterly Teasers have stopped?

How has your engagement been with The Sims 4 since they stopped Quarterly Teasers back in March?

How is your engagement since Quarterly Teasers have stopped? 224 votes

More engaged, I like not knowing until right before something drops.
4%
simgirl1010Bagoas77Vulorigothprincess4everTheGoodOldGamerMondayTS1299BrindletonWildIrishBansheeSimilliant 10 votes
More engaged, teasers made it harder to wait.
6%
PlayerSinger2010TheLibrarySimrobyngravesLadyTigressierolovrr31AliakaracalipossrubyrufflesKriintBbear2468WhoDoUAppreciateAr1sStghamrick75Seymour92Spiffai 15 votes
Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
58%
auroraael14icmnfrshrudy8292alexspoom13alan650111aprilrosedreamergrl84Lomelindi7imhappyBrokenChaos69keekee53StrangerthanjustChrisUkCynnaSimQueenie9Cherryrose_xalexandreaDJQ1308Aeroprincess87Jnyx 130 votes
Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.
30%
CK213catmom1987JeanLeGardePourpreKita5399Erja888KlthfSerraNolwenfruitsbasket101CinebarKirbySkywalkeremluckysunshineJennyggSk8rblazepeterskywalkerMirichasikasika18pixiejuiceCinders27DragonAge_300905 69 votes

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
    For me, I liked the teasers because it allows me to know whether we’re heading for a dry quarter so I can focus my attention elsewhere, and not load the forums everyday begging for news.

I like where SimGuruKate is going with the monthly updates, but the game feels more stagnant without being in the loop, and Seasons felt like it was over before it began.

Also, while I love Seasons, it doesn’t provide the kind of gameplay I like in the Sims, and it feels like FOREVER since Jungle Adventure.

The teasers just helped me keep engaged long term as there was always something offical to talk about.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited August 2018
    There should be an option for the same amount of engagement before and after quarterly teasers. It hasn't changed for me at all. I still go on the forums every day and I play the sims 4 most days. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    For me there's not much difference. It was nice to get info about new content early, but I don't really like to speculate and many times I saw the speculations lead to major disappointments.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No difference, really. I visit the forum every day, play Sims every day. Just like before.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.
    Playing my game is alright since I have strong story scenarios going.
    The speculation forum is boring to me however, and I am not excited about future content since I know nothing.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    It didn't really change for me, but I never watched them anyway - did that a lot with Sims 1 and 2 and got burnt out on that bad. Now I'd rather not know anything lol.
    @Evie0602 wrote: »
    There should be an option for the same amount of engagement before and after quarterly teasers. It hasn't changed for me at all. I still go on the forums every day and I play the sims 4 most days. :)

I did actually have a 5th option not sure why it didn’t post? It just said “I don’t feel any different from before”
  • lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    There's little difference for me if I'm honest
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I couldn’t choose because I like not knowing what’s coming, but I don’t feel any more engaged.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm less engaged but it has nothing to do with the teasers. I think if it were the teasers alone there'd be no difference for me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I'm using this time to explore some gameplay features I'd been putting off. Like playing a vampire and finishing up with my vet. Next on the list is running a restaurant which I've started several times then abandoned for other gameplay.
    Why was this moved to speculation & rumour from General Discussion? Last time I checked it’s a general discussion we’re not speculating rumours? @EA_Mage
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm going to be honest, I only come to the forums now when something is announced like this new content patch they are apparently releasing this Thursday. The content teasers kept me excited for what was to come. Now I find other things to fill my downtime while I wait for new news.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I miss the teasers. They provided more of a time frame too, now I feel like it’s more all up in the air and I’m just in general less engaged. I check the forums less often and find myself not really wondering as much about new releases. Probably good for my wallet though, I honestly think I’m less likely to buy when I’m not that inveat d from the beginning, but that’s probably not what EA wants.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The same, really. I don't mind being surprised. I don't miss the teasers, but I like that they are having live streams now (even though I may not watch them).
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Engagement? The wedding is off!!

Oh, that's not what this is about?

*Sashays away*
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I feel less engaged because I liked the teasaers it told me what was coming up in the game and I also liked how we spectate on what is was and made the forum more engaging.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Engagement? The wedding is off!!

Oh, that's not what this is about?

*Sashays away*
    :joy: way to hilarious @Movotti.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @jackjack_k

I think all the threads not directly about the game and its gameplay are moved here.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2018
    I hate this new approach.

I couldn't care less about Guru's playing the game in their worktime, and I also don't care about that whole talkshow thing they want to pull off.

Also all these little ''Don't get too hyped, but we are streaming! Set your alarms!!!'' streams are a waste of time imo.

Tomorrow again, like .. ok we get some objects and maybe a hairstyle and the stream is 30 mins? We will see what comes, don't need a seperate stream for a chair and a table.

Now we are basically back to 0 where we are waiting for something to be announced and dumped on us almost right after. There is not much speculation anymore and we are basically just waiting in the dark for MAYBE something to get announced in X month.

I still prefer the quarterly teasers since you had a general sense of what was going to come within the next 3 months, and if you didn't care about it, you knew way in advance. Also came with a bit of speculation added to it, which was fun imo.

I see this new ''strategy'' as selling us air and just be ''present'' on twitch so they can say they are ''active''.

But their marketing has been flawed since the start, so this doesn't surprise me. New CM, new ''intuitive, innovative and tactile'' plans..
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I hate this new approach.

I couldn't care less about Guru's playing the game in their worktime, and I also don't care about that whole talkshow thing they want to pull off.

Also all these little ''Don't get too hyped, but we are streaming! Set your alarms!!!'' streams are a waste of time imo.

Tomorrow again, like .. ok we get some objects and maybe a hairstyle and the stream is 30 mins? We will see what comes, don't need a seperate stream for a chair and a table.

Now we are basically back to 0 where we are waiting for something to be announced and dumped on us almost right after. There is not much speculation anymore and we are basically just waiting in the dark for MAYBE something to get announced in X month.

I still prefer the quarterly teasers since you had a general sense of what was going to come within the next 3 months, and if you didn't care about it, you knew way in advance. Also came with a bit of speculation added to it, which was fun imo.

I see this new ''strategy'' as selling us air and just be ''present'' on twitch so they can say they are ''active''.

But their marketing has been flawed since the start, so this doesn't surprise me. New CM, new ''intuitive, innovative and tactile'' plans..

This!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You are missing an answer OP - as none of those is my answer - and my answer is no change - Whether or not there were teasers - did not influence my play at all. I have played Sims since they existed - and we only had the teaser for less than 2 years - they never changed anything before nor anything after they stopped. But you need an answer like No Affect - as that would be my answer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I do miss the days of The Sims 3, where there was plenty of speculation over what was going to be the next pack. Having new expansion packs every 6 months was great, too.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I don't think the streams are providing much information, if any at all, when all they say is: "we have something coming soon!" I also don't need a livestream for them to show me what recoloured shirt or chair they have added - I don't particularly like being kept in the dark and I think they are completely unnecessary.
    I don't really want to watch the Sims Team playing the game and repeating: "More coming soon, more coming in the future!"

I really wish they would start addressing what fixes they are working on just for peace of mind, right now my game is so messed up I can't even play. So tonight it will be anothother case of:
    1. Update game
    2. Open game whilst silently begging for it to be fixed
    3. Play for a few minutes, realise it is still lagging and bugged
    4. Swear and curse
    5. Close game, wait for next patch

SICK - OF - IT

2UFyFUV.png

• KriintKriint Posts: 12 New Member
    More engaged, teasers made it harder to wait.
    I think it's not very fair to compare the livestreams we are getting with the teasers since the previous livestream and this upcoming one are for stuff that wouldn't be on a teaser. With that in mind, I think the teasers reached more people, meanwhile the whole livestream and Twitter hype reaches less but is way more engaged which I like. The gurus -especially Kate and Grant- interact more with the simmers which before it wasn't really a thing.