Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery being sorted by "Popular Now" by default is a problem

Comments

• Options
    Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    I really don't understand how this sections works, "most popular" makes no sence when you have things with more than 500 downloads and then you have others with no fav and 10 downloads. How can they say that the Gallery is fixed, when clearly is not.

For the other side, you will find a lot of reuploaded things and people cheating downloads. Besides, I have issues with the "fav button" doesn't work well, I give a fav and then I check and its gone.

So, come on Maxis, Guru's, staff, whatever ... !!!! At least show your faces, tell us what can we do or with who can with talk about this situation. I play the sims 4 since 2015 and the Gallery is in poor conditions and you are just letting it die, not offences.

Sorry for being kind of rude but I'm so frustrating right now.
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • Options
    PlantylPlantyl Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2018
    Artemisa02 wrote: »
    I really don't understand how this sections works, "most popular" makes no sence when you have things with more than 500 downloads and then you have others with no fav and 10 downloads. How can they say that the Gallery is fixed, when clearly is not.

For the other side, you will find a lot of reuploaded things and people cheating downloads. Besides, I have issues with the "fav button" doesn't work well, I give a fav and then I check and its gone.

So, come on Maxis, Guru's, staff, whatever ... !!!! At least show your faces, tell us what can we do or with who can with talk about this situation. I play the sims 4 since 2015 and the Gallery is in poor conditions and you are just letting it die, not offences.

Sorry for being kind of rude but I'm so frustrating right now.
    When will they fix it? I'm really sick and tired of all the gallery's problems. EA, if you're going to ignore again, this time we will probably have to leave. Please remember that we creators are one of the biggest parts of The Sims. We bring fun and creativity to the game and make it more enjoyable. Without us, this game would be less interesting.
    Post edited by Plantyl on
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @Plantyl
    There are two options: Either the team of Guru EA is on vacation - this is the holiday season, or there is no option to change and EA does not intend to explain why.
    Huge corporations usually do not talk to customers and I have to admit that EA is a positive exception. But maybe this custom just coming to an end. The liquidation of the first foreign forums may be the first signal of this. Forums allow for two-way conversation. You ask - someone with EA - sometimes :D - responds and the trail remains. Twitter or Facebook are probably more comfortable for EA.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    For y'all

n1woN0h.png
  • Options
    Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    Plantyl wrote: »
    For y'all

n1woN0h.png

Finally !!!!! Thanks @Plantyl for sharing ♥♥♥
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • Options
    @Artemisa02 Np dear ;)
  • Options
    NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    > @Artemisa02 said:
    > Plantyl wrote: »
    >
    > For y'all
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Finally !!!!! Thanks @Plantyl for sharing ♥♥♥

This is great! I love that at least someone on the Sims team is listening!

If they can't change the default back, they should at least add a bit to the tutorial about changing filters. I just ran through the tutorial to see what all it covered, and it said NOTHING about the filters along the side. That would also help, I think.
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Plantyl wrote: »
    For y'all

n1woN0h.png

Thank goodness, we've at least been acknowledged! Thanks for posting this. :)
  • Options
    Nindessa wrote: »
    > @Artemisa02 said:
    > Plantyl wrote: »
    >
    > For y'all
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Finally !!!!! Thanks @Plantyl for sharing ♥♥♥

This is great! I love that at least someone on the Sims team is listening!

If they can't change the default back, they should at least add a bit to the tutorial about changing filters. I just ran through the tutorial to see what all it covered, and it said NOTHING about the filters along the side. That would also help, I think.

That might help a little, but I still think a lot of players would not care enough about whether they're looking at newest or popular to switch. Whereas if it's automatically set to newest for everyone, most will at least glance at what's new.
  • Options
    > @hyrulerose said:
    >
    > That might help a little, but I still think a lot of players would not care enough about whether they're looking at newest or popular to switch. Whereas if it's automatically set to newest for everyone, most will at least glance at what's new.

You do have a point there. After I posted that, I realized that MOST don't really even look at the tutorials anyway ( I know I didn't).

I'm just happy that we've at least been heard.
  • Options
    @Nindessa Technically, they can change it back if they remain the old algorithm.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can also confirm that the gallery being defaulted to "popular now" is a problem. Ever since this update, nothing I upload is getting downloaded at all.
  • Options
    Mandykay77Mandykay77 Posts: 21 Member
    well thankfully we have been heard and hopefully doesn't take to long to make a decision on what they are gonna do. Why change something that wasn't broken in the first place. Just wish they would give an explanation behind why they changed it or why they don't want change it back. Maybe there's something behind we are missing. I don't know what but maybe some reasoning behind the madness. LOL
  • Options
    Mandykay77 wrote: »
    well thankfully we have been heard and hopefully doesn't take to long to make a decision on what they are gonna do. Why change something that wasn't broken in the first place. Just wish they would give an explanation behind why they changed it or why they don't want change it back. Maybe there's something behind we are missing. I don't know what but maybe some reasoning behind the madness. LOL

In the patch notes, this was the reasoning behind the change: "Popular Now is the default filter, which means you should see more fresh, different content."

But, as it has been discussed here, it hasn't worked out that way. The creations in Popular Now aren't changing very often.
  • Options
    > @hyrulerose said:
    > Mandykay77 wrote: »
    >
    > well thankfully we have been heard and hopefully doesn't take to long to make a decision on what they are gonna do. Why change something that wasn't broken in the first place. Just wish they would give an explanation behind why they changed it or why they don't want change it back. Maybe there's something behind we are missing. I don't know what but maybe some reasoning behind the madness. LOL
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In the patch notes, this was the reasoning behind the change: "Popular Now is the default filter, which means you should see more fresh, different content."
    >
    > But, as it has been discussed here, it hasn't worked out that way. The creations in Popular Now aren't changing very often.

how could it be any fresher then just added (new) , that makes no sense.
  • Options
    how could it be any fresher then just added (new) , that makes no sense.

I don't get it either. It was an odd feature to decide to change.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm glad it's being looked into. I always look through the newest ones and nobody is getting any downloads at all. And yes, it's pretty frustrating seeing copied or cloned content in the "Popular Now" section . It gives those people more incentive to be dishonest and boost their popularity. Sometimes I've seen the copied version get more downloads than the original, and that isn't right at all.
  • Options
    Please go to twitter and vote about the new gallery!
  • Options
    //twitter.com/SimGuruKate
  • Options
    TwoHorsesTwoHorses Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Finvola said:
    > I'm glad it's being looked into. I always look through the newest ones and nobody is getting any downloads at all. And yes, it's pretty frustrating seeing copied or cloned content in the "Popular Now" section . It gives those people more incentive to be dishonest and boost their popularity. Sometimes I've seen the copied version get more downloads than the original, and that isn't right at all.

Hi Finvola, the other day on Twitch, one of the SimGurus acknowledge this problem and said that the team was trying to find a solution to all this stealing. So let's hope a change is coming soon! ;)

And to everybody: about the Popular Now by default problem, SimGuruKate and Crin are tweeting about it, there is even a poll on twitter right now (see SimGuruKate's tweets), you guys should vote, it's a good way to have your voice heard.

I've read here some bad comments about EA, and I respect your opinions. But I just want to say that imho, EA has changed over the years and I'm so happy to see that they get closer to the players and that it's easier to reach them. I also love how they ask what we would love to see in the game in the future, how they created Laundry Day, the frequent polls on twitter, and so on. The presence of the SimGurus on different social medias make us know personnaly the creators of the game, which is sooooo coooooool! :) As a gamer, I wish more video game companies would do the same.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I'll add the link
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Voted and replied to SimGuruKate's poll on twitter. I also noticed that this thread specifically is being talked about there by at least one of the Gurus. Glad we were able to get through to them! It is kind of a shame though, that they're only talking about it on twitter instead of communicating with us here. But I guess the format of twitter might just be preferable.
  • Options
    I'll add the link

thanks it would not let me share that :)
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Voted and replied to SimGuruKate's poll on twitter. I also noticed that this thread specifically is being talked about there by at least one of the Gurus. Glad we were able to get through to them! It is kind of a shame though, that they're only talking about it on twitter instead of communicating with us here. But I guess the format of twitter might just be preferable.

I think they're looking for more feedback first. There may be some on Twitter who don't use these forums, and a poll is a great way to get data on how many players this issue actually affects. Although... They could do a poll here, too. :/
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I'm glad it's being looked into. I always look through the newest ones and nobody is getting any downloads at all. And yes, it's pretty frustrating seeing copied or cloned content in the "Popular Now" section . It gives those people more incentive to be dishonest and boost their popularity. Sometimes I've seen the copied version get more downloads than the original, and that isn't right at all.

Thank you for bringing up this point! I have been trying to get the word out in the gallery about this very fact for months now. The minority of simmers who seemingly don't care about how long it takes to make a good creation and simply reupload is bad enough. However some of those simmers also boost their own reuploaded creation into the popular now section by repeatedly redownloading that creation. This gives them the visibility and respect the original creator actually deserves. The original creator is harmed twice in this case. The reupload and then the download manipulation that makes the simmer reuploading look like a top quality simmer. My latest fear once I saw the popular now as the default is coming true :(

@Mandykay77 Thank you for posting your message about this poll on my gallery profile. I actually created a Twitter account just today because I am so invested in making this change.
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png